The questions and answers to all things VAFA over the Summer...watch this space!

Remove this Banner Ad

Balwyn (SFL) and Heidelberg (DVFL) will play in Division 1 Eastern League next year to create a 12 team super comp.

That must make the ammos a little worried in terms of their ability to attract and retain quality footballers

Why is it a 'super comp'? What a******** to describe the Eastern League. It is based purely on dough, and in my opinion would not have too many loyal players in it.
Even the great man Chubba Dinneen eventually took the $$$ and plyed his trade against fellow football cowboys.
How many would stay in that comp if it went Ammo?

I think you will find that anyone who has been coached or has coached with the pumpkin will only have great things to say about him. He is one of ammo footy's great servants and A grade is poorer for him not plying his trade next year. As for the Balwyn raid.....the players who have been approached are johnny come latelys to OXFC anyway aren't they. The D train included. Now Mr Slay....How is the roll going?

Ahhhhh... My departing mentour!

The roll is travelling along just nicely, after enjoying his first spring carnival in Melbourne he is now keen to show A grade what he is all abot in 07. Esp in games against OX.

That would be a real shame if Lynch went, he is a sensational player.

Isn't Balwyn the club who used to pay their players in knock shop vouchers not long ago? What sort of farcical club is this? And why would these players want to play in the SFL (or have they moved?) which is a crap competition.

More and more players go. At this rate it'll be only Disco Seccull and Fraser Cameron left in amateur football.

Worst. Rule. Ever.

My two cents

I agree with the great Hornet. Lynch is a sensational player and one of the best in the comp. He has touched up the old t's on multiple occasions. A real match winner and extremely hard to replace. I saw him play against Uni Blues in the finals this year and almost single handedly won the game for xavs to get them into the Granny.

Let us hope that common sense prevails and he sees that the amateurs is the best comp to play in. Plus his two great mates in Hackett and Arnold are wonderful players also.

Surely some pimp from the hierarchy at xavs could offer them discount movie tickets and free upsize to large coke next time they got to the movies. Don't xavs own Village cinemas?

Looks like xavs are getting slack! Old T's will definately pay for their movie tickets and large cokes!!!

The way I see it, if you can't convince blokes to stay in A grade ammos then they are not the people to build your club on. If the cowboys need the coin then you will never convince them. The three mentioned from xavs have been great players but have come from elsewhere already. It is certainly becoming increasingly difficult to lure quality players to ammos for more than a year or two. Can you think of any from other leagues who have stayed in ammos for 5 plus years. It seems to be a stopover for quality players unless they are affiliated with schools. Is this such a bad thing?

That would be a real shame if Lynch went, he is a sensational player.

Isn't Balwyn the club who used to pay their players in knock shop vouchers not long ago? What sort of farcical club is this? And why would these players want to play in the SFL (or have they moved?) which is a crap competition.

More and more players go. At this rate it'll be only Disco Seccull and Fraser Cameron left in amateur football.

Worst. Rule. Ever.

My two cents

knock shop vouchers thats the best thing ive heard:thumbsu: .. wot r u talking about farcical???:confused:

Isn't Lynch from the school? Apparently Hackett also has a connection with school.

Being xavs, they will claim anyone who is a star as one of their own.

Can someone confirm this info for me before I continue paying out on xavs....not there is anything wrong with that!!!!

I think the amateurs offer a clean, fast-paced style of football that is attractive to play in and watch. Plus, the better players know their heads are not going to be targeted to replace the moosehead on the mantle piece.

Does anyone know of any player comings and goings for any clubs?

God knows we could do with some new players at Old T's after the departure of Andy Cultera.

Answer: Nowhere

Frankly I think TBTK is not what he may seem. I doubt he could tell you which oval is the Daley and which is the Hudson out at Bulleen.

Rest assured - Cultrera's wearing green and gold again in 2007.
Andy wont be going anywhere, not even Balwyn. The only link Hackett has with Xavier College is that he swims at the Stevenson centre.
Player movements: Several of the 'cowboys' have left The Badlands for better wages. They will struggle in 07. Bernies struggling with numberds pre season, also victims of the $$$ in the EDFL.
Beaumaris looking at oblivion with large departures, MHSOB the same.
Nick Ries to the Lions along with possibly Tom Roach.
Old Scotch will struggle to replace big Gerta, who has apparantly left for massive coin at Balwyn...hope this is not true but wasnt happy with Price and co at the Cardinals last year. Beranger its well known will not be there either.
Uni Blues have lost Patterson to the bush as well as Torney.
Nick Holland a good chance when he gets back from O/S to suit up with the Blues.
Old Brighton have lost a heap and will be lucky to win a game, whilst De La will be very strong.

Ex Bulldog Keiran McGuiness had approached Old Essendon about playing there in 2007 (apparently met a few of the OEG boys on derby day and got on like a house on fire) but was told he is not required. Can't take a trick the poor kid!

Ex Bulldog Keiran McGuiness had approached Old Essendon about playing there in 2007 (apparently met a few of the OEG boys on derby day and got on like a house on fire) but was told he is not required. Can't take a trick the poor kid!

TBP, can tell you straight out that this is not true. Kieran is heading to the SANFL next year, was never considering Ammos as he needs the money as it is what he does for a living. If he was going to any Ammo club it would be SBMT as he knows a few boys down there and his brother in law also plays there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word out of the Cardinals is that the G-Train G-O-R-N and has had massive offers from other EFL clubs including Vermont and East Burwood.

Mark Ainley is a big chance to play at old brighton after a few years over in the west and before that at the kangaroos. Old Brighton will need his help. Scotty McGuiness and Barry Stoneham can't come out of retirement once again to help them be competitive.

Luke north from uni blues is going overseas and will be a massive loss to uni. With North, Patterson and Torney gone, can this be the end of an era for uni? Brooksy will need to stand up! Dutchy won't play.

Apparently the big guts from Harry trott, James Heritage, told Collegians that he is used to being in a good paddock and volunteered his services during the off season to keep the grass at a maintainable level as long as they replaced the existing fence with a post and wire fence.

I agree with the great Hornet. Lynch is a sensational player and one of the best in the comp. He has touched up the old t's on multiple occasions. A real match winner and extremely hard to replace. I saw him play against Uni Blues in the finals this year and almost single handedly won the game for xavs to get them into the Granny.

Brett Dobson today signed with Balwyn, huge loss for The Eagles.
The Bortolottos have also signed with Balwyn, as have Lynch, Hackett and Arnold. Tim Fleming has decided to stay with Old Xavs.
Allan Murray from Springvale as well as Ben Schwarze have also signed and his bro Troy if he doesnt get picked up in the PS will also get on the bandwagon.
A couple of Uni Blacks lads have also thrown their hats in the ring there...
Now, who was the moron at VAFA HQ that changed the guidelines to allow this c r a p to happen? He should be sacked and strung up.

If all these player movements are true (and Brian, although I like your work, I take your comments with a considerable grain of salt) then our once great competition is in a lot of strife. Fancy being usurped by an imbecilic club like Balwyn, it's enough to make you throw up. This has reallly ruined my day.

For what it's worth, De La haven't lost anyone.

Brett Dobson today signed with Balwyn, huge loss for The Eagles.
The Bortolottos have also signed with Balwyn
, as have Lynch, Hackett and Arnold. Tim Fleming has decided to stay with Old Xavs.
Allan Murray from Springvale as well as Ben Schwarze have also signed and his bro Troy if he doesnt get picked up in the PS will also get on the bandwagon.
A couple of Uni Blacks lads have also thrown their hats in the ring there...
Now, who was the moron at VAFA HQ that changed the guidelines to allow this c r a p to happen? He should be sacked and strung up.

you're kidding aren't you mate??

you're kidding aren't you mate??

Nah, Im afraid not. Dobbo signed on this arvo along with the Bortolottos.
Something for all to consider. Lynch was touting himself out at 1K per game, with Hackett and Arnold after $850. I know for a fact that Lynch is getting around 40% less than this, with Hackett and Arnold around 50% less than their asking fee. Are they worth this much coin when ex League boys are on around $800?
Also note that there are several more Ammo boys on their radar, one of those notables Matt Kempton and his mate Josh Giansiracusa.

hahah ok mate you can slander all you like, all 3 trained tonight, and im great mates with both bortolottos and nothing of the sort is happening.

but all this is good for a laugh, keep it going

hahah ok mate you can slander all you like, all 3 trained tonight, and im great mates with both bortolottos and nothing of the sort is happening.

but all this is good for a laugh, keep it going

Frase, Im actually not joking mate. Obviously I dont know these 3 all that well, but I do know that they have signed at Balwyn. I know that Balwyn did a lot of research on these guys also...
Just because they may have been at the Eagles tonight doesnt mean anything. Also, I recognise that signing with a club is one thing compared to actually playing with them, but for once I am actually trying to be half serious on here!:thumbsu:
By the way, if the Bortolottos dont end up at Balwyn, at least Big Footy is out there making a differance and getting instant denials or confirmations!!! Who need AAP?
What else have you got Hornet? 55 at SKOB...

well either your source is wanting to stir some rumours, or you've just got ordinary mail because i can reassure you 100% none of this is happening, but we'll wait and see, one of us will be wrong.

Mr. Bortolotto (father) has just been appointed treasurer i think of the club and i doubt his sons would leave, they knocked back an apparently lucrative offer along with a few other MOCFC players to go to play div 2 efl with Mitcham and if there has been an offer from balwyn the same would have been done.

Remove this Banner Ad

The questions and answers to all things VAFA over the Summer...watch this space!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back