The song that turned you off a band.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dead Heart - Midnight Oil

Great call.

I loved them so much growing up and started falling out of love after Red Sails, the love affair was further tainted by Species Deceases and then it was all over red rover when the Dead Heart came out.

So sad.

That wasn't the real Soft Cell though. This is the real filthy bastards.

The clip for SD was banned as well. The kings of sleazy synth-pop.

On Ultravox I'd disagree even though I'm a huge fan of solo John Foxx. Huge fan also of Midge Ures Ultravox and love Vienna. One of the finest examples of 80's synth-pop.

Shocker of monumental proportions, done to serve a purpose.
One more album and time for Bellamy to pursue a solo career which is what I'm looking forward to.
Actually, Matt was behind all of the Resistance, and I remember hearing Dom Howard saying how he and Chris Wostenhome(sp?) hated a lot of it, and felt like they were selling their souls when making that song from Twilight

Hope rubbing the furry wall turned you back onto them.

Everything about that movie made me want to hate it, until I saw it.

Infant Sorrow ftw.

Back on Tainted Love the Soft Cell version is just a terrible cover of an otherwise cracking 60's tune

Too true. Not a patch on Gloria Jones' northern soul classic

[YOUTUBE]NSehtaY6k1U&playnext=1&list=PL74060680B0ECEECA[/YOUTUBE]

Actually, Matt was behind all of the Resistance, and I remember hearing Dom Howard saying how he and Chris Wostenhome(sp?) hated a lot of it, and felt like they were selling their souls when making that song from Twilight

Well aware of that, but then again Dom and Chris hated Fury.
Anyway, Bellamy has had his universal exposure so time to get "real" again.
You've got to keep it real.

Too true. Not a patch on Gloria Jones' northern soul classic

[YOUTUBE]NSehtaY6k1U&playnext=1&list=PL74060680B0ECEECA[/YOUTUBE]

That's the cracking 60's version I was talking about I think....

Soft Cells is the definitive version of that song for me. Interesting that Marc Bolan was going out with either the singer or writer of TL,can't remember which.

And not really a song,more songs in general..Spandau Ballet were a brilliant New Romantic band,did some great stuff like Musclebound,Chant #1 & Gold then went all bland with stuff like I'll Fly For You from "Parade"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rise Against - Long Forgotten Sons - the point where they tipped from decent punk band with hardcore elements to arena rock band

Great call.

I loved them so much growing up and started falling out of love after Red Sails, the love affair was further tainted by Species Deceases and then it was all over red rover when the Dead Heart came out.

So sad.

Yeah whilst they were always a political band, the Dead Heart represented to me when they changed from a powerful Aussie Rock band to a bunch of preachy tossers.

Beautiful Day by U2. I didn't think much of them anyway but that song completely turned me off. Bono is an arrogant twat so I doubt I was ever going to like them.

:thumbsu: Good call! The sad thing is that song is flogged more than any other too which makes it worse.

Muse - Undisclosed Desires.

Muse what the **** have you become!

This.

I have a mate who claims to love Muse, refuses to listen to Showbiz, which was ****ing amazing, and always plays this in his car and even sings along.

So tempted to smash him one whenever he does, its a terrible soppy left testicle of a song

This.

I have a mate who claims to love Muse, refuses to listen to Showbiz, which was ****ing amazing, and always plays this in his car and even sings along.

So tempted to smash him one whenever he does, its a terrible soppy left testicle of a song

So true.

I don't mind 'Supermassive Black Hole', and can appreciate it as a song, but 'Undisclosed Desires' can get ****ed.

Songs like 'Invisible' and 'Soldier's Poem' were what raised the alarm bells for me with Muse.

Beyond the Suffering by As I Lay Dying. First song on the newest album of theirs, such shit. Top 2 or 3 in terms of live performance bands that I have seen, thoroughly enjoyed previous albums especially An Ocean Between Us. Bit of a shame really.

More so the albums than the songs...

Prince, Sign O' The Times - Yes it sold well and some even hailed it as a work of genius, but I didn't get it. Even while Prince was losing his mojo, Parade had its moments, but I only ever played this album twice after buying it the day of its release.

Queen, Under Pressure - Another commercial success that never resonated with me. Still infinitely better than the rest of the ill-conceived Hot Space album though. Queen had jumped the shark by this point.

AC/DC, Danger - Flick Of The Switch, their heaviest album, sold disappointingly and hinted at the band taking themselves too seriously. Following an unprecedented two-year break, Fly On The Wall represented an attempt to get back to their songwriting roots, but only succeeded in proving that Brian was no Bon when it came to penning mischievous lyrics. Danger itself wasn't too awful, but aside from sporadic highlights since, FOTW signalled the band's creative demise...if it wasn't already apparent.

Beautiful Day by U2. I didn't think much of them anyway but that song completely turned me off. Bono is an arrogant twat so I doubt I was ever going to like them.

A lead singer who is "an arrogant twat". Stop the presses!

U2 lost me with the "Zooropa" album, followed by the disastrous "Pop" album. Whilst they have won me back since then, I don't rate their later material anywhere near as stronglyas the pre-Zooropa stuff.

The band that really lost me was "Live". The trigger point was attending a concert of theirs back in the 90's. They didn't play the songs I wanted to hear and on top of that they spent too much time talking crap on stage. Just play the fricken songs! I haven't minded a handful of their songs since but it hasn't been the same since the Throwing Copper and Secret Samadhi albums.

The Offspring..
What young teen wouldn't love smash. Ah Self Esteem. :)
But they digressed an I got older. But still so many memories.. Then came pretty fly for a white guy! Nuf said...
Agree with that. Annoying bastards.

Used to Love Status Quo before Lancaster and Coughlan left-
An example of their descent-

[YOUTUBE]rw7FSbiVZog[/YOUTUBE]

Not really turning me off the band completely, but was very devo when it first came out:

Birds of Tokyo - Plans

AC/DC, Danger - Flick Of The Switch, their heaviest album, sold disappointingly and hinted at the band taking themselves too seriously. Following an unprecedented two-year break, Fly On The Wall represented an attempt to get back to their songwriting roots, but only succeeded in proving that Brian was no Bon when it came to penning mischievous lyrics. Danger itself wasn't too awful, but aside from sporadic highlights since, FOTW signalled the band's creative demise...if it wasn't already apparent.

Fly On the Wall. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

The song that turned you off a band.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back