The preferred option question

Remove this Banner Ad

All you people saying judd has no right to chose his prefferd club are all insane...
He is out of contract so he can put a massive price on his head in the PSD and hope that no other team are willing to pay that amount apart from his prefferd club.
I know it is a risk but if he puts a price of 1.6mil or so he could sign on then have some sort of agreement to re-negotiate a new contract at the end of 2008 and take in account the extra cash he got in the season so he wouldnt get picked up by another club.

Richmond will clear the salary cap for him don't worry about that. Richmond won't be just getting a player they are getting a brand. Membership will sky rocket, Sponsorship will sky rocket. Richmond will not pass up the opportunity.

All you people saying judd has no right to chose his prefferd club are all insane...
He is out of contract so he can put a massive price on his head in the PSD and hope that no other team are willing to pay that amount apart from his prefferd club.
I know it is a risk but if he puts a price of 1.6mil or so he could sign on then have some sort of agreement to re-negotiate a new contract at the end of 2008 and take in account the extra cash he got in the season so he wouldnt get picked up by another club.

Lucky for us Richmond get first PSD pick and Judd has already turned down an interview with them. So we are almost certainly now going to get a good trade. And its JUDD so whose going to tempt fate by under valueing him and risk not getting him in trade week.

I reckon the worst possible scenario involves Judd nominating Collingwood exclusively.

On top of the fact that we'd all hate to see him play for Collingwood, I believe they are in the worst position to satisfy our needs.

Their first pick will be #15. There's talk of them securing something top 10 by trading Didak, but I'll believe it when I see it.

At the moment, the Pies are unable to offer us a top 10 pick and won't put any quality players on the table. If anyone can think of a Collingwood player that would make our best 22 and would possibly be offered up, I'd like to hear it.

Forget about Thomas and Pendlebury. The Pies will offer Davis or Egan and pick 15. They need to get a top 10 pick to make a decent offer, and failing that, I'd rather lose him for nothing than let him go to Collingwood for a bargain.

The one team I hope Judd doesn't go to... The pies. They will definately try and stinge us out of a fair deal.

Send him to Carlton or Essendon and bring us Picks or WA boys.

I'd rather lose him for nothing than let him go to Collingwood for a bargain.

As i've said if he comes back with one club exclusevily than he is running a big risk. Particularly if that one club is Collingwood and given their history of (attempting to and succesfully) stinging teams in trades.

Regardless of which team it was, I'd rather lose him for nothing than only get 80/85% of what he is worth. The club should be doing, and will be doing, everything it can to get 100% or more, or as close to it as reasonable.

As i've said if he comes back with one club exclusevily than he is running a big risk. Particularly if that one club is Collingwood and given their history of (attempting to and succesfully) stinging teams in trades.

Regardless of which team it was, I'd rather lose him for nothing than only get 80/85% of what he is worth. The club should be doing, and will be doing, everything it can to get 100% or more, or as close to it as reasonable.
At least with Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne we know there's a top 10 pick on the table.

At this stage, I can't see Collingwood going better than picks 3, 4 or 6.

What could they offer? Pick 15 and ... ?

Leon Davis? Chris Egan?

Collingwood are definitely going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to come up with a satisfactory package.

However, if they can trump everyone else and come up with the best deal we shouldn't refuse to deal with them just because it's Collingwood.

Even though he hasn't played much at AFL level Ben Reid may interest our club. Seem to remember he was rated pretty highly last year and didn't look out of place in a game I saw this year.

The team that probably has the most to offer as far as WA talent that would interest us most is the Lions by far. Leuenberger, Clark and Black all of them would offer something to our team. Do you reckon they'd relocate back to Melbourne if Judd was going to play for them?;)

I would be staggered if Collingwood bothered offering anything like that. That would just be an insult and would be utterly counterproductive IMO. A lot of rubbish gets talked about Collingwood trying to dud other clubs on trades, but I doubt they're anywhere near as obstinate/unrealistic as they're made out to be.

I can't see any deal for Collingwood that doesn't in some way involve Didak (or his equivalent in draft picks) and our first-rounder.

Yes thats why they have been so sucessful in drafting big Fraser and Nick Stevens. They tried to screw the club over and got nothing. They try and do the same and Richmond will have a new superstar!

Guarrantee one thing.If Collingwood get involved the whole thing will turn into a joke.
You know the drill,"oh we really think Egan and Richards can play,we will give you them and a third rounder"
I don't like where this is heading for the Eagles,trading is a pretty shrewd business these days,not like when everyone owned Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Didak doesn't move then Collingwood's best offer could be something like Davis (who has had a career best season spending time in the middle), pick #14 and one of our top 10 picks from last year Ben Reid or Nathan Brown

You could have pick 1, 2 & 3. West Coast will NEVER trade with Collingwood. You will not get Judd, they will not trade with Collingwood despite whatever Mr Judd wants. Collingwood have NO CHANCE!

You could have pick 1, 2 & 3. West Coast will NEVER trade with Collingwood. You will not get Judd, they will not trade with Collingwood despite whatever Mr Judd wants. Collingwood have NO CHANCE!

More so since Collingwood wanted our 1st round draft pick and one of OUR best young players for Tarrant last year.

It would be pretty insulting to the club if Collingwood offered a similar deal for Judd.

At least we were ethical when Stenglien (12 & 26) and Chick (8) wanted to return back to W.A

More so since Collingwood wanted our 1st round draft pick and one of OUR best young players Tarrant last year.

It would be pretty insulting to the club if Collingwood offered a similar deal for Judd.

At least we were ethical when Stenglien (12 & 26) and Chick (8) wanted to return back to W.A

Exactly, Collingwood's poor trading offers will firmly bite them on the arse, WCE will not even entertain these clowns.

The other issue is WCE are wise enough to not trade to a club whose premiership window is open at the same time. Someone like Carlton and Richmond who aren't expected to challenge in the short term will have a better chance.

First rule: Never say never.....;)

Guarrantee one thing.If Collingwood get involved the whole thing will turn into a joke.
You know the drill,"oh we really think Egan and Richards can play,we will give you them and a third rounder"
I don't like where this is heading for the Eagles,trading is a pretty shrewd business these days,not like when everyone owned Freo.
Gotta love people who think (club's BF posters = club's recruiting team). :rolleyes:

Getting interesting, Trev expects Judd to nominate more than one club (I'm not sure that's what Judd said). If he (Judd) is serious about wanting to do the righty by the Eagles then he needs to nominate more than one club, somehow I don't think he's going to do that though.

If he only nominates one club, say Collingwood, and they try to screw us over then I reckon it's off to Richmond.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22447685-2722,00.html

WEST COAST wants outgoing captain Chris Judd to give it more than one option when he nominates his preferred new destination.
The former Eagles captain arrived in Melbourne last night and will meet four clubs over the next few days.
Talks between Judd and his agent Paul Connors have been scheduled with Carlton and Melbourne tomorrow, and Essendon on the weekend. They will talk to Collingwood as soon as the Magpies end their finals campaign.
West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett said the Eagles needed two to three options from Judd, and they expect a decision by next week.
"We require several options, otherwise it could become difficult," Nisbett said. "If it's only one option, one club, that could make it extremely tough for us to assist him.
"It's a matter of him talking to clubs and then him indicating to us his preferred options, not just one option.
"Then we will field offers."
Nisbett said the Eagles remained open to the makeup of the offers from rival clubs.
"It might be draft picks, it could be players or it could be a combination of picks and players," he said.
"Chris needs to meet a number of clubs and we need a firm commitment from one club. We'd be hoping to get something done early in trade week.
"It's not a matter of what we want, it's a matter of what people are prepared to trade for the best player in the country."
Nisbett conceded that most scenarios were hypothetical. "Carlton says they won't deal with the first pick, and Richmond says they're reluctant to use the second selection for Judd," he said. "It doesn't mean it's gospel. I don't believe everything is set in concrete.
"We will do the best we can for our business."
Collingwood appears to be making most of the running to attract the homesick Judd because it plays more games at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, which is an attraction to the 2004 Brownlow medallist.
Of the lure of playing more games at the MCG, including more blockbusters, Connors said: "It's not the be-all and end-all. But it's a factor."
The fixture for 2008 has not been released, but it will be similar to this year's where the high-drawing Magpies played 15 games at the MCG, at least three more than any other club.
Judd has privately acknowledged that the MCG has appeal because of its status as the home of football. Collingwood also plays more blockbusters at the MCG than any other club, notably on Anzac Day, and is in a position to become a consistent finalist following its top-four status this season.
"Collingwood is not in the driver's seat unless it is prepared to do deals," Nisbett said. "The difficulty is that Collingwood will finish a long way up the ladder."
By finishing in the top four, the Magpies' best possible draft selection would be No.14.
"Now if they came to us and said you can have Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas, that would be a different scenario," Nisbett said.
Melbourne, which believes it is right in the mix, played 12 games at the MCG in 2007. Carlton is a Telstra Dome tenant but this year played eight games at the MCG, the same as Essendon.
Both Nisbett and Connors yesterday said they hoped a deal would be clinched within the next three weeks.
If the Eagles are not satisfied with a suitable trade, then Judd would remain out of contract and be available to Richmond, which has first choice in the pre-season draft in December.
"I don't think it will get to that," Nisbett said. "We are prepared to trade and we'll fulfil that. Chris Judd is a reasonable person."
Meanwhile, Eagles premiership player Rowan Jones yesterday announced his retirement, and team-mate Daniel Chick has played his last game for West Coast as his contract will not be renewed

Believe me, not getting Judd is no big deal. Picks 1 and 3 in the draft are more than enough to keep us happy. :)

You are kidding your self dude you guys really do talk alot of shyte , seriously you would all yes ALL of you in Victoria would be tossing your selves just on the fact that he wants to come back home.

I reckon the worst possible scenario involves Judd nominating Collingwood exclusively.

On top of the fact that we'd all hate to see him play for Collingwood, I believe they are in the worst position to satisfy our needs.

Their first pick will be #15. There's talk of them securing something top 10 by trading Didak, but I'll believe it when I see it.

At the moment, the Pies are unable to offer us a top 10 pick and won't put any quality players on the table. If anyone can think of a Collingwood player that would make our best 22 and would possibly be offered up, I'd like to hear it.

Forget about Thomas and Pendlebury. The Pies will offer Davis or Egan and pick 15. They need to get a top 10 pick to make a decent offer, and failing that, I'd rather lose him for nothing than let him go to Collingwood for a bargain.

I'd be staggered if the Pies offer Davis/Egan and #15 for Judd. That would be insulting and would do nothing but provoke WC into sending him into the PSD. Tell me how that's in anyone's best interests? No, if Judd wants to go to Collingwood, we'll offer something much more substantive than that. Otherwise, there's no point even getting involved.

The talk -- which through constant repetition is taken as fact on BF -- about Collingwood being miserly traders is way overstated. What's it based on?

I can't see Collingwood getting the deal done without involving Didak. Didak (or whatever we can get for him) plus our first-rounder. We might add someone like Davis to the deal as a sweetener. Alternatively, they might be able to upgrade our first-rounder. Dunno.

That's a far more realistic trade scenario if we were Judd's preferred destination.

To be honest IMO Thomas or Pendlebury alone is not enough they are good quality kids but they are not a Chris Judd in actual fact not even close ATM.

Remove this Banner Ad

The preferred option question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back