The Punting Thread - Home of the 9 leg multi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone betting on Le Tour?

My mate’s dad is a cycling expert.
He (unofficially) has the largest rare bicycle collection in Australia & plans to open a museum some day.
Anyway, he gives pretty good advice/tips ahead of the race each year.
I think he’s just stoked his son is actually interested in the cycling & doesn’t realise he’s got a heap of mates gambling on his race predictions.

His tips landed tonight:

From Dad:

TDF starts 29th June , 2 weeks
My preview

I think there are 4 teams that could win GC Grand Champion
1. UAE Emirates
Tadej Pogacar (2020, 2021 winner) with a very strong team of mountain climbers

2. INNOS
Carlos Rodriguez, Tom Pidcock, Egan Bernal (3 leaders ?)
Tom Pidcock is one of my Fav’s , still coming to grips with Road racing, he is the current Olympic & world MTB champion, Top 3 in Cyclocross.
INNOS will probably decide on leader as race goes on, who ever is highest in the standings.

3. Red Bull Bora Hansgrove
Primoz Roglic, Jai Hindley & Aleksander Vlasoy leaders
Jai best Aussie hope

4. JUMBO VISMA
Jonas Vingegaard, 2022, 2023 winner, but is coming back from big crash in April
Broken ribs, collarbone, punctured lung ( may not start)
Currently training at altitude with team.

This was going to be a showdown between Pogacar & Vingegaard but the injury has messed this up.
I think Pogacar is odds on favourite to win, he may even go on and race the Le Vaulta in September. No rider has ever won all 3 GT in the same year…
Dont think we will get final fields until day before.

How does the miss by a stat rule work? Do you need to apply a promo offer on the bet? I had a sgm miss with one leg (liam baker 1 mark instead of 2) but the sgm bet is still marked as lost
I think it only applies for disposals , don’t think marks are included.

Cashed out with 3.30 to go in the last for a small profit. Florent needed 3 and Warner 1. Florent then gets 4 and Warner gets his. Left $35 behind.
View attachment 2020604
Had a couple of chances to cash out . Lost this one as that dumb bald prick Crows coach kept Dawson out of the middle. Previous game, cashed out in first quarter. Only 1 betting game left for me not betting on our game.

Well named horse

d2c2da4f5c4c1ca3a6e8831bfc7ff042.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rarely do it and normally only for 10 yet the Dopey ruckman from Melbourne didn’t even do that. I will never pick another dopey again for more than 10 disposals, f k n useless, where’s his Facebook account needs a good stern talking to, even if I had to get up a ladder and say it to his face lol PS sucked in Melbourne

Last edited:
Rarely do it and normally only for 10 yet the Dopey ruckman from Melbourne didn’t even do that. I will never pick another dopey again for more than 10 disposals, f k n useless, where’s his Facebook account needs a good stern talking to, even if I had to get up a ladder and say it to his face lol PS sucked in Melbourne

Yeah, ****ed me too.

Same for me, never going to pick a ruckman for 15d again! I generally have that position but sometimes get sucked in by good form

Had worse week in ages Bet on St Kilda game which I normally don’t cashed out but still lost bet on Max King another dopey footballer for 1 goal. Both the Kings very hit and miss players. And last game all my Hawk players did well but I bet on Kelly who I forgot I banned and Yeo against my better judgement and lost . Both talented but very lazy footballers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Punting Thread - Home of the 9 leg multi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back