The Rejects 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Two Eyes

Club Legend
Jun 22, 2007
east of eden
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was speculating on the strongest team of 22 players that could made up of players who were de-listed by at least one club and then picked up by another and still on an AFL list.

Players who were traded, even for nominal late pick are not eligible (e.g. Stephen King).

Are there enough players to make a team of 22?

David Rodan, Brent Guerra, Zac Dawson, Jason Roe, Danny Meyers, Kepler Bradley, Leigh Brown, Anthony Corrie, Chris Bryan, Cameron Cloke, are players who come immediately to mind.

Here is potential 22 to get us started.

B Stephen Gillham Zac Dawson Joe Patful

HB Brent Guerra Jordan Bannister Daniel Pratt

C Tom Hislop Ben Cousins David Rodan

HF Aaron Edwards Cameron Cloke Hayden Skipworth

F Chris Bryan Leigh Brown Stephen Milne

Ruck Kepler Bradley, Shane Tuck Andrew Carazzo

Int Tom Logan, David Johnson, Danny Meyers, Jason Roe

Emergencies Colm Begley, Nick Gill, Jason Davenport, Greg Bentley

Was Nick Stevens delisted?
How about Chris Johnson, Shane O'Bree, Scott Welsh, Ben Hudson?

Hudon was a trade, not sure about O'bree. Nick Stevens is intersting. He walked out of port, which is different to being rejected by the club. They wanted him but he left them...

Just realised Corrie is not eligible. He was actually a trade for a nominal pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be picked up by a different club. Lots of clubs de-list and then rookie or re-rookie players.
This one is a little different as there was 1 or 2 years between this happening, most of them get delisted and drafted straight away so it counts as a list change.

As a bombers supporter i think i can safely speak for the club in saying we have no regrets letting hislop or bradley go.

And Skipworth has proved useful so far this season. Not a great pick up but not a bad one either.

This thread isn't about justifying players your team dropped or picked up.

Has to be picked up by a different club. Lots of clubs de-list and then rookie or re-rookie players.

Porps was delisted then played at West Adelaide won BnF got fit and was redrafted at least one season possibly two seaasons later, should qualify most delist/redrafting are in the same year

This one is a little different as there was 1 or 2 years between this happening, most of them get delisted and drafted straight away so it counts as a list change.

Hmm, that is interesting but I guess not meeting the intention of my thread.

This is more about one club seeing value in a player another club rejected. Porps may have been intially rejected by Adelaide but no other club wanted him. Likewise I'm not counting Stuart Dew as he was not de-listed by Port, he retired and then was coaxed out of retirement by the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rejects 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back