No Oppo Supporters The TAN 78 - Old Men Yell at Clouds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This songs called "Trouble in my brain". So for all those out there with trouble in their brains....this song is for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get rid of Councils.

Bayside Council proposes ban on solid fuel outdoor cooking
Could this be the most “un-Australian” act ever? A Melbourne council is seeking feedback on a controversial plan to ban backyard barbecues but the proposal has been slammed by meat smokers and wood-fired pizza lovers.
Jordy Atkinson, Bayside Leader
Subscriber only
|
August 15, 2020 1:05pm
You won’t be able to smoke meat or fish under if Bayside Council’s plan to ban solid fuel cooking goes ahead.
You won’t be able to smoke meat or fish under if Bayside Council’s plan to ban solid fuel cooking goes ahead.
MORE IN LEADER

Keysborough factory goes up in flames

Liquidations listed for Victoria businesses for August

Here's what you can expect with today's Mornington Peninsula weather

similars

A plan to ban backyard barbecues in Bayside suburbs has come under fire from home cooks.
The proposal was sparked by a petition which called for Bayside Council to ban “offensive emissions” — the petition garnered just five signatures.
Under the proposal, people would be banned from burning solid fuels — such as wood and charcoal — outdoors, including for cooking or heating purposes.
Bayside Council receives about three complaints a year about smoke and odour entering neighbouring properties.
Brighton’s Andrea Swain said it was “the most un-Australian thing ever”.
“How can you put a stop to families, friends gathering around a barbecue?,” she said.
Ms Swain, who regularly smokes her own meat, said she could understand why fire pits or chimineas could cause problems but it was “just so strange” to ban charcoal and wood fires used for cooking.
Under the proposal wood fired pizza ovens would also be illegal in Bayside.
“Surely if the smoke was that harmful, the people eating the meat would be ones to get sick,” she said.

“But the fact is, people who smoke their own meat take so much time to do it right — it’s a piece of art.
“There’s a reason why so many high-end restaurants offer wood-smoked meats. Why shouldn’t we able to do that in our own backyards if we want?.”
Ms Swain said a ban on cooking would mean the end of hickory-smoked brisket, cherry wood ribs and apple pork.
“If research showed the smoke from this sort of outdoor cooking was bad for people I’d be the first to get rid of my smoker but that’s for experts to decide,” she said.
“Smokers and pizza ovens aren’t cheap, they’re investments and they’re huge selling points in homes.
“People put so much effort and money into their outdoor entertaining areas.
“If council bans this, will they refund me for my smoker or cover the cost of people removing their pizza ovens?.”
Bayside Council is seeking feedback on the proposed changes. The Have Your Say website states the changes will only be considered if there is strong community support.
The council will undertake further community consultation on the issue early next year.
Ms Swain said while she appreciated the opportunity for people to voice their opinions, she hoped common sense would prevail.
“I just don’t see how you can ban barbecues in Australia,” she said.
Outdoor fire pits and chimineas are banned in neighbouring Glen Eira but outdoor cooking is still allowed. And in 2016, Maroondah Council backflipped on a decision to ban chimineas following public outcry.
To have your say, visit the council’s website. Submissions close on September 10.
jordana.atkinson@news.com.au

Was never a great fan of the song Fashion but it is a great live song.
Carlos Alomar is an amazing guitarist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back