The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of experts are predicting us losing to Freo and Richmond, while beating the Dogs as well as Godees and the Aints.

What are the predictions and analysis on here?

Personally I'm worried about the next two weeks, but feel if we can do the job as expected, we may well beat Freo and the Dogs. Richmond may well be the toughest of the lot.

I'll make a bold prediction - we'll win them all.

Brad is coaching for his contract.

Plenty of experts are predicting us losing to Freo and Richmond, while beating the Dogs as well as Godees and the Aints.

Personally I'm worried about the next two weeks, but feel if we can do the job as expected, we may well beat Freo and the Dogs. Richmond may well be the toughest of the lot.

Why are the so called 'experts' tipping us to drop games against Richmond and the Western Bulldogs? Because they are higher on the ladder?

If recent encounters are anything to go by, we dont lose to those two teams. Those so called 'experts' probably should do some research and less guess work.

I don't think it matters much, to me all things being even we play the Doggies first week of the finals, unless a couple of teams above us have major implosions.
we have to win two of our remaining five to make the finals in 6th or 7th spot, only win one and I doubt we make finals, win all five and doubt we will move above 6th, unless we win them by 100 pts each.

quietly confident of us winning our remaining games and finishing 5th to be honest. the only danger one for me is Freo and they arnt playing that good lately aswell as it being in melbourne. Doggies and Richmond are both our bitches and i think Scott in recent weeks since coming back from recovery has got the players in the right mindset.

I think we'll get the next two, at least one of Richmond/Bulldogs and probably not Fremantle.

Not convinced we'll make it though. We are probably going to need results in other games to go our way...starting with Richmond beating Adelaide, Sydney beating Geelong and Essendon getting within ten goals of GWS.

Ah yes, team X "are our bitches". I remember when Port Adelaide were our bitches on here. Then next thing you know 2005 happened, then 2007 happened. Mighty concerned about our clash against the Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne: Win - Still a rabble, the Pies were a bigger rabble on the day
Saints: Win - Long season for their kids
Freo: 60/40 - We do Docklands better than anyone
Dogs: Win - Form looks good, until you see that it has been a very soft fixture in the middle part of the year until now.
Tigers: Win - Docklands does not allow them to get off the leash, they just hate playing there.

The last three games being at Etihad can not be over stated, we play better there than everyone else and with Arden Stree being the exact same size the coaches will have them primed.

Also, I have a feeling that the Dog's are going to hit the fatigue wall. It has been a long season, and their kids might just start to drop off a bit. It is hard to keep it up all year (yeah, yeah), especially if you are performing above expectations.

Anyways, two % boosting wins coming up and depending on other results we could certainly equal last years effort. Which most of us would have taken two months ago when we were in that WLWLWLWL state of mind.

Last edited:

I agree,

I reckon we will see the good North in the run home.

I think that Lyon will send his B side while resting players for our clash.

A lot of optimism here considering North has scarcely played 4 good quarters this year, except possibly vs Geelong and Poort. It is easy to be seduced by our last few wins but they were all against easy beats. The football we played in those games was good enough to bottom 6 opposition, but not good enough to beat teams in the top 6.

We should beat Melbourne and StKilda, but I think we will lose to Freo and Richmond. Bulldogs could go either way, but the Dogs will deservedly start favourites. Any better outcome will require North to play better than they have all year.

Honestly don't know, what if Wells comes back? Hanson returns and plays like a gun? The team suddenly start playing four quarters of footy each match? Or do they revert to type and serve up a couple of platters of seafood cocktails with no shrimp sauce? Buggered if I know but I would love to attend at least one finals game, Make It Happen Euge! (At least under Euge, things did happen)

Dees - Very worried. Law of averages means they have to beat us at some point.
Saints - Not worried at all. I'm certain we'll smash them in Hobart
Freo - For some reason I'm quietly confident on this one
Dogs - 50-50 but I hope we can get the job done. Dogs like us love playing at Etihad
Tigers - I'm very confident we'll win this one which would be hilarious. 55k sellout at Ethiad on a Friday Night leading into finals. Sounds good to me.

I'm more concerned about the law of averages kicking in against Richmond than against Melbourne.

I'm also a bit tired of hearing about North's easy draw - it was just front-loaded with tougher opponents. But the way the draw is, North will finish the H&A where they deserve to be. Under the top teams, and either around 5-6 if they pick up form, or 7-9 if they drop off again.

Remove this Banner Ad

The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back