The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The membership is the thing that interests me. I can’t see how they can sell a traditional 11 game home membership. Would lock out too many and cap our membership numbers too much due to the lack of seats.

The membership is the thing that interests me. I can’t see how they can sell a traditional 11 game home membership. Would lock out too many and cap our membership numbers too much due to the lack of seats.
They could limit the reserved seats membership, make most of them walk up? Then have to have X amount for the away team. Brendan Gale will do it successfully.

Interesting to see the government has hired an assessment panal to assess Mac point 2.0 . I think this could still be in the mix, so could they're yet be a twist in the stadium deal?

Last edited:
Interesting to see the government has hired an assessment panal to assess Mac point 2.0 . I think this could still be in the mix, so could they're yet be a twist in the stadium deal?

Nah.

I believe government is obligated to assess unsolicited proposals of this nature, rightly or wrongly.

What advantages or benefits would 2.0 have that 1.0 doesn’t? I can’t see any. In fact, I think 2.0 has far more challenges and obstacles.

If 1.0 doesn’t pass, then 2.0 is no chance

Nah.

I believe government is obligated to assess unsolicited proposals of this nature, rightly or wrongly.

What advantages or benefits would 2.0 have that 1.0 doesn’t? I can’t see any. In fact, I think 2.0 has far more challenges and obstacles.

If 1.0 doesn’t pass, then 2.0 is no chance
Ok thankyou for your opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, unless the AFL dumps Gather Round, there are likely to be 12 home games for Tasmania (you can’t have a 23 games season with an odd number of teams).

Sorting out the memberships between North and South will be key to having 50k members. You don’t want the same 22k buying reserved seats to both venues. It will r3euce total membership numbers, and will result in empty seats for some games.

How could they of not included the car park in the cost estimate is what I would like to know.

My understanding of this is that the car park is only partly for stadium use, but mostly for broader precinct use including prospective hotel and antarctic precinct.

It was included in the PoSS submission so they could get planning approval for it to be built.

I believe the carpark wont be included in the stadium construction breif. Itll be done seperately, and be done with private money, which is why it hasnt been included in the cost.

Its a 530 space car park with only about 70 spaces for the stadium, and will be for public use on non-event days (of which there will be about 300) so will be very attractive to a car park developer

My understanding of this is that the car park is only partly for stadium use, but mostly for broader precinct use including prospective hotel and antarctic precinct.

It was included in the PoSS submission so they could get planning approval for it to be built.

I believe the carpark wont be included in the stadium construction breif. Itll be done seperately, and be done with private money, which is why it hasnt been included in the cost.

Its a 530 space car park with only about 70 spaces for the stadium, and will be for public use on non-event days (of which there will be about 300) so will be very attractive to a car park developer
Thankyou kindly for that. With the government only contributing $375 million, do you still think the stadium will attract private investment (excluding the car park) considering the stadium is expected to run at a loss?....

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stadium!

Back