The Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey just wondering about a car I'm looking to buy and hoping somebody could shed some light on if it's decent or not. It's a Renault Megane Dynamique 2 door convertible auto that has done 63,000km and its 2007 model. I'm looking at it for $10,700 and just wondering if it's any good or is it a bit of a lemon? Like, are those cars good to run and whatnot? Any tips or knowledge would be great! (As it is the first time I'm spending that amount of money)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm some food for thought that's for sure
Thanks for that, I've been trying to find a review

Search engines are tricky. I often search for cars and end up at BigFooty

Search engines are tricky. I often search for cars and end up at BigFooty

I genuinely got stuck cause it kept coming up with the hatchback and newer models. Just asked on here if anyone knew anything about them because my family are useless in regards to any car other than a bloody Volvo and was happily surprised when I got the link to the car review

I genuinely got stuck cause it kept coming up with the hatchback and newer models. Just asked on here if anyone knew anything about them because my family are useless in regards to any car other than a bloody Volvo and was happily surprised when I got the link to the car review
When it comes to buying a car you need to ask yourself some questions:
  1. What's your budget?
  2. What are you going to mostly use it for? i.e. work, city driving, HWY or just weekends
  3. What insurance policy will you choose? Full comp or third party? (should also be included in your budget)
  4. Do you care about comfort, style or power?
  5. How much to service the car? This includes labour and parts.
  6. Are there other similar cars out there that much cheaper to own?
  7. Do I listen to BALKAN? The answer is always no.

Tip: If the owner or dealership is selling their car for what seems to be a reasonable price but has done near or just over the milestone kilometres (100,000km,200,00km, etc) then ask if it has had a major service done. If yes ask for the receipt. If no then walk away because it will cost ~$1000 for a major service ($2000 for me. Dat water pump :(), unless you're prepared to pay the extra cost right away.

When it comes to buying a car you need to ask yourself some questions:
  1. What's your budget?
  2. What are you going to mostly use it for? i.e. work, city driving, HWY or just weekends
  3. What insurance policy will you choose? Full comp or third party? (should also be included in your budget)
  4. Do you care about comfort, style or power?
  5. How much to service the car? This includes labour and parts.
  6. Are there other similar cars out there that much cheaper to own?
  7. Do I listen to BALKAN? The answer is always no.

Tip: If the owner or dealership is selling their car for what seems to be a reasonable price but has done near or just over the milestone kilometres (100,000km,200,00km, etc) then ask if it has had a major service done. If yes ask for the receipt. If no then walk away because it will cost ~$1000 for a major service ($2000 for me. Dat water pump :(), unless you're prepared to pay the extra cost right away.

As I just posted above, another factor to consider is re-sale and trade in value.

If you lived in a housing estate where the residents were required to give DNA samples of their dogs for dog poop offenses, would you still live there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back