The Rejects 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, so would N.Ablett, Spangher, Polo, Oakley-Nicholls etc, but I thought the idea was to get the best-performed "rejects".

Krakouer is one glaring omission.

Thats right. We want a nice pool to draw from so those player are eligible but ultimately we want to put together the strongest team possible.

Outstanding work, FiveStrings. I have to say the 2011 edition is looking a lot better than the 2009. Strong improvement in the midfield and forwardline. The Backline was always solid.

EDIT

Depth still an issue but that team would finish above the suns this year. Maybe even above a couple of other teams.

Paul Johnson is a depth player (released by the Dees after having been on the Eagles list and is now an injured rookie at Hawthorn). Robbie Campbell retired from Hawthorn and we declined the opportunity to take him when he un-retired, so he's now a rookie at Melbourne.

Buchanan was never delisted.

Spangher I mentioned.

Barlow I forgot, give him the last emergency spot.

Johnson hasn't played for Hawthorn yet, put him in the same boat as Spangher, Nablett etc.

Campbell is an interesting one. Not really a reject for mine.

One of those times, like the Blues team of the decade, where you realise it's going to be a pathetic effort half-way through and should stop.
OK - first ruck... erm... barnaby french. Guys is this still a good idea?
Tom Hislop.

Buchanan was never delisted.

Spangher I mentioned.

Barlow I forgot, give him the last emergency spot.

Johnson hasn't played for Hawthorn yet, put him in the same boat as Spangher, Nablett etc.

Campbell is an interesting one. Not really a reject for mine.

He was delisted and then redrafted by Sydney, at the end of 2002 I believe. Dunno if we're counting that though.

He was delisted and then redrafted by Sydney, at the end of 2002 I believe. Dunno if we're counting that though.

We are not counting players redrafted by the same club. That happens all the time, especially with rookies. The Hawks have drafted Matthew Suckling 3 times!

By rejects 22 we mean players that have been categorically rejected by their club and then picked up by another. We have drawn the line at players delisting themselves to get to another club and also don't inclue players who have retired (ala Dew or Robbie Campbell) and then later returned.

Would Bachar Houli and Cam Bruce count ? Taken in the PSD :eek:

Melbourne offered Bruce a contract. He turned it down in favour of signing a contract with Hawthorn. Don't think he'd count as a "reject".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon I'd rather Buckley on the HBF than Stanley based on the bit he did early this season. Reckon he was real stiff to be dropped but room had to made for Maxwell (obviously).

Howlett and Crameri

In what way do either of them qualify for this exercise?

Would Bachar Houli and Cam Bruce count ? Taken in the PSD :eek:

Melbourne offered Bruce a contract. He turned it down in favour of signing a contract with Hawthorn. Don't think he'd count as a "reject".

Same goes for Houli. He left the Dons who couldn't make a trade work with Richmond but would have kept him.

I reckon I'd rather Buckley on the HBF than Stanley based on the bit he did early this season. Reckon he was real stiff to be dropped but room had to made for Maxwell (obviously).

He went out because he was injured. Hasn't played footy at any level since the North game. Agree with the sentiments of Buckley over Stanley on a back flank though, Stanley doesn't even play there.

Stanley should be on the HFF instead of Gamble (who has been terrible in any position his whole career).

Nope..

Remember, the criteria is that the player had to be on at least one AFL list prior to their current one and they had to be delisted by that club (players who delist themselves to get to another club don't count (ala Luke Ball).

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rejects 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back