As far Richmond goes, if all goes well in 2008:
Foley (great, verging on top 20)
Deledio (very good)
Conners (good)
Morton, of the Mitch variety (good)
Tambling (good)
Thurstfield (good)
King (great)

Plus there will probably be a smokey like a Travis Casselry, Peterson or hopfully JON:eek: who improves from nowhere

From other lists (which people are likely not to include):
Schofield (Eagles) - looked good
Andrjeas Everitt (Dogs) - Just looks like he has the tools to be a great CHB
Mitch Clarke (Bris) - Will be a 100% superstar if he can just stay on the park
Rhan Hooper (Bris) - Showed at the end of last year just how good he might be
Luke Blackwell (Carlton) - Believe it or not I think this kid has the potential to must some of his much higher esteemed team mates
Jackson (Carlton) - See Blackwell

Hey just wondering peoples thoughts on Mustons i beleive it is??? from Hawthorn. Heard Permie Dermie talk about this kid on the radio, rated him as one of the best on Hawthorns list....
My cousin is a significant AFL figure, and he said to me at the start of 2006, after we had just drafted him, that (provided he recovered from his knee properly) we should be very, very happy to have snagged Muston at #22. Said he was an absolute gem.

Gibbs, Murphy and Walker will all become elite mids.

No, No and Nope. Gibbs is ok, but hasn't even showed he can destroy a game yet, Selwood has done so already with his ability to throw himself around, inspiring.

Gibbs can only dream of this.

Murphy, maybe. Like this guy, but has to put a more consistent effort in. Walker, nope. Not a hope. Give him another couple of years if he is lucky.

Guys who I think can get going:

Everitt
Hooper
Selwood (though he is already looking like a star)
Djerkurra (will get a run early in season)
Gamble (this kid has some freak ability)

Geelong - Hawkins & N Ablett set to make an impact

Port - Rate Boak very, very highly

WCE - Hurn ready to burn

Pies - Reid will show a bit and Clarke will be in their top 5 come year's end

Swans - no one stands out - sorry

Hawks - very even talented team; Boyle will show a bit up forward and be a great foil for Franklin

North - Wells will finally play consistent football, and because he is so talented, consistency will make 2008 the year he "emerges"

Essendon - Ryder and Wunderlich

Adelaide - Porplyzia the only shining light

Doggies - Higgins will really shine along with that young tall bloke that caught my eye - Tom ? (grew up playing soccer)

Carlton - Aisake O'Hailpin and Ryan Jackson will really surprise ;)

Fremantle - Warnock - will be in the top 3-4 ruckmen in the AFL in two year's time

Brisbane - Luenberger will make his mark

Saints - will make the GF this year, but no youngsters to really step-up big time

Demons - Sylvia will pull his finger out and live up to his potential, Bate will be even better next year

Tigers - Foley and King will be shining lights

Geelong - Hawkins & N Ablett set to make an impact

Port - Rate Boak very, very highly

WCE - Hurn ready to burn

Pies - Reid will show a bit and Clarke will be in their top 5 come year's end

Swans - no one stands out - sorry

Hawks - very even talented team; Boyle will show a bit up forward and be a great foil for Franklin

North - Wells will finally play consistent football, and because he is so talented, consistency will make 2008 the year he "emerges"

Essendon - Ryder and Wunderlich

Adelaide - Porplyzia the only shining light

Doggies -
Higgins will really shine along with that young tall bloke that caught my eye - Tom ? (grew up playing soccer)

Carlton - Aisake O'Hailpin and Ryan Jackson will really surprise ;)

Fremantle - Warnock - will be in the top 3-4 ruckmen in the AFL in two year's time

Brisbane - Luenberger will make his mark

Saints - will make the GF this year, but no youngsters to really step-up big time

Demons - Sylvia will pull his finger out and live up to his potential, Bate will be even better next year

Tigers - Foley and King will be shining lights

That young bloke from the dogs is Tom Williams and he was a rugby player:thumbsu:

although they will win the wooden spoon watch out for -leroy jetta i think he is going to be a star and Murphy will improve a lot this year

This boy

18929.jpg

Taken today. :thumbsu:

Next Ben Cousins (minus the drugs) '08 Brownlow roughie IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start a poll and see what neutrals say mate, no way would more than a few take Warnock over McIntosh, after the almost AA year he just had. He dominated and was next in line after Lade to take out that second ruck spot in the AA side, if you were recruiting the only ruckman you'd take over McIntosh right now would be Cox i'd think, Mack is young as hell and has shown he can dominate games in more than just ruck contests, when has Warnock done that to the extent McIntosh did?

Did you even read what I posted? You just replied to the exact opposite of what I was saying.

Try and get your head around the phrase "respective stages of development". Once you have, reread what I originally posted and then try and think really hard so you understand it.

This boy

18929.jpg

Taken today. :thumbsu:

Damn, he's a lot bulkier than I thought, may prove to be a dominant mid sooner than I had first though.

Three names that stand out for me: Didak, Thomas and Adcock.

Didak and Thomas (despite being built like my teenage sister) could very well take Collingwood one step further next year. In the '08 AA thread, I had them both in the starting 18.

Adcock by this time next year will be mentioned along side the very elite players in the game (Judd, Bartel, Kerr, etc).

As far as North goes, I once told one of my friends that within 5 years either Daniel Wells or Daniel Motlop would have a brownlow. I think this is year 4. So here's hoping (hoping it isn't Motlop, that would really piss me off :p). Honestly though, I've given up on Wellsy, just been waiting sooo long. As of next season, I'm jumping on Harris and Swallow. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Did you even read what I posted? You just replied to the exact opposite of what I was saying.

Try and get your head around the phrase "respective stages of development". Once you have, reread what I originally posted and then try and think really hard so you understand it.

I understand mate, I'm just letting you know that before you Freo people start labelling Warnock as the best young ruckman going around you have to realize that he is no where near McIntosh, and will have to do A LOT to get near him next year. That clear enough for you?

I spose as a chance to pump up ones teams tires, this shouldn't be let go.

Anyway, McLean, Jones, Sylvia, Bate for us.

Boak
Attard
Young
Edwards
Warnock
Griffen
Surjan
Deledio

Some of those are a bit different as Deledio could become a star whilst Young would be happy to develop into a very good, consistant winger.

On a Collingwood perspective - I rate Pendlebury more than Thomas however see Thomas having the greater room to develop. If he can put on some kg's and build a bigger engine then look out.

There are loads of others like Shaw and Clarke that I reckon will improve, but the number one that I can see becoming a super star next year is Didak.

Didak is a superstar. He doesn't need to prove it, but he will.

I'm going to say Chris Egan. I've had a go at him several times in the past for having a bad attitude, but he was a top 10 pick. Must deliver the goods next year.

I'm going to say Chris Egan. I've had a go at him several times in the past for having a bad attitude, but he was a top 10 pick. Must deliver the goods next year.
now there's a player I do not rate whatsoever
Might be the next Kane Tenace/Ricky Dyson... living off their 1st few games for 3 years

For my money, Deledio could have a big year. Has got talent, if Tiges manage to find a few good players to take a tag off him, Deledio might just rip a few matches apart

Also Gussy Monfries for the Dons, but I've been saying that for 3 years :D. Sitll hasn't moved into the middle, but when he does he'll rip it up

Yeah Didak is already a gun, evidenced with his AA spot in 2006, however I reckon he will take the next step in 2008 after a dissapointing 2007 through injury, to do an Ablett by moving from a dangerous small forward to an elite midfielder and one of the leagues premier players.

Egan may be able to cement a spot in the 18, but I was looking at which players will move from being very good players to top 10 in the competition. Egan won't. Others that may be able to make AA with a very good year would be H.Shaw, Thomas, Pendlebury and Cloke. Clarke should take another big step too.

Hey just wondering peoples thoughts on Mustons i beleive it is??? from Hawthorn. Heard Permie Dermie talk about this kid on the radio, rated him as one of the best on Hawthorns list.... Djukerra as well from Geelong i had him in my fantasy team after watching him in the NAB cup looked top notch... Theres must be a good selection panel down at geelong
I think Dermie said he thought Muston was the most talented on our list.

Spend last year getting his fitness levels up after basically missing 2 seasons with a leg injury.

Definately the X-Factor player on our list, and one to watch over this and next year.

I think Dermie said he thought Muston was the most talented on our list.

Spend last year getting his fitness levels up after basically missing 2 seasons with a leg injury.

Definately the X-Factor player on our list, and one to watch over this and next year.

I dont think that Dermie is the only one who thinks this kid has something special. I believe Crawford said he can kick a country mile and would run through brick walls for his team mates. They sure are building the fella up. But if Crawf has seen what this kid can do on the track, he could be anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

The players who will take the next step

Remove this Banner Ad

Back