The So You Think Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

soho

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 3, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
last time sportsbet paid out on a 'sure thing', it was richmond for the wooden spoon, and we all know what happened there...

have sportsbet given SYT the kiss of death by paying out on the monday before the race?!

Re: so you think -> kiss of death

last time sportsbet paid out on a 'sure thing', it was richmond for the wooden spoon, and we all know what happened there...

have sportsbet given SYT the kiss of death by paying out on the monday before the race?!
no..

I still dont understand why they do it! do they save money if it actually wins? or is just a over confident thing? really dont understand it one little bit...

One questions I think I am going to put put a 100 on So You Think at 6.40 on betfair.

If he wins the Cox plate by 4 lengths, which is possible. What do you see happening with his price????

big win at 2040m at wfa is different to 3200m handicap.

likely to win cox plate but not melb cup imo.

I think if he is ahead by enough they will prob ease him up so the 4 lengths might not eventuate.

Was funny to hear that they paid out on him winning the cox plate, then some of the punters who won their money early on him, re invested it at the $1.50 lol.

cant believe that they would allow this but the spokesman for the company said so himself

One questions I think I am going to put put a 100 on So You Think at 6.40 on betfair.

If he wins the Cox plate by 4 lengths, which is possible. What do you see happening with his price????

If he wins comfortably this week...I can't see him starting any longer than $4 to answer your question.

Has Bart said anything about his chances of actually running in the Melbourne Cup if everything goes to accord in the Cox Plate

Was funny to hear that they paid out on him winning the cox plate, then some of the punters who won their money early on him, re invested it at the $1.50 lol.

cant believe that they would allow this but the spokesman for the company said so himself

How could they possibly stop people from doing this, other than removing the market completely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting if it comes last.

How confident is everyone that SYT will win?

It has to run 1-2 to qualify for the Melbourne Cup. I am extremely confident it will win. Would be stunned if it gets beaten.

As for Melbourne Cup pricing - if it wins easy I think it will come in to around $4-$4.50. Then into $3.50 if it draws a decent barrier.

As for Melbourne Cup pricing - if it wins easy I think it will come in to around $4-$4.50. Then into $3.50 if it draws a decent barrier.

Lay of the lifetime. Far too short for a horse than has never run anywhere near 2 miles before. Didn't a great horse who had gone back-back and coming off a cox plate win just a few years ago start at around this price.... and So You Think may :eek:

Re: SYT will not win the melb cup

So you think he won't win?
Who won't win?
So you think!
So I think what?
So you think won't win the Melb cup!
Who's on first mother****er!

Paganorgasm will be extremely upset you stole his thread. So you think is a freak it can do whatever the hell it wants!

If you think because the others were catching him right on the line and that is your reason then you are an idiot. He could have waited till later to make his chargee and be strong on the line but he went early and the race was over at the 200m.

Remember that he wont be charging home at the 1800m in the cup. It wasnt as if he was dieing on the line.

In saying this, I also dont think he will win the cup, just not because he wont run the trip (which i think he will). He likes to break their hearts off the bend and I think that flemmington wont suit him having a long sustained run down the straight. But if he can get a drag into the race at the 600-400 then he can run chase home. Just dont think he can hit the front at the 450m and hold on

If he can get a lovely sit behind the leaders, he could take it out. Would need all the favours though, may struggle over the latter parts of the race and there looks to be some genuine international talent this year (Manighar, Americain & maybe Holberg). Freak horse but, no doubt about it.

While I wont be backing it, I wont be a hero declaring it can't win. Elvstroem ran in to 4th on class alone.

Great title - well researched and constructed. :eek:

SYT will run the trip comfortably. He doesn't have to lead to win, can race on pace or midfield. Flemington won't be an issue for him either, his run in the Emirates last year was massive, and he is a much better horse this year.

Zipping doesn't run a strong 3200m as evident by his Melb Cup record.

I don't understand why people are saying he won't get the trip. :confused:

Will SYT win the MacKinnon? Looks a great field again with Shoot Out likely to back up as well. From memory often runners coming from the Cox Plate don't have a great record in backing up a week later though I don't think this was quite the gut busting Cox Plate that we have seen in previous years. Whether Bart runs SYT to win the MacKinnon is another thing as well. Steven Arnold said this morning that he would likely just let it go a furlong out rather than 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

The So You Think Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back