Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS Round 22 v Adelaide

A NEW LEADER!

Shocking result. Some late goals added some Pieman interest but that was little consolation. There were 9 goals and eight goalkickers but no chumps.

Carryover Teams and Pieman Substitutes

There were 17 carryover teams but again no Pieman subs were required because there were no changes from last week. I suspect we won't be able to say that again next week.

The KELVIN
It's part of the risk reward when you go 3+2 on your selections that you might score big ... or you might bomb out. ScottyDogg knows about that with a bagel sandwiched between two Kelvins over the last three weeks. This week he went big on English and Williams and although they only got one goal each their handicap was big enough to land him the highest score of the week (157). Shacf501 (132) had a similar experience with 3xRichards and 2xEnglish and lachy (121) came in third with his multiples of Treloar and Richards + 1x English. At the other end of the table TiAn_ who follows a similar 3+2 strategy must be wondering when the drought will break. He just got his fifth bagel in a row. Enough to open a sandwich bar.

1723379629401.png

The PIEMAN

Oblivious to accusations of selection cowardice X_box_X let his privately posted team do the talking. His 75 points was enough to take him to a narrow 21 point lead over chez_ferret , only the second week all year when the ferret hasn't been at the top of the leaderboard. ossie_21 remains in the hunt but lost a small amount of ground on the leaders. Bulldog rick got an 85 which was the highest score among the top 10 but he remains 181 points behind the leader. Unless we play a lot of finals it's hard to see anyone outside those top 4 winning the comp with only two H&A games to go.

1723380272066.png

Private Selections

Just a reminder that anyone is allowed to post a private selection over the last few rounds and for any finals we may play. But really it's only of benefit to those who are vying for a podium or a top 10 spot. You'd only do it to keep your nearest opposition guessing.

If you want to lodge a private selection just PM me with your team before the start time for the game. I will reveal the team as soon as possible after entries have closed. Oh, and I'll also let the board know that you have PM'd your team so that ossie can get stuck into you.

Pieman Player of the Week

Not an impressive PPotW table this week. Of our top goalscorers this year - the ones with over 20 goals each - only Marra, Darcy and the Bont got on the scorecard. Williams wins PPotW with his solitary goal.

Best possible score would have been a Chump of Williams+English+McNeil+Richards+Bontempelli for a base score of 140 and a bonus of 56, giving you 196. Best possible non-Chump would have been 3x Williams and 2x English giving 168, which is not much more than ScottyDogg actually got with those two players around the other way.

1723380883454.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Bont slightly extended his narrow lead over Treloar. They both crept away from West who was goalless this week.

1723381310804.png

PIEMAN PUBLIC NOTICE: Rounds 23 and 24

I will be here for Round 23 and I hope to get the weekly results posted as normal on 18th August. However I will be away for Round 24 (25th August) so I will post the handicaps for the entire squad early that week and it'll be self-service that round. Results won't be posted until after I return which will probably be just before the first week of the finals. (Let's hope we are playing in them!)

Note that you can still PM me your private selections for Round 24 if you wish. I just might not be able to post them in this thread on the day.

The PIEMAN Round 23 v North Melbourne

Oh goody! Another must-win game against a bottom four side. Should be a breeze, eh? 😰

1723711123612.png

Pieman Handicaps

The players listed with lighter shading are on the extended bench. Three of them to be omitted and one to become the WB sub.
1723711170182.png

Pieman Substitutes

If any Pieman subs are required they will be applied in the following order:

Bontempelli​
Williams​
McNeil​
Richards​
Treloar​

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back