The preferred option question

Remove this Banner Ad

Settle, petal. I'm sure Dalts and Trev will consult you all on BF before accepting their "preferred option" anyway.

They bloody better.

I want to see players we recieve partners, make sure they are better than Twigs you know..... :cool:

Once again I must have a different opinion to most other eagles members, my preferred option would be to trade with Essendon.

Most media and experts think that our forward line needs a lot of improvement, however I think one of our big issues this year has been teams kicking goals against us in large bunches, we saw that against Essendon late in the season, St.Kilda at Telstra (in 1st quarter) and in performance against Lions and Power. Outside the obvious Rock of Glibraltor in Darren Glass and Bones, players like Hunter, Nicoski and Wirra have been disgracefully unaccountable in many games this year.

Hence, I think its important we focus on recruiting some other good young talls, ie. Patrick Ryder and Scott Gumbleton. Yes, agreed both have yet to prove themselves over a 22 round season, however Ryder was very good early last year, I just dont think his body has held up for an entire season yet but watch out when it does and most good eyes for talent know gumbleton is going to be something special.

Therefore I would put this offer on the table:

Judd + Wirra ----- Gumbleton + Ryder + 2nd round draft pick.

*Wirra I think is getting close to the end of his tenure with the club, we already have good small forward talent (frenchy "le cras", armstrong etc) and his accountability over the last few years has been disgraceful, players like Leon Davis and Nathan Brown have killed him in recent memory. He is definately disposable.

*Recruiting Ryder and Gumbleton also would allow Hunter to be released up forward on a permanent basis where I believe he played his junior football and can provide a good foil for the Big Q.

*The idea of trading for Fevola is not a great idea at all. I am a massive fan of the Fevolution and have frequently gone to non-eagles match to watch him play. However, its important we build our club around players that are committed to the team and are committed to the future. Fevola doesn't fit this criteria and most blues fans would agree he has a "pea heart" and goes missing when times get hard. He is also just sorting things out with his marriage and has just started his new restaurant venture, any move to WA would be forced rather than his desire.

Bottom line is we have enough high quality mids and I think with the move of Hunter up forward with Lynch, Frenchy and a fit Hanson will see enough goals being kicker. However, we need to improve our accountability down back and assist Captain Glass in curbing the great tall forwards in the comp - Ryder and Gumbleton could be our future.

According to 3AW tonight, Melbourne has firmed as favourites.Gary Lyon has been doing some very sweet talking apparently.
There is no way in hell that Buddy will be on the table. The Hawk fans would rebel, a poll was taken about him leaving, and 96% said NO to Judd, if we had to lose Buddy. There would be no supporters left at the Hawks if they traded him to WC...His family is in Melbourne, and they love it over here, and so does Buddy..He won't leave!!
Personally I don't want to see Buddy go, would rather have him than Judd..

i would like to see him at the Dees. would hate him at carlton (it would be a total waste of a gun talent) and there no way the pies will give up any of our good youth after years of poor recruiting and finally getting a good structure in place. the word in the melbourne media is that juddy will not let the eagles be shafted in the deal

Judd + Wirra ----- Gumbleton + Ryder + 2nd round draft pick.

:eek:

That is ridiculous. You'll be lucky for Essendon to offer you one of those two - absolutely no chance of them offering both. Why have Wirra in a deal? Essendon will be rebuilding - last thing they need is a player reaching the end of his career.

Judd has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to request a club. The nerve of the guy to walk out and then demand where he goes.

If he has made this so called decision to return based purely on family and not football he shouldn't give a rats arse what team he plays for in Victoria!

He will go where WC can get the best deal but we all know that won't happen because Judd is chasing $$$$.

Judd has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to request a club. The nerve of the guy to walk out and then demand where he goes.

If he has made this so called decision to return based purely on family and not football he shouldn't give a rats arse what team he plays for in Victoria!

He will go where WC can get the best deal!

Whilst I agree it is pretty doggish if Judd says one club or nothing, WC cannot force him to go to a club he doesn't want to. The last thing they'd want is for him to walk into the PSD.

Whilst I agree it is pretty doggish if Judd says one club or nothing, WC cannot force him to go to a club he doesn't want to. The last thing they'd want is for him to walk into the PSD.

West Coast are no dummies when it comes to trading, they aren't the dockers who as we know shouldn't be allowed to trade cards with kids let alone players. They won't be bent over by Judd or any club!

If he does pick a club i am certain it won't be Carlton. After all the amount of times he's said money isn't everything. So suck it all you Carlton supporters acting like your the only team in the race. Besides cash whats Carlton got to offer. Shit facilities, shit coach, shit team, shit supporters, shit home ground. Maybe a good toilet that can take all this SHIT.

If he does pick a club i am certain it won't be Carlton. After all the amount of times he's said money isn't everything. So suck it all you Carlton supporters acting like your the only team in the race. Besides cash whats Carlton got to offer. Shit facilities, shit coach, shit team, shit supporters, shit home ground. Maybe a good toilet that can take all this SHIT.

Believe me, not getting Judd is no big deal. Picks 1 and 3 in the draft are more than enough to keep us happy. :)

If he does pick a club i am certain it won't be Carlton. After all the amount of times he's said money isn't everything. So suck it all you Carlton supporters acting like your the only team in the race. Besides cash whats Carlton got to offer. Shit facilities, shit coach, shit team, shit supporters, shit home ground. Maybe a good toilet that can take all this SHIT.​

GOLD! hahahahahahahaha

No need to get all upset about it, Carlton have a right to think that have a chance after all they hold the best picks even if they their supporters don't want to give them up.

End of the day I don't give a rats where the turncoat goes, I just want the best deal for WC and it really grates on me that this Juddas has the nerve to say, "this is where I want to go."

Where you want to go Mr Judd is Victoria! We will get you there but you’re going to the team with the best offer. If you have any integrity or honour (which I might add you are losing as each day goes by) you won't name any team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to get all upset about it, Carlton have a right to think that have a chance after all they hold the best picks even if they their supports don't want to give them up.

End of the day I don't give a rats where the turncoat goes, I just want the best deal for WC and it really grates on me that this Juddas has the nerve to say, "this is where I want to go."

Where you want to go Mr Judd is Victoria! We will get you there but you’re going to the team with the best offer. If you have any integrity or honour (which I might add you are losing as each day goes by) you won't name any team!

I am not getting angry just stating a fact. Carlton is shit.

Believe me, not getting Judd is no big deal. Picks 1 and 3 in the draft are more than enough to keep us happy. :)

Pick 1 and 3 is just a like a ticket in this weeks lottery.

You blokes should know that, you have had quite a few low picks and it hasn't got you off the bottom so far. Low picks doesn't mean great players, even last year it turns out that pick 7 is miles in front of pick 1!

Judd on the other hand is like being told the six winning numbers in tattslotto before the draw.

I know which one I would rather have! :thumbsu:

Pick 1 and 3 is just a like a ticket in this weeks lottery.

You blokes should know that, you have had quite a few low picks and it hasn't got you off the bottom so far. Low picks doesn't mean great players, even last year it turns out that pick 7 is miles in front of pick 1!

Judd on the other hand is like being told the six winning numbers in tattslotto before the draw.

I know which one I would rather have! :thumbsu:

Not these days i don't think. The screening process has been refined and now proven and its rare to see a huge mistake like Sampi. They account for everything. But yeah your right i would rather have Judd than a number 1 draft especially where West Coast is currently in terms of age of its players.

Not these days i don't think. The screening process has been refined and now proven and its rare to see a huge mistake like Sampi. They account for everything. But yeah your right i would rather have Judd than a number 1 draft especially where West Coast is currently in terms of age of its players.

Plenty of duds in the last few years. Go look through the AFL drafts and see how many are playing regular games with their sides!

Collingwood: Pendlebury + Thomas + first rounder
Carlton: Picks 1 + 3 + Gibbs\ Waite
Essendon: Ryder\Alwyn Davey + Gumbleton + first rounder
Melbourne: Mclean + N.Jones + Pick 4
Hawthorn: Buddy
Richmond: Deledio + Foley + Pick 2

Collingwood: Pendlebury + Thomas + first rounder
Carlton: Picks 1 + 3 + Gibbs\ Waite
Essendon: Ryder\Alwyn Davey + Gumbleton + first rounder
Melbourne: Mclean + N.Jones + Pick 4
Hawthorn: Buddy
Richmond: Deledio + Foley + Pick 2

Good luck with those, mate. :thumbsu: Expect to be very disappointed come trade week.

West Coast are no dummies when it comes to trading, they aren't the dockers who as we know shouldn't be allowed to trade cards with kids let alone players. They won't be bent over by Judd or any club!

I agree that West Coast are pretty astute when it comes to doing trades and aren't likely to get bent over.

However, my understanding is they enjoy a solid reputation amongst the AFL clubs when it comes to trades because they don't bend clubs over either.

I'm confident that they will strike a deal that is fair to all parties.

All you people saying judd has no right to chose his prefferd club are all insane...
He is out of contract so he can put a massive price on his head in the PSD and hope that no other team are willing to pay that amount apart from his prefferd club.
I know it is a risk but if he puts a price of 1.6mil or so he could sign on then have some sort of agreement to re-negotiate a new contract at the end of 2008 and take in account the extra cash he got in the season so he wouldnt get picked up by another club.

All you people saying judd has no right to chose his prefferd club are all insane...
He is out of contract so he can put a massive price on his head in the PSD and hope that no other team are willing to pay that amount apart from his prefferd club.
I know it is a risk but if he puts a price of 1.6mil or so he could sign on then have some sort of agreement to re-negotiate a new contract at the end of 2008 and take in account the extra cash he got in the season so he wouldnt get picked up by another club.

Big risk to take!

Remove this Banner Ad

The preferred option question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back