The Sack Robert Walls thread

Remove this Banner Ad

pmad87

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had to put up with his s**** on ch10 again this afternoon. Didn't even know where Richmond were on the ladder at the end and had to wait for the ladder to come up before he could say. What is this guy paid to do? He would have to be the most misinformed journalist in the football universe. He doesn't even know basic facts about team lists, game play etc all the things an "expert" is supposed to know.

Often he will be commentating a game and get one little part of the game in his head and try to claim that the result of the game depends on this and only this. Other times he will talk about one thing only to say the complete opposite at a later point in the game.

This thread is for everyone to post the rubbish Robert Walls writes and says in his role as an "expert" football journalist.

Unless North are playing in a game he commentates I will never watch another game in which I have to listen to the **** that comes out of his mouth. Id rather listen to the radio (which I do when the game is on TV live, but this is not possible when I want to watch the delayed telecast).

He's a classic "20/20 hindsight " sorta guy.
There are a few others who could be included in this type of criticism. Never understood how footy journos and commentators can get away with stuff like: "I've haven't actually seen that incident". What the hell are they doing?

Couldnt have said it better myself pmad87!! He is one of the biggest tools in football history. And like you said, everytime something great happens on the field, he'll always say oh that was brilliant planning from the team, when half the time it is pure ar$e. Take tempo footy for example, if Coollingwood do it, its 'yeah slowing it down, gaining momentum, to build an attack on.' When a team he doesnt cream himself over does the same, it's like ' good manning up by the opposition foward of the play, forcing them to play like this.' It is bullsh1t. Im glad my team ended his coaching career, he just doesnt warrant a place in the game in any area.

Why did the thread get moved? I think 95% of bigfooty posters would agree with the opening thread.

Today in the last quarter he tried to pin Collingwood's poor performance on Rocca getting about only 3 or 4 kicks. This probably was a contributing factor, but listening to walls it was as if the whole game was centred around Collingwood's half forward line. What about the other 43 blokes that played Robert? Surely they played a part in the game?

Afterwards, they interviewed Neale Daniher:

Walls: "Neale, 78,000 here today...[and here I am thinking he's going to say something about Melbourne playing in front of a big crowd etc] and Davy and Pickett played really well for you today."

What the hell was the 78000 part about Robert? Why the **** did you say that?

like today peis v dees... watching davey CLEARLY ripping the game apart with his flare, pace a skills.. i think kicks one then set up another and lays a good tackle... and he comes up with... some line like... davey is really have an impact on this game.... NO ****IN ****! god.. and huddo.. ohhh i just want to punch his little dorky face in.. had to been bullied when he was a kid

I seriously would like to know why my thread was moved to bay 13. Can it get moved back?

Take this from May 30 edition of The Age:

For Laidley, now is the toughest time of his coaching career. He can't afford to get caught up with people in the crowd as happened a couple of times on Sunday. It looked so amateurish.

Does anyone else thing the last sentence looks a bit......oh, i don't know....unprofessional/childish/AMATEURISH!

Before that, on May 27 came this:
Come round six, after three successive losses, the Cats have a handy three-goal lead against the Demons. Joshua Hunt pushes forward to mark 30 metres out, dead in front. Does he settle down to kick truly and close the game? No. He mocks his opponent in an arrogant and totally unnecessary manner for all to see. Does he kick the goal? No. He misses.

For anyone who saw that mark, Hunt was not mocking his opponent, he was lucky enough to mark a kick that had obviously been a miskick and not directed at him at all. He was merely laughing at the fact that he was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

On May 9, he got away with this:

The second and most important thing is, who is teaching Dawson? That he didn't change his approach as Thompson's goals piled up isn't the kid's fault. It rests with the coach and his assistants. Playing a mile in front wasn't working. What about instructions to play Thompson two metres from the side, front or behind?
Dawson should be getting physical experience at training sessions defending opponents from a variety of positions and angles. Is he? If Kelvin Moore, that great Hawthorn full-back, isn't being used to assist, why not? The coaching staff of Alastair Clarkson, Todd Viney and Damien Hardwick have never played the full-back position.

Well why don't you F****ing well find out the answers to these questions Robert?

And can my thread please be moved out of Bay 13?

Walls is a shocker (along with a star-studded cast at ch10), but unfortunately I dont think we've seen the last of him. If ch.9 had won the TV rights, then I'm sure it'd be the last we'll have to see of him this year, but he might go on. Anyone know his contract status at channel 10 for next year and beyond?

jonesy86 said:
how could walls openly have a go at rocca who got beat and then stick up for robertson who got beat worse by jimmy clement?

That was fair. Rocca looked disinterested, was playing on a player my mum could pick up a dozen possessions on. Clement is one of the best 2-3 defenders in the league. Robbo tried hard, but is just not in Clements league. Clement had the body strength to out play him. My grandma could out smart Bolland.

Marns said:
Walls is a shocker (along with a star-studded cast at ch10), but unfortunately I dont think we've seen the last of him. If ch.9 had won the TV rights, then I'm sure it'd be the last we'll have to see of him this year, but he might go on. Anyone know his contract status at channel 10 for next year and beyond?
Okay so if Channel 10 get the broadcast rights we have to listen to Walls. If Channel 9 get them we have to suffer Eddie McGuire ! Looks like a no win situation for the fans !:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sydney eagle said:
Okay so if Channel 10 get the broadcast rights we have to listen to Walls. If Channel 9 get them we have to suffer Eddie McGuire ! Looks like a no win situation for the fans !:(
I'd rather listen Eddie McGuire then Walls any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He's got nothing on Patrick Smith, the most negative, bitter journo to ever grace God's Green Earth. Did anyone hear him on KB's show on SEN degrading the World Cup ? He's just got no clue at all the twit.

Confucious say: you get rid of Walls, and roof fall on your head.

Nah, seriously, the guy is one of the biggest tools going around. This is spot on:

pmad87 said:
Often he will be commentating a game and get one little part of the game in his head and try to claim that the result of the game depends on this and only this. Other times he will talk about one thing only to say the complete opposite at a later point in the game.

He also talks in a deliberate way, to make it appear as if he sagely knows what he's on about. When in fact, it is merely (and fairly unsuccessfully) a mask for his complete lack of contemporary football knowledge.

The guy is a typical "Monday Expert", and the worst part is, he gets paid for giving insightful comments.
In the daily rag over hear in the west he is advertised as, "Footballs hardest-hitting columnist".
Thankfully i didn't have to read any verbal bial from him this week.
pmad87 you got my vote:thumbsu:

give me eddie anyday, he might be biased and an have an enlarged ego (at times:D ) but he is a lot more enjoyable to listen to than the twerps on ch 10...eddie is also better than gary lyon, dermie and dwayne russel they can be just as annoying on their day:rolleyes:

my old man doesn't even like footy but doesn't mind having a look if the lions are playing and if he even hears walls' voice he goes 'not this w***** again' without even knowing his name, and he doesn't know a sherrin from a steaming pile of manure....says it all really

i agree he needs to be punted from all media vehicles

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sack Robert Walls thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back