The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe trying to quietly get a start on it so they can be on schedule when they are officially due to start.
Even if stadium doesn't get the nod the site still will be developed so I think it's more about preliminary prep for that at least.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Do people believe the case will be strong enough to attract private investors to the stadium?..... I know the Plenary group and European investor One build have shown interest, but the question is have they seen the business case to know if it's worth it to them?

Last edited:
Do people honestly think the Stadium will pass the POSS because a lot of people think no way will it pass it. Many are saying if does pass it then it means it's corrupt,what are peoples opinions on this?...... Looking at comments on social media yesterday after the picture was released of the view behind the historic buildings it was evident to see that a large amount of comments were negative towards the stadium. I really worry that a majority of the local population doesn't support it,many supporters are saying they are the minority but I honestly don't think that's true.
Yes.

I don't think some realise how much opposition the stadium has from the community and different groups. I would hate to see it fall over but social media seems to be full of people against it unfortunately.
Don’t always believe social media. From reports many where against Adelaide oval upgrades, not the same but you get what I mean.

Don’t always believe social media. From reports many where against Adelaide oval upgrades, not the same but you get what I mean.
I know you always get your anti groups against everything but this is different. I know people think us stadium supporters are the majority but from what I have seen across different platforms in Tassie probably shows well over half the state is against this stadium. I'm just saying this stadium clearly doesn't and won't have a social licence and that is dissapointing to see so many against one of the best things to ever happen in Tasmania.

I know you always get your anti groups against everything but this is different. I know people think us stadium supporters are the majority but from what I have seen across different platforms in Tassie probably shows well over half the state is against this stadium. I'm just saying this stadium clearly doesn't and won't have a social licence and that is dissapointing to see so many against one of the best things to ever happen in Tasmania.
Because those in support of the stadium have already won.

I'm not going to spend my days arguing with muppets on facebook who can't accept reality. The commitment is made. It's happening and the sooks will sook until the day they're in the dirt. It doesn't change reality.

The only threat to the stadium I see is the CFMEU. I'm pro union, and I hope every worker is kept safe, and makes a mint working on the stadium. But the CFMEU is in bed with organized crime and has been for a long time.

Because those in support of the stadium have already won.

I'm not going to spend my days arguing with muppets on facebook who can't accept reality. The commitment is made. It's happening and the sooks will sook until the day they're in the dirt. It doesn't change reality.

The only threat to the stadium I see is the CFMEU. I'm pro union, and I hope every worker is kept safe, and makes a mint working on the stadium. But the CFMEU is in bed with organized crime and has been for a long time.

If by some chance they can clean the building industry, can they keep going and do it for developers and real estate agents too?
We have an awful lot of drones in the economy

I forgot to add In consultancies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think some realise how much opposition the stadium has from the community and different groups. I would hate to see it fall over but social media seems to be full of people against it unfortunately.
95% of people I've spoken to are in favour of stadium.
I don't know how accurate a measure this is but the amount of pro-stadium stickers I've seen on cars is about 9-1 in favour of it. I reckon I've seen about half a dozen no-stadium stickers.

95% of people I've spoken to are in favour of stadium.
I don't know how accurate a measure this is but the amount of pro-stadium stickers I've seen on cars is about 9-1 in favour of it. I reckon I've seen about half a dozen no-stadium stickers.

Like most things, a lot will be ambivalent, they don't really care. I think they do care about is spending more on health, housing & education. We spend more on those than ever before, but they don't hear that message. Also they don't know what generates that money for services. Its not all free money from the sky. I will say Government & especially local councils need to be pushed into gear about housing.
I think it important we keep the message going that the stadium is an economic development for jobs, tourism & for our kids & generations to come.
As it is, Health (hospitals) soaks up 1/3 of the state budget. We spend more on education than any state (except the NT). Really many people simply need to look after themselves better before the need to go to a hospital, or to the doctor. They won't like that but smoking, poor foods, sedentary lifestyles are a real problem. Education is getting a review, but parents need to understand education starts at home from age 0-4.
So its what people do for themselves & their family is at the core of improving things.
Thats just a fact.

The RSL has written a letter to the government making it clear they definitely don't support the plans for the stadium released recently. They said they were completely guaranteed the stadium wouldn't be higher than 42 metres and it's now 54 metres at the highest point. They want the stadium moved 400m and then they will support the stadium. I wonder if the RSL could kill the plans for the Mac Point stadium or can they come to a compromise with the government.

The RSL has written a letter to the government making it clear they definitely don't support the plans for the stadium released recently. They said they were completely guaranteed the stadium wouldn't be higher than 42 metres and it's now 54 metres at the highest point. They want the stadium moved 400m and then they will support the stadium. I wonder if the RSL could kill the plans for the Mac Point stadium or can they come to a compromise with the government.
I don't think the RSL has any power to stop anything. No compromise is needed.

The RSL will be treated with respect, as is right, but they do not come from a place of strength on this. Old mate John Hardy will be looking for another place of employment if he's not careful......

A very good portion of his members are not happy with him and even less so after his latest interview!

The RSL will be treated with respect, as is right, but they do not come from a place of strength on this. Old mate John Hardy will be looking for another place of employment if he's not careful......

A very good portion of his members are not happy with him and even less so after his latest interview!
How do you know it's a very good proportion?

How do you know it's a very good proportion?
I don't know it's a very good proportion..... ok I take it you mean portion?

Because people I know involved in the RSL at "sub branch" level, and a few that work at "state branch" level, have said so in many conversations.

Tetris capital is the latest investment group to express interest in helping fund the new Hobart stadium. They join at least two others including the Plenary group and a big European investor that has invested in stadiums before with the bidding process soon to get under way.

Tetris capital is the latest investment group to express interest in helping fund the new Hobart stadium. They join at least two others including the Plenary group and a big European investor that has invested in stadiums before with the bidding process soon to get under way.
Nice work, that's not one I've heard anything about as yet.

Plenary, Tetris, ASM Global and two others, (possibly AECOM from memory, being one).

Nice work, that's not one I've heard anything about as yet.

Plenary, Tetris, ASM Global and two others, (possibly AECOM from memory, being one).
From research I have done it has ASM Global and AECOM down as event management and promotion providers not private investors.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stadium!

Back