The selection of Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

55m set shot for the win who would you rather the ball be in the hands of fasolo or didak?

Fasolo, comfortably. I can't even recall the last time Didak kicked it that far.

That said, sub is the only position I'd have Fasolo in - he doesn't have the fitness to run out games atm.

The problem for Fasolo is that he tried hard and was beaten in 1 on 1 contests. He looked a little lost. Blair came on and showed the difference.

Didak has still been putting in hard runs, he just hasn't been as damaging with his disposal as we're used to. He's still providing links in play but he could have easily kicked a couple of goals yesterday, and if he did that nobody would be mentioning him.

:thumbsu: this...it was not the match result or intensity of the team...just a couple of one on one contests for Fasolo that led me to my conclusion. That being said, he is definitely the next player picked so a poor game by Blair, Didak or Sidebottom in the prelim or injury would see him play.

As much as I would love to see Fasolo play there's simply no room for him. You can't and won't drop Didak, he's the type of player who could switch it on at any time. Blair stays as does Sidebottom. It's unfortunate for the kid but a great sign for us as he'd be getting a game at nearly every other club.

On the subject of Didak, I'd like to see him play closer to goal more. Krakouer has the ability to play further up the ground so have him play a little more in the middle of the ground and play Didak more as a forward.

As much as I would love to see Fasolo play there's simply no room for him. You can't and won't drop Didak, he's the type of player who could switch it on at any time. Blair stays as does Sidebottom. It's unfortunate for the kid but a great sign for us as he'd be getting a game at nearly every other club.

On the subject of Didak, I'd like to see him play closer to goal more. Krakouer has the ability to play further up the ground so have him play a little more in the middle of the ground and play Didak more as a forward.
I think the main weakness we have at the moment is this "waiting" for players who could turn it on. Didak, Blair and Sidebottom. All have been pretty off recently. Fasalo, despite having a bad game against Geelong, has been in form and actually put in some great performances in the latter half of the year. Didak's another interesting one as i would say he has shown that hes pretty poor in tight contested footy. He's also not hitting the scoreboard.

Still i feel that Fasolo will miss out but i think we could really use his ability to finish in a tight match.

I really like Fasolo, would prefer him not as a sub. Seems to be a confidence player, would do him a world of good to start on in the prelim.

Dids will be fine..Sidey and Beams worried me watching yesterday's game.

The selection of Alex Fasolo should all go to Derek Hine. Inspired choice, particularly with the lateness that we entered the draft. :p

It's going to be interesting because 2 players must make way for Reid and Thomas.

Right now, both Fasolo and Blair are the two that would make way. Goldsack is a must for the flexibility and variety that he offers us.

What about Goldsack making way for him? IMO he is a more complete player than Goldsack and can win us games.

I know its only one game, but Goldsack was really good against eagles. He was awesome.
His opponent (Embley - who is AA this year i think?) had no influence on the game...
Looked confident and attacked. Also, he *almost* took some really good contested marks deep in our 50. was very promising

Fasolo is still very young and he doesn't have the match fitness to go a full game in finals intensity.
Even in the 11 or so games he's played he has been used sparingly, because he fades quicker than the guys who have been training for years.
In finals someone who can't chase and hold up the forward defensive structures as the game gets late will be a liability..
He's the perfect sub, and on the 23/24 fringe if someone goes down to injury or suspension he should come in.

I thought Sidebottom was woeful and if anyone is to be dropped it should be him

Yep.

Couldn't believe it was Dids who was subbed off given Blair, Sidebottom and Johnson were far worse.

While Didak isn't kicking goals, he's still setting play as well as he ever has, so not sure which Didak everyone is looking at. Obviously not the same one I'm watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

come on guys..steele sidebottom? proven big game performer..paul licuria has said that he is the best role player collingwood has got. In a time where structures and role playing means everything, they obviously hold him in very high regard, which shows as he has held his place every game for the year! Also, when he touches it, generally something good happens, he is clean and calm under pressure (eg kick to dawes on the weekend)...his creative kicks are needed..and he is winning around 20 possies per week..and kicked around 25 goals for the year...he is the fittest at the club. Although not dominating..how can you drop this? oh and i forgot.....he had a team high 8 tackles against west coast for good measure :)

come on guys..steele sidebottom? proven big game performer..paul licuria has said that he is the best role player collingwood has got. In a time where structures and role playing means everything, they obviously hold him in very high regard, which shows as he has held his place every game for the year! Also, when he touches it, generally something good happens, he is clean and calm under pressure (eg kick to dawes on the weekend)...his creative kicks are needed..and he is winning around 20 possies per week..and kicked around 25 goals for the year...he is the fittest at the club. Although not dominating..how can you drop this? oh and i forgot.....he had a team high 8 tackles against west coast for good measure :)
Good sensible post benny .

his a dynamite player but atm tackles get broken too easily and doesnt have the engine. He normally only chips in for 1 goal in high scoring contests, i like him but his borderline and probably with a full team this year his not in. First player in if we get another injury or suspension id say

Fasolo is a excitement machine, Ive not seen a kid love being on the big stage like that before. Would Fasolo be more desperate than Didak in that 50/50 I think so. Its time Mick you made the tough decisions last year. Its time for Didak to be put aside alla Leon Davis last year. Play the kid Mick. PLAY ALEX FASOLO

Remove this Banner Ad

The selection of Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back