Club Legend
May 16, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I'm really starting to smell a rat.
The places it's been so far, the reports I'm getting is that there doesn't seem to be to much security for something so valuable.
I notice that you can buy full size replica cups for $1000 (which I don't agree to the principle of).
On the Port Phillip Ferries website they refer to it as the "Morris Premiership Cup".
The cup that everyone has been holding has Geelong engraved on it, however yesterday on Instagram Emma Hawkins showed a photo of their son Henry sitting inside a cup with Geelong "not" engraved on it.
I'm just a bit concerned that the cup everyone is being photographed with is actually the real thing.
I suppose it wouldn't be too much wrong. Only if they making people pay to hold it, then they could be up for fraud.

I took a pic with it at Unley Oval when the ladies lost to the Crows. I don’t know if that was even real if honest. Probably not and arguably shouldn’t be

A few things that may be worth noting:

- The 'Premiership Cup Tour' is sponsored by Morris Personnel: In partnership with Morris Personal, we’re excited to launch the 2022 Premiership Cup Tour. Cats members and supporters will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the prestigious Cup.

- The photo posted by Emma looks to be from before the cup was engraved. It has all the details and says, "Won By ___", which is the same as the photos from the first week after the premiership when the club was doing their various celebrations such as family day, parade etc,

1667826871015.png

1667826966981.png

It's highly likely that the Premiership Cup spent a night at the Hawkins farm which is when the photo was taken, because we know the Cup spent at least one night at the home of Selwood - so why wouldn't a few of the other players have that same opportunity?

If the Club was using a replica for the public photos then it would come to light pretty quickly

I'm just a bit concerned that the cup everyone is being photographed with is actually the real thing.
I'm not - I think there are bigger things to be concerned about in both footy and the world

In this day and age it wouldn’t be too much to ask to have the cup engraved before it gets presented

In soccer you literally see the engraving happening on the sidelines before presentation

I'm really starting to smell a rat.
The places it's been so far, the reports I'm getting is that there doesn't seem to be to much security for something so valuable.
I notice that you can buy full size replica cups for $1000 (which I don't agree to the principle of).
On the Port Phillip Ferries website they refer to it as the "Morris Premiership Cup".
The cup that everyone has been holding has Geelong engraved on it, however yesterday on Instagram Emma Hawkins showed a photo of their son Henry sitting inside a cup with Geelong "not" engraved on it.
I suppose it wouldn't be too much wrong. Only if they making people pay to hold it, then they could be up for fraud.
Wouldn’t surprise me
Pretty sure the one they tour around the country in the lead up to GF is a replica too

Well I saw it today in all it’s glory at Docklands. The staff there assured me it’s the real McCoy!
Apparently going around interstate in the new year as well.

Well I saw it today in all it’s glory at Docklands. The staff there assured me it’s the real McCoy!
Apparently going around interstate in the new year as well.
I thank you for letting me know that the picture I got a few weeks ago was not fake. Although I am surprised, it wasn’t stolen since it was in the home of Sturt Double Blues

Word around the traps is that one of Jeremy Cameron's cattle, a cow guru if you will, not only made off with his Premiership medal, but the actual Premiership Cup as well. What has been touring ever since is a hastily procured replica.

Something's going on in the fields...

Word around the traps is that one of Jeremy Cameron's cattle, a cow guru if you will, not only made off with his Premiership medal, but the actual Premiership Cup as well. What has been touring ever since is a hastily procured replica.

Something's going on in the fields...

one of my favorite songs :laughv1:

When is it in LA?

I need photos dammit too!

I pay my bloody reserved seat membership.....

Send me the effing cup!

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not - I think there are bigger things to be concerned about in both footy and the world
There are bigger things, which is exactly why I love these kind of conspiracy theories. Anything to distract from the burning chaos that is this world lmao.

Please send the cup up to Queensland so I can steal it. Cough. I mean get a photo with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

The premiership cup tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back