The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is my run down on the documents released for the proposed stadium.

All of the documents are available here:

This is a great design. The spectator facilities will be very good. The transport planning is similar to Perth Stadium and will hopefully provide people with a relaxed trip to and from the stadium without the car.

This is clearly the best location for the stadium.

The roof has been designed for a capacity expansion. Earlier images suggested the top tier of seating would not all initially be built, allowing them to be gradually built and expanding capacity. It now seems like it is all built to begin with. There is no details in the documents as to how the capacity can be expanded.

IMG_5843.png

Some of the studies such as for utilities and transport, contemplated the venue having a 40,000 capacity in concert mode to ensure the site can handle future expansion. This reflects a future capacity in AFL mode of about 32,000.

IMG_5845.png

IMG_5844.png

For some reason they’ve decided to build the stadium with the AFL field in a north-south orientation. This is the same as Adelaide Oval and the SCG. The MCG and Perth Stadium have the AFL field in an east-west orientation.

Whilst AFL does not have a prescribed orientation for the field, cricket requires the wicket pitch to run north-south. Rugby prefers to orientate north-south for goals, but is a lot more flexible than cricket.

The orientation at Perth Stadium and the MCG allows the same media facilities to be used for both cricket and AFL. AFL media (including TV cameras like to be on the wing, whilst cricket media is behind the stumps. This was a deliberate decision in the case for Perth Stadium and detailed in their design reports.

For Hobart Stadium they are proposing separate media facilities for the two sports, meaning a large chunk of seating capacity is lost where the separate cricket media facilities are put. Not rotating the oval 90 degrees to be the same as Perth Stadium and MCG is unfortunate, as spectator capacity is reduced by about 1,000 seats for a duplication of media facilities that results in one sitting empty whilst the other is used.

IMG_5846.png

IMG_5847.png

IMG_5848.png

Here is my run down on the documents released for the proposed stadium.

All of the documents are available here:

This is a great design. The spectator facilities will be very good. The transport planning is similar to Perth Stadium and will hopefully provide people with a relaxed trip to and from the stadium without the car.

This is clearly the best location for the stadium.

The roof has been designed for a capacity expansion. Earlier images suggested the top tier of seating would not all initially be built, allowing them to be gradually built and expanding capacity. It now seems like it is all built to begin with. There is no details in the documents as to how the capacity can be expanded.

View attachment 2115574

Some of the studies such as for utilities and transport, contemplated the venue having a 40,000 capacity in concert mode to ensure the site can handle future expansion. This reflects a future capacity in AFL mode of about 32,000.

View attachment 2115582

View attachment 2115583

For some reason they’ve decided to build the stadium with the AFL field in a north-south orientation. This is the same as Adelaide Oval and the SCG. The MCG and Perth Stadium have the AFL field in an east-west orientation.

Whilst AFL does not have a prescribed orientation for the field, cricket requires the wicket pitch to run north-south. Rugby prefers to orientate north-south for goals, but is a lot more flexible than cricket.

The orientation at Perth Stadium and the MCG allows the same media facilities to be used for both cricket and AFL. AFL media (including TV cameras like to be on the wing, whilst cricket media is behind the stumps. This was a deliberate decision in the case for Perth Stadium and detailed in their design reports.

For Hobart Stadium they are proposing separate media facilities for the two sports, meaning a large chunk of seating capacity is lost where the separate cricket media facilities are put. Not rotating the oval 90 degrees to be the same as Perth Stadium and MCG is unfortunate, as spectator capacity is reduced by about 1,000 seats for a duplication of media facilities that results in one sitting empty whilst the other is used.

View attachment 2115586

View attachment 2115587

View attachment 2115589
Very good post, exciting times ahead. Wish we could fast forward to this.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit negative, but I think we have to be realistical on the chance's of this going ahead and that is why a renegotiation will likely be required.
Understandable but almost every post? I will begin deleting if I have to. Once more it’s happening until told otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't understand how you can be so certain. The stadium is expected to run at a deficit so don't you think the Projects Of State Significance will look at that negatively. I also heard earlier that while the upper house will easily vote it through if recommended, the lower house will be less likely to have the numbers. I know you don't believe a renegotiation is possible but I think we will find the afl would look bad if they weren't willing to do it.
Because the stadium is intrinsically tied to so many other things other than the direct financial operation of it. It might improve quality of life in the state. It is necessary to have an AFL team. There won't be an AFL team without it.

Please note

We have threads on the Mainboard and SRP for other supporters to argue the rights and wrongs or discuss the politics of the Stadium or the team.
Don’t come here to stir up arguements.
Sorry I thought this was about discussing the positives and negatives,can you tell me the name of these other threads?

it is but every post moved to here

Completely non-sensical. This thread is titled “The Stadium”. I don’t find what he is posting as argumentative at all.

Does every post have to be glowing about the stadium?

I guess I’m now arguing so I guess I’ll be thrown to a thread where no one is posting also.

Enjoy your echo chamber.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stadium!

Back