The re-draft a reject thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Instead of having a thread on every single player from every club who has ever been delisted and a discussion about the merits (or lack thereof) of drafting/rookie listing them can we just put them all in one place?

Re: The redraft a reject thread

Good call Super. Jordan Mac? Freshly delisted, was lured to the tigers for a pretty low pick...

Ok seriously, the issue is we need a big body in 2011 to back up Jamar in the ruck and/or support Watts' development. Is there a delisted player that will be better than a PJ, Martin or Newton? I put Dowler and Gamble ahead of them but not Skipper which doesn't address our more important need IMO- Jamar's life support.

Why don't we try:

If there was one delisted player you think we should draft, who should it be and why?

Jarrod Kayler Thompson if no other reason he went to my old school. Or convince that dud Dane Swann to change clubs

Missed the opportunity to take Jason McCartney as a coach.

Yep, and Gary O'Donnell too. Boy, what a change-agent that guy is !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Donnell went to Brisbane again. Biff I think you missed the point, he mentioned McCartney because he's a "J Mac".

Dowler's worth considering. Beanpole but can kick goals, even if it's only an initial one year deal & they don't like any KPF with our last pick in the draft

Skipper would be the only one worth considering.

Gamble is a mid sized forward and is behind Petterd, Dunn, Bate, etc. for that position so not worth getting. Cos he played for Geelong people will over rate him and Freo will probably pick him in the first round. Fisher is the same, only a mid sizer, good dukes but thats about it, not worth it for us, would be a good fit for st. kilda i think.

Dowler I haven't seen enough of him but if he is a beanpole then no thanks, need a big body, Skipper = Hale so I wouldn't be totally against using pick 32 on him if he goes to the draft, obviously have to weigh it up against another young kid, preferably get him later on

Chris Johnson?? :D

There isn't much from the current delistings I'm keen on, hopefully we go after some players from the state leagues.

I hear Jon Giles is one of the best ruckman going around in the SANFL..

Remove this Banner Ad

The re-draft a reject thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back