Game The Richmond Player Drive - Who are you donating?

Remove this Banner Ad

'Reduced to breaking point, West shocked fans by severing all ties with the Geelong cheer squad and football club.

The son of late 1963 Cats premiership player Roy West opened up on the 'hellish time' he has endured in a lengthy and emotional statement on Facebook.
'I don't want to be around negative influences and I feel I need to take control of the Catman persona that I've worked hard to create,' his 1,100-word post began.

'I'm an openly gay, confident, loud, abrasive, energetic, creative, colourful and popular person and that sometimes isn't what some sections of the community like.

'I've grown up surrounded by homophobia, prejudice and being targeted. I'm at a stage in my life where I don't think I should be around elements of that nature. In ANY area of my life.'

West told Nine News: 'I don't think I deserve it just for being a crazy cat.'

The more specific issue was around the cheer squad targeting him using some very specific rules about what was allowed and what wasn't - namely the thickness of poles used for flags.

His sexuality was a second tier issue, after the intra-group politics and his upsetting of the nuffy apple cart.

The more specific issue was around the cheer squad targeting him using some very specific rules about what was allowed and what wasn't - namely the thickness of poles used for flags.

His sexuality was a second tier issue, after the intra-group politics and his upsetting of the nuffy apple cart.
Christ on a bike.. not good

Yeah, in terms of cheer squad I think Geelong are the worst in terms of volume and creativity. Apparently it's highly political, cliquey and insular. But they ain't revving any one up these days.

That said the work they (and all cheer squads) do with little to no club support is nothing short of a miracle.

Do they need a president? We will provide them with best selling author and former Geelong president Colin Carter. :thumbsu:

Colin-Cartner-and-Brian-Cook.JPG
No way are they getting Cooky though.

Zorko is getting grilled again by some flogs cause he wore brown shoes to the AA awards ceremony. Some people need to get a life
Yep. Flogs that weren’t good enough to make it.

Yep. Flogs that weren’t good enough to make it.

I don't like Zorko at all, but it's a pretty stupid and annoying reason he is copping flak, for wearing brown shoes.

Just seems so Helen Lovejoy-ish, not wearing the proper attire to the event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're almost there guys. Thanks for your support :)
We will also offer Denver Grainger-Barras. Balta and DGB will prove to be the ultimate pairing to help Richmond's need of unpredictability

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game The Richmond Player Drive - Who are you donating?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back