Bestbird

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
It seems that most posters from other clubs on these boards seem to think that Judd will only name one prefered club so they can offer substancially less than market value in a trade

Is it just me or is more than likely that Judds manager will talk to all Melbourne based clubs that are interested. Offer to Judd what they have put on the table as a sales pitch and then once he has listed clubs that he is willing to play for.

It then becomes an open market to the highest bidder amongst those clubs

Judd has enough integrity that he wouldn't hardball us. Likely his preferred options would be Coll, Mel.

WC preferred would be the best draft picks - Carlton - but Judd would have doubts because of their last 5 years.

Won't go
North (Relocating)
Hawthorn (Too much partying)
Richmond (Terry Wallace)
Geelong (Hicksville)
Essendon (no coach, unknown list)
StKilda (Salary Cap)
Bulldogs (soft)

all the talk on radio/tv is that Judd is likely to nominate Collingwood, Carlton or Melbourne.....Carro seemed pretty certain that Judd will tell the WCE the one club he wants to go to and stay true to that

if thats the case i'm hoping its Collingwood...hypothetically if push comes to shove would WCE settle for a deal from Collingwood that is not the equivalent of what Carlton could offer? otherwise let Judd go to Richmond for nothing

all the talk on radio/tv is that Judd is likely to nominate Collingwood, Carlton or Melbourne.....Carro seemed pretty certain that Judd will tell the WCE the one club he wants to go to and stay true to that

if thats the case i'm hoping its Collingwood...hypothetically if push comes to shove would WCE settle for a deal from Collingwood that is not the equivalent of what Carlton could offer? otherwise let Judd go to Richmond for nothing

A fair deal I'd take, even if it is below market value. But not a deal that will rip us off. Davis + pick 14 is NOT acceptable, and I'd rather see Judd thrown into the PSD.

I totally agree with what Port did with Nick Stevens. Let one player go cheap and others will soon follow.

A fair deal I'd take, even if it is below market value. But not a deal that will rip us off. Davis + pick 14 is NOT acceptable, and I'd rather see Judd thrown into the PSD.

I totally agree with what Port did with Nick Stevens. Let one player go cheap and others will soon follow.

a trade i was thinking of that would be 'fair' is Nathan Brown (KPP, brother of Mitch taken pick 10 last year), Leon Davis (small forward/midfielder) and pick 14

hypothetically if it was that or PSD would that be 'fair'?

Well it seems like his 4 clubs are Melbourne, Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon.

I've had a look at each clubs list and there are a few blokes I would like at WCE.

Maybe Melbournes first pick, Aaron Davey and Michael Newtown??
Essendons first pick and Gumbleton and Lovett??

Juddy just better do the right thing and choose Carlton.

Thats the only way I won't feel ripped off because will get something good in return.

If he out and out wants to go to Collingwood then we could get jipped.

Eagles are going to get screwed over no matter what unless he goes to Carlton, which is unlikely.

The best that we can hope for is whoever we get actually wants to play for us, and to be part of our team.

Judd never wanted to be here, and as good as he's been for him/us, we're better off with someone who either comes from here, or is prepared to make WA home. Like Braun. And Gilly.

Wirra came over here when he was 16.

and his Mum has been really sick over the years...thank god he wasn't a Mummys boy.

Same with Brauny...but as if you could ever questions Braunys dedication to the Eagles

That Paul Johnson at Melbourne would be a good trade, I could see him in Eagles colours. Or that Andrew McDougall from Western Bulldogs goes a bit.

Or as a third ruckman has anyone considered Michael Gardiner from St Kilda?

Geez, but you're so funny and witty and sh!t :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be staggered if Collingwood bothered offering anything like that. That would just be an insult and would be utterly counterproductive IMO. A lot of rubbish gets talked about Collingwood trying to dud other clubs on trades, but I doubt they're anywhere near as obstinate/unrealistic as they're made out to be.

I can't see any deal for Collingwood that doesn't in some way involve Didak (or his equivalent in draft picks) and our first-rounder.

if the eagles trade him to the pies ill be disgusted, because if they do its so obvious they will be ripped off big time..........the safer option for the eagles would be the dees or blues but you can just tell that juddy's preferred club will be the pies cos they are the best performed out of the four and have the best chance of a winning a flag........couldn't think of anything worse than seeing juddy running around in a pies jumper, ill lose all respect for the guy if it is the case

Personally I think Melbourne would be a reasonable outcome. They've got an early pick (#4), have a few players to trade for another 1st round pick and are the club he supported as a kid.

I'd hate to see him at Carlton or Collingwood purely for the fact that I'd have to hate him. Always loved watching Juddy at WC, however that would all change if he ended up with the cheaters or the filth.

It's been in the Melbourne papers this morning that St.Kilda will go hard for him (I'd be going hard too if we got him) but I'm not sure that we could offer much in return. We'd have to trade up in the draft (letting Maguire go would be very painful to get a top 5 pick) and while we will have room in the cap with a number of retirements (& possible trading a top 10 player), I think the board upheaval won't help the cause.

Good luck to the eagles in getting their just return... it's scary that you look like adding two of the best kids to the best list in the AFL. It might be worth re-building for a few years while the Eagles & cats dominate!

Juddy just better do the right thing and choose Carlton.

Thats the only way I won't feel ripped off because will get something good in return.

If he out and out wants to go to Collingwood then we could get jipped.

just curious as to what you carlton will actually offer for Judd which will make you feel not ripped off?

we have already said that pick 1 is off the table.

Eagles are going to get screwed over no matter what unless he goes to Carlton, which is unlikely.

The best that we can hope for is whoever we get actually wants to play for us, and to be part of our team.

Judd never wanted to be here, and as good as he's been for him/us, we're better off with someone who either comes from here, or is prepared to make WA home. Like Braun. And Gilly.

Would you guys accept

West Coast gets picks 3 & 5
Western Bulldogs get Fevola
Carlton gets Judd and player from DOGS (GIA or someone like that)

I hope he has more than one favourite. If he nominates one club (say Collingwood for example), and they try and screw us - send the ****er to Richmond in the PDS. It's just a pity Port or Adelaide didn't win the spoon.

One important point is that Judd can nominate whatever club he likes but that's not necessarily a guarantee he will get there. If I was WCE list managers I would be trying to broker a deal to benefit the club first and foremost.....if that happens to satisfy Juddy's criteria then added bonus.

FWIW - I think Carlton will offer Picks 3, 20 and Josh Kennedy (and possibly Paul Bower). Not sure how this will go although does give WCE the option of taking Morton with Pick 3.

i'm obviously a melbourne supporter. i dont think we've much chance of getting Judd as hes likely to name Collingwood...
But a hypothetical, Melbourne could trade a Davey for instance to the dons for pick 6 , or a decent midfielder or robbo to the dogs for pick 7 (i think theyve got 7 , may be wrong)
Then we could offer you guys, 4 , 6or7, and if your not happy with that someone like young Chris Johnson whos from WA also?
Just a thought as you blokes seem to want him to go to us if you cant get carltons 1 or 3...

Remove this Banner Ad

The preferred option question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back