The Port Power Offseason Lolz thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No the individual cannot "press charges". The individual can make accusations and the state lays charges, and the state can face compensation claims for false charges. The person making the accusations can face perjury charges.

You also cannot "drop charges" after a payment as you claimed. Only the state can dismiss charges.

Heard of a civil case genius? That's why the money was paid. Surely if you were innocent, you wouldn't have a problem defending yourself if you told the truth right?

It's exactly why the charges were dropped. There was a gag order put in the conditions of the payout..... Geez you are playing this badly.......

You seem very confused with the difference between criminal and civil law. Maybe you should study up, go back and read your posts and slink away in embarrassment.

Heard of a civil case genius? That's why the money was paid. Surely if you were innocent, you wouldn't have a problem defending yourself if you told the truth right?

He said the criminal charges never went ahead due to a pay out. I corrected him. Do try to keep up.

You seem very confused with the difference between criminal and civil law. Maybe you should study up, go back and read your posts and slink away in embarrassment.

Criminal case can't proceed is the witness won't testify. That's why there is a gag order when payouts are given.

Or is the cause anf effect too complex a concept for you to processs.

Again, slowly this time .... no lead witness..... therefore no criminal case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like he is to me

Runaway now Lemmings

nintendo-snes-lemmings.jpg

lemmings.png

I must have a short memory as I have know idea what you're talking about - or you're just making crap up!!

Why do I get a feeling that some crowies have targetted this thread for derailment and locking down due to how badly the topic has backfired.

Viva le offseason:thumbsu:
So you can't remember "trying to " "distance yourself" or " drawing attention to Crows history "

Rite :rolleyes:

Criminal case can't proceed if the witness won't testify. That's why there is a gag order when payouts are given.

Or is the cause and effect too complex a concept for you to processs.

Very, very wrong and extremely ignorant of the law.

If someone has made a signed accusation the state is obliged to investigate. If the DPP decides to lay charges the defendant cannot pay off the accuser and have the criminal charges dropped (as asserted by footy4ever).

If the accuser is aubpoenaed to testify they must testify and if they refuse they can be charged with contempt or if the change their story from the initial signed accusation they can be charged with perjury.

But this all came about from idiotic claims by footy4ever when he claimed that there was no conviction because there was a payout. (remember you get convicted in the criminal court and not the civil court)

Was someone convicted of rape?

No, but only because $200K (admitted to by Poort) was paid to the victim.

Do you actually believe that money can stop a criminal charge from proceeding? Are you that stupid?

OK I'll explain it to you crow supporting fools once again "money can not stop a criminal charge from proceeding" as once the investigation has begun only the state can drop the charges. The accuser cannot drop the charges.

There has to be at least one crowie out there that knows I am correct and that his fellow supporters are enormous ignoramuses. If so feel free to correct them and assist them with the basics of life.

Criminal case can't proceed is the witness won't testify. That's why there is a gag order when payouts are given.

Bzzzzzzt wrong!!

Tell me then. With no physical evidence an entire case relies on testimony. If there is a gag order there is no testimony. If prosecution is not likely they will drop the case.

Whoaaa, ease up little fella and stop changing the rules. I was referring to your first post (as above) where no mention was made of physical evidence. Just admit that your "Criminial case can't proceed ....." statement was ill inormed from you and we will move on.

Crows off season Lolz rock!

Tell me then. With no physical evidence an entire case relies on testimony. If there is a gag order there is no testimony. If prosecution is not likely they will drop the case.

That is not what was being corrected. This is what was being corrected.

Criminal case can't proceed is the witness won't testify.

That is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back