Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

The blind faith in everything from board to boot studder is concerning.

Its healthy to challenge. If we have the right leadership at each level - Board. Admin.Footy dept. Coaching. Players - then we all have nothing to worry about.

However it is obvious to all that for almost two decades we have lacked that strong modern leadership at all those levels. Hence why we are questioning and challenging each other as passionate and invested ( financially as a sponsor in my case out of my own pocket) carlton people. This is healthy debate.

In relation to Judd debate, how is this acceptable:
https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/chris-judd-opens-up-on-his-mentorship-of-zach-merrett

Both Fisher and Dow have come out this year advising of their lack of Judd contact?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/em...s/news-story/76a8a2ca4822344af84ecab1e3115a69

Dow article is behind Herald Sun paywall from 2 days ago. Just Google it.

Both these guys Judd should be mentoring and actively seeking out as there improvement is what will drive us forward.
In addition I'd say our coaching team could do with all the help they can get!

Anyone know why this is not happening from a supposed club leader?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Directors need to separate themselves from the departments they are directing?

I for one asked for a full rebuild when completing the member survey - didn't want short cuts. Personally happy to wait for as long as it takes.

The focus on GWS is because they have held so many highly rated players and there have been more of those guys that have actually wanted to be at Carlton.

MLG has been quite clear all along - they are building for sustained success.
I would like to see SOS look further afield than GWS for our rebuild strategy.

Every player he has acquired via that GWS trade has question marks. Pickett. Marchy are talented but injury prone. Plowman is solid at best no star. Lamb most fluctuate in opinion depending on week. Phillip's injury prone. Kennedy injury prone and unknown at the moment. It's a high risk high reward strategy.

For me we watch and wait. For Bolton like a plethora of similar coaches in similar position, as time goes on he becomes more vulnerable (Primus, McCartney, Neeld, Harvey, Waters - all development first that didnt last long than 2-3yrs).

We need a different approach if bolton's to buck the historical trend

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The club doesn't have to list every transaction.

Can you find the receipt where Con the fruiterer got paid for his apple delivery?

But where is your evidence it actually occurred, or how do you know? You can't just make stuff up on a forum.

The club doesn't have to list every transaction.

Can you find the receipt where Con the fruiterer got paid for his apple delivery?

No but Con the fruiterer is not on the board, nor mentioned anywhere else

Yet Judd, is mentioned

TBH, I have no issue with board members being paid a nominal amount, surely Judd would be worth every cent of he is that conduit to the footy department

Why is it ridiculous? If we want him to coach, pay him to coach.
So you're happy with him not even offering a half hour with our blokes, whilst hes off giving private lessons at Zach Merett?

To reinforce, the quotes from Fisher and Dow were that they hadn't even spoken to him. That's pretty damning on the individual

So you're happy with him not even offering a half hour with our blokes, whilst hes off giving private lessons at Zach Merett?

To reinforce, the quotes from Fisher and Dow were that they hadn't even spoken to him. That's pretty damning on the individual

He's a Director. The board needs to separate itself from the football department.

You'd hope a legend of the game, club champ and board member might find some time for the newbies.

You'd hope a legend of the game, club champ and board member might find some time for the newbies.

His obligation is to attend board meetings. If he wants to change his mind about being on the board and take up a coaching/ development role, I'm sure the club would find a way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharing his personal approach and insights is hardly a private lesson, I'm sure many of our players would have mentors independent of our football club.

Judd has already imparted all his knowledge on our club, it's up to the likes of Murph and Cripps to continue that teaching, not Judd.

I'm sure also that Judd is accessible to any player that sought him out.

Why?
So sticks couldn’t give an hour to the team he was so successful at?

I believe being President would be a pretty time consuming job.

Think of it this way, if Judd was down there the amount of people who would be up in arms going "Of course Bolton should be sacked, the board doesn't even trust him to coach so they're doing it for him!" crap would be everywhere.

AFL clubs are not grassroots country teams, you don't get to be President and only have to put in a couple hours a week when you are free, all roles are 24/7.

Is he?

Pretty sure that was last year.

Information is from high profile individual at the club, who I cannot name on a public forum for obvious reasons
2 obvious issues with this sort of an argument/statement....this high profile person should not be telling you stuff like this or any other confidential matters regardless of how close they are to you...but assuming they just cant help themselves you should at least have the respect to not spread it around even though you have not mentioned any names

....now moving right along has this high profile contact of your's told you anything a bit more juicy than whether or not juddy gets paid for being on the board? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back