Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I know most people are inside, but how nice is it outside?

I went for a ride on my tredly today, along the coast from Whitfords to Scarborough. Lots of people out and about walking and riding, plenty on the beach and heaps of surfers in the water. Not a lot different to most other times apart from the cafes and shops being closed.

The concern will be that we slow it to negligible but what then - what happens when we open the borders and it starts again.

Borders remain closed but life continues as normal (well, whatever normal is nowadays) in WA. And of course constant testing and quarantine if required, but social distancing restrictions would be gradually lifted.

we are trending OK in Aus but more testing/tracing needs to happen. the amount of cases from unknown sources is a bit worrying, we really have no clue where or how quickly this virus is spreading around.

my guess is sometime late winter we'll see some restrictions being lifted. borders will remain closed for a long while after.

We had our first quarantine breaker.

Victorian man in mandatory self-isolation wedged open the fire door at his hotel to get around the security on multiple occasions. He then used public transport to get around the city.

Was caught and is now in jail, refused bail as he was seen as a potential reoffender if he was sent back to the hotel.

So will get to put to test the notion that jail is better than quarantine in a hotel.

hearing that Mt Lawley icon The Flying Scotsman has bitten the dust

Yeah it's a rumour. They haven;'t said anything officially. There'll be a hipster shit storm if it's true.

campaigner's trick by the owners of the property if it's true too. What's going to replace it, another ****ing tex mex takeaway?

Deport him back to Vic

After he's spent 6 months in jail, needs to be a stronger message that quarantine isn't to be taken lightly.
It's the fact this peanut went and used public transport to get around after breaking quarantine which staggers me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It’s worse than jail”

shift them out to the prisons then

Entitled ****s.

"It's worse than jail"
"Have you been to jail?"
"Well, no - but..."

I've never been to jail or stayed in a Perth hotel for that matter, but I know which one I would choose. I've stayed in dodgy country "motels", mine site dongas, youth hostels... Perth hotels really aren't that bad.

Entitled fu**s.

"It's worse than jail"
"Have you been to jail?"
"Well, no - but..."

I've never been to jail or stayed in a Perth hotel for that matter, but I know which one I would choose. I've stayed in dodgy country "motels", mine site dongas, youth hostels... Perth hotels really aren't that bad.

My navy mates are posting all kinds of shit comparing self isolation at home or 5 star hotels vs submarines and a 65 man mess deck

Suck it, Winter lovers. That's what you get for cheering on a cold and miserable Spring.

Hai perthblue. Hope COVID-19 isn't transmittable via feet.

I don't actually mind low 30's but I'm just worried that people will see their last chance at a bit of warmth and sunshine before the cold season starts and flock to beaches/outdoor areas

Yeah it's a rumour. They haven;'t said anything officially. There'll be a hipster shit storm if it's true.

campaigner's trick by the owners of the property if it's true too. What's going to replace it, another ******* tex mex takeaway?

Just announced it officially :(

I don't actually mind low 30's but I'm just worried that people will see their last chance at a bit of warmth and sunshine before the cold season starts and flock to beaches/outdoor areas

Yesterday I went to Bunnings. Well I say went to, I drove past and the carpark was full so I kept going. It's never normally that full even on a weekend. I also went for a quick bike ride to get some fresh air and probably passed 100 people out and about. Granted there weren't many groups of more than two but a lot of people aren't taking things seriously.

In my head I read this thinking "oh, since the 80s"? Then I remembered that 20 years ago was 2000.

Our navy is an embarrassment

Imagine being so poorly equipped, that we could only provide 1 bed for every 3 people in the 90s
To think our last ship with wooden decks paid off in the late 90s

wooden flipping decks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back