No Oppo Supporters The TAN 78 - Old Men Yell at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bloke i know was an extra on his show and regularly had his arse grabbed by craig on set during filming lol

dude is a loose unit and likes to get touchy with anyone
Craig Degoey?

In a way, it's the fault of the TV and theatre directors and producers, for not pulling Craig aside and mentioning the incidents.
Budding actors are too scared to speak out.
End of the day, Craig was a major star who carried the Dr Blake show.
It was a global smash hit ratings success, not everyday for the ABC.

Was reading how Ellen was an awful piece of work.
She had a meal at a LA restaurant.
She had mentioned to a manager afterwards that the waitress serving her had chipped nails.
More or less hinting that the waitress should be given a final warning before being sacked.
Insane prima donna.
Ellen was a ratings magnet, creating revenues for the network, so no one told her off.

She had mentioned to a manager afterwards that the waitress serving her had chipped nails.
More or less hinting that the waitress should be given a final warning before being sacked.
Insane prima donna.
Ellen was a ratings magnet, creating revenues for the network, so no one told her off.
campaigner

is she still rooting portia de rosie

Geez this Craig McLaughlin story is pretty harsh to watch.
Something has always seemed a bit off about it all to me. Usually they are cowards and run and hide but this has so many holes in it, not surprisingly ABC involved again too.
Obviously I don’t know the whole truth but it’s been a pretty one sided version up until now.

I only caught 10-15 mins of it, but he really came across as the entitled, self-obsessed w***er the women are painting him as in the part I saw. Didn't do himself any favours, IMO, but I could certainly see his point that he's damned either way.

I kinda regarded him as the laughing stock of Australia in his Neighbours/Mona years, then warmed to him a fair bit in the Dr Blake role, so if anything I was open to hearing his side of the story, but not so much after seeing how he presented himself - 'pity party' was not too much of an exaggeration. In the end, when your livelihood depends on the public liking you, that's the knife's edge you live on in exchange for the massive rewards.

He did have an excellent point in saying that what he was accused of and what Weinstein was should be regarded as entirely different levels of 'alleged offending.' It really hasn't been presented that way in the media. Kinda like Willie Rioli being compared to a junkie for smoking a bit of weed with the kind of 'drug abuser' language used in his recent incident.

I will say one thing, from my own experience and others I know, I doubt there's a halfway decent looking bloke alive who hasn't copped plenty of unwanted gropes over the years, multiply that by 50 if you're in the music industry and constantly around drunk people, mostly female 'offenders.'

If all those incidents ended up in court, very few male musicians would have to work again for the rest of their lives beyond their teenage and early 20 years.

I only caught 10-15 mins of it, but he really came across as the entitled, self-obsessed w***er the women are painting him as in the part I saw. Didn't do himself any favours, IMO, but I could certainly see his point that he's damned either way.

I kinda regarded him as the laughing stock of Australia in his Neighbours/Mona years, then warmed to him a fair bit in the Dr Blake role, so if anything I was open to hearing his side of the story, but not so much after seeing how he presented himself - 'pity party' was not too much of an exaggeration. In the end, when your livelihood depends on the public liking you, that's the knife's edge you live on in exchange for the massive rewards.

He did have an excellent point in saying that what he was accused of and what Weinstein was should be regarded as entirely different levels of 'alleged offending.' It really hasn't been presented that way in the media. Kinda like Willie Rioli being compared to a junkie for smoking a bit of weed with the kind of 'drug abuser' language used in his recent incident.

I will say one thing, from my own experience and others I know, I doubt there's a halfway decent looking bloke alive who hasn't copped plenty of unwanted gropes over the years, multiply that by 50 if you're in the music industry and constantly around drunk people, mostly female 'offenders.'

If all those incidents ended up in court, very few male musicians would have to work again for the rest of their lives beyond their teenage and early 20 years.
Got no doubt it’s somewhere in the middle.
It’s a bizarre industry and as VB_longneck said he’s one of those weird cats that it really takes to do what he does.
But it just becomes their normal world and what they seem to think is the norm definitely is not.
Then you’ve got the other side where you get jealous people in an industry where attention is craved and what it’s all about, add what is a horrendous industry here in the media and look where we are.
Yep I agree the number one thing where I feel he was crucified and it’s the media’s fault, not the alleged victims was the timing and the way it was portrayed then sold to get clicks and watches, rendering him a Weinstein.
Really disgusting.

Insane prima donna.
Glad her show has ended

Got no doubt it’s somewhere in the middle.
It’s a bizarre industry and as VB_longneck said he’s one of those weird cats that it really takes to do what he does.
But it just becomes their normal world and what they seem to think is the norm definitely is not.

Yep, and from what I understand he claims, the backstage antics with the Rocky Horror cast were often on and over todays 'line' about what is and is not considered appropriate. I can definitely see a lot of truth in that being a circumstance where it would be easy to have your actions taken out of context and used against you.

Some of the other accusations from Dr. Blake, if the accounts are truthful, way less grey area or contextual excuses.

Yep I agree the number one thing where I feel he was crucified and it’s the media’s fault, not the alleged victims was the timing and the way it was portrayed then sold to get clicks and watches, rendering him a Weinstein.
Really disgusting.

Very similar to the Geoffrey Rush case, but he was arguably treated a bit more sympathetically in the so-called 'left leaning' media, while being crucified twice as hard as McLachlan by the Murdoch outlets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching NRL 360 and that games media is going nuts because refs are calling head high tackles more than ever. The penny just has not dropped in that sport about concussion just yet. They’re spewing that you can’t round arm a bloke in the face now without being sent off

3AW reporting that Joffa Corfe has been charged with sexual assault of a minor back in 2005. He is currently released on bail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back