Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Unfortunately the government knows exactly who has a gun.

The issue is that the government hastily rushed this closure in and did it under the guise of preventing domestic violence.

90794072_637183200452101_8511548063003705344_o.jpg

is this where you tell us you And the rest of your followers are in a compound out in the middle of shitcreek, stockpiled with guns and prepared for when the “govt” comes And won’t go down without a fight

Yeah they have a whole wing of ICU bed at FSH that have been closed off and unused since it opened just in case of a crisis like this so there are options to increase on the ICU capacity if needed.

While it’s true that there is a wing of FSH ICU that has gone unused since opening, my understanding is that this was a staffing issue rather than foresight/planning for a pandemic. There have been many times over the past few years that the ICU has been full and had to be placed on bypass despite an entire wing lying unused.

Further capacity will come from places like surgery recovery and theatres being used as makeshift ICU beds. Even this though will not be nearly enough if community spread takes off in earnest.

While it’s true that there is a wing of FSH ICU that has gone unused since opening, my understanding is that this was a staffing issue rather than foresight/planning for a pandemic. There have been many times over the past few years that the ICU has been full and had to be placed on bypass despite an entire wing lying unused.

Further capacity will come from places like surgery recovery and theatres being used as makeshift ICU beds. Even this though will not be nearly enough if community spread takes off in earnest.
Yeah I'm pretty sure they've put those plans in place that you mentioned as well.
If people keep taking their whole family down to the shops to do their shopping together when one of the adults could haveclearly stayed home then I'm sure the hospitals will be overwhelmed in no time.

Last edited:
Not sure turning Rotto into a quarantine island is a good idea, what about the quokkas?

Even if they don't catch the coronavirus it's going to be tough for them to survive without tourists feeding them chips from Red Rooster.

jesus ******* christ some of you need to put the bong and the dystopian fiction away

Good to see your still alive m8, hope your keeping safe over there in Sarajevo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't have asked for much more from McGowan and co. in WA. They have generally been half a step in front of the other premiers and a step in front of the PM.

So it would seem these cruise ships are becoming an issue

now 46 confirmed on one boat with the expectation that will rise to 70 and 3 of them are critical in ICU - All the sick will be housed in a locked wing of a private hospital andthe rest will be put on chartered planes back to Germany

The next boat up is the one with the Australians onboard - I’m going to assume the numbers may be similar

I will never ever be going on a cruise again

I'm surprised how many cruise ships are still out there, some of them must have taken off after there was that coronavirus cruise ship crisis in Japan.

If you were stupid enough to get on a cruise ship after that you deserve to die.

I'm surprised how many cruise ships are still out there, some of them must have taken off after there was that coronavirus cruise ship crisis in Japan.

If you were stupid enough to get on a cruise ship after that you deserve to die.

That would be all of them IMO. I would have to ask my mum, but I am pretty sure none of the cruises last for as long as it has been since then.

So it would seem these cruise ships are becoming an issue

now 46 confirmed on one boat with the expectation that will rise to 70 and 3 of them are critical in ICU - All the sick will be housed in a locked wing of a private hospital andthe rest will be put on chartered planes back to Germany

The next boat up is the one with the Australians onboard - I’m going to assume the numbers may be similar

I will never ever be going on a cruise again

Not necessarily, the Artania only has a problem because they had someone who disembarked later test positive to COVID.

At this stage no one on the Magnifca has tested positive or anyone who was pr viously on the boat either. They will likely be flown straight home to their home countries.

The Vasco De Gama is the one due shortly and also has no cases at this stage or ex-passengers that were positive. They will be the ones quarantined on Rottnest as a safeguard.

The Artania is the only problem child due to the sick people on board.

Last edited:
The Feds may need to end up coming over the top on the cruise ships issue.

We need to be careful how we treat them, remembering that there are 1000s of Aussies in the same predicament on other ships all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back