Reebok Stadium
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bolton,Clippers,Falcons,Mariners
Here are the ratings.

http://au.nielsen.com/site/documents/Metro709.pdf

No real change for SEN.

They're the 4th or 5th highest rating radio station for people aged between 25-54 and thats generally who the advertisers are targeting. I'd imagine they would be in the top three for males in that same age group as well. And I reckon nearly every ad on SEN is aimed at a male.

They would be happy with how they're going and those predicting its demise are pretty much off track.

Its important not to just look at the summary figure but to drill down into the listeners by demographic as it is there that real success is judged. SEN could be rating 10's but if 90% of that audience was over 70, then its hardly going to appeal to advertisers.

Also, Eddie's new show did bugger all.

Re: The SEN Thread 6

The Good Oil is now down to 3.1, the lowest rating show on SEN by a fair way. The drums may start beating for Doran's head. If he gets another bad result next, maybe those at SEN headquarters will start thinking of making changes.

The Good Oil is now down to 3.1, the lowest rating show on SEN by a fair way. The drums may start beating for Doran's head. If he gets another bad result next, maybe those at SEN headquarters will start thinking of making changes.

To be fair to Doran, with SEN's main demographic being at work during the time he is on - its pretty hard to attract any sort of decent numbers for a sports show in that timeslot.

I'm no fan of the bloke either but 3.1 isn't as bad as what it looks like on paper.

On his last chance too, the inside word is.

He can waffle on at times, but I still think he is very good...He's not frightened to ask hard questions when doing an interview..

Doran is to the left justas Rita [men of melbourne] is to the right in the SEN political scales. That bloke should just leave his dial on pensioner 693 if he wants a political fix from the right.:rolleyes:

He can waffle on at times, but I still think he is very good...He's not frightened to ask hard questions when doing an interview..

His interviews are generally okay. It's just that his show is horribly tedious,and not helped by his lack of general knowledge on anything!

Doran is to the left justas Rita [men of melbourne] is to the right in the SEN political scales. That bloke should just leave his dial on pensioner 693 if he wants a political fix from the right.:rolleyes:

I hate that attempt at a sultry voice she has for the 'men of melbourne' ads, makes me want to puke.

Cactus Chris and the rest of the Four Diegos are the biggest flogs on SEN IMHO, bar none, yes even worse then maher, Watson and Doran.

if they were on only once a week that would be tolerable, but for them to be on 5 nights a week on the 11 pm midnight slot is torture, much rather Peaky and Howard Lee there full time there with gladiators of sport ...

They are typical bogan, band-wagon supporting soccer fans that give the code a terrible sterotype (oh gee, they all support the big clubs in EPL, and hardly talk about anything other then Melbourne Victory, EPL, and sometimes Serie A)
They never talk about MLS for instance, who are in their playoffs right, and frankly that is a far more interesting league with much better quality soccer then the a-league.

Get those flogs off, and if your going to have an world football/soccer show, have people on it with credibility and have a much 'broader' and global perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree CP. I said it all of last year that they are average. They talk amongst each other, as opposed to the listener. Which probably comes down to the amount of people they have on the show. Two people is enough. If you have four, then it just becomes a mess.
They need hosts like Steve and Ed who actually inform the listener and make it easy listening.

I'm kinda narked off that Born in the US finishing up now, with Steve returning to the US with his family, I think because he couldn't find fulltime work here, which is a shame because the man has far more talent then 95 percent of the other radio presenters in Australia today ... (I always used to love his sarcastic responses to any flog who sent in negative/abusive text messages about their show)
I'll miss Steve, one of the genunie good guys, and one with a great sense of humor as well. I really hope Ed can be retained on the station as well, even on the new sunday night program with Franka (Mark Franklin)
There should still be time for a regular weekly show for US sports (and not chucked in at 2 am on the saturday graveyard shift either)
Especially with the NBA and NFL seasons in full swing, and I would argue those two leagues nearly have as big a fanbase in this country/state as the EPL.

I think for all it's faults 3AW sports program directors listen to their fanbase, I just wish/hope SEN could do the same.

And one last thing, the Friday show with Harf, Rita and Doran goes on far too long, maybe 90 minutes would be enough (maximum) but for them to waffle on about crap for 3 hours non-stop, it's just too much IMHO, Rita's annoying political views not withstanding.

For the love of god please remove that crashing bore DORAN of the airwaves!Caught a bit of his quiz today where he had a guess the voice bit. Caller didn't hear the voice when Doran piped in with "I wont play it again until you see please'' . Just remove this flog PLEEEEEASE!:eek:

I like the Diegos as well. They struggle when Carlos is not there to anchor them but I'm a regular listener. The soccer show on the evening program went to shit after Callendar left it, the victory hour is no good.

The Gladiators of Sport is the best show on SEN for mine.
I used to like it around 2004-5, but it is hopeless now. For an educated lawyer, Peak knows very little about quite a lot. Leigh knows less.

I like the Diegos as well. They struggle when Carlos is not there to anchor them but I'm a regular listener. The soccer show on the evening program went to shit after Callendar left it, the victory hour is no good.

Don't mind them either. Look on the bright side at least they're not talking delistings and monotnous draft talk we're now going to get:confused:I like d the gladiators a couple years back but peaky's Stkilda obsession is annoying the shit out of me. Last night he was pumping up the new irish recruit saying he'll star cos' he was BOG in a Gaelic final. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back