Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a rumour from the mouth of a Carlton premiership player that Essendon will get a 3-4 million dollar fine, be banned from the draft for 4 years and lose all their premierships points this season. He didn't know anything re: player penalties.

would be brilliant. did he have any info on whether hird and thompson would be allowed to stay on?

would be brilliant. did he have any info on whether hird and thompson would be allowed to stay on?
Pretty much what in keep hearing.
2+ million fine
Ban from a few drafts
Loss of points
Dont know about players

But I heard that Hird will be forced out also.. Unsure on the credibility of my source though

I heard a rumour from the mouth of a Carlton premiership player that Essendon will get a 3-4 million dollar fine, be banned from the draft for 4 years and lose all their premierships points this season. He didn't know anything re: player penalties.

3-4 million dollars means nothing to Essendon - they are a rich club - nothing penalty.

regarding being banned from the draft for 4 years- that is something- but should players with drugs in their system be allowed to play next year? Is that "fair" to the rest of the competition?
You would hope there are some player bans as well.

re: losing premiership points this season - this is the minimum expected when you compare the type of sanctions NRL clubs have been given for various misdemeanors.

I used to be confident of this ,but after the Weapon interview and Hird's smugness,Im starting to think they'll get away with murder!
Meanwhile all along muppet Bombers fans keep trotting out "We've done nothing wrong"

Nothing will happen to Essendon, a scapegoat will be found somewhere in this poorly done report, and the AFL/Essendon etc will throw all blame at that goat and walk away with a slap on the wrist and a promise of change etc......Its what the dodgey AFL do best, protect their brand.

i will walk away from AFL entirely when that happens.

3-4 million dollars means nothing to Essendon - they are a rich club - nothing penalty.

regarding being banned from the draft for 4 years- that is something- but should players with drugs in their system be allowed to play next year? Is that "fair" to the rest of the competition?

re: losing premiership points this season - this is the minimum expected when you compare the type of sanctions NRL clubs have been given for various misdemeanors.
for the fine to have an impact it would have to be paid up front or something like that to impact their cash reserves, if they allow them to pay it off over X years it will not do anything to them. The fine needs to impact their business and their ability to pay for that coaching panel and the whole footy department.

a fine like that will hurt no doubt but exclusion from the draft for 4yrs WILL cripple a club no doubt about it, two years crippled us (no doubt we were in a different cycle of development)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that Woosh will get a three yr contract...time to build the team up again.

I heard that Woosh will get a three yr contract...time to build the team up again.

if this is the case what would the chance of roos being a development or assitant style coach be?

thats if he is moving to perth for a coaching job.

a roos, woosh team up would be ahrd to beat and not being head coach would be far less stress for paul too.... i wonder.

Nothing will happen to Essendon, a scapegoat will be found somewhere in this poorly done report, and the AFL/Essendon etc will throw all blame at that goat and walk away with a slap on the wrist and a promise of change etc......Its what the dodgey AFL do best, protect their brand.

i will walk away from AFL entirely when that happens.
As will I, although I will continue to buy a Carlton membership.

Unless the drug cheats are punished properly for their actions the competition will be compromised & not worth following. In the meantime I will continue to not watch any game involving Essendon & very few other AFL games, but I will be back at the VFL for the last 3 games of this season.

Agree, its only 1 well planned importation for Essendon to raise those funds......

#shanechartersmule

As will I, although I will continue to buy a Carlton membership.

Unless the drug cheats are punished properly for their actions the competition will be compromised & not worth following. In the meantime I will continue to not watch any game involving Essendon & very few other AFL games, but I will be back at the VFL for the last 3 games of this season.
Yep, about 3 weeks ago I strongly felt the same way, and I still feel the same way, I will continue to buy my membership, but that is it, if that scum of a club is not punished, and punished appropriately, I will walk away from AFL football, this will hurt, but I will not be supporting a competition that would rather sweep the biggest scandal in its history under the carpet in favour of $$$$$$ or tv rights deals.

imagine they did a debt demolition function (aka Melbourne), would be such a bad look to pay for the fine.
Funny....essendon are cheats.....i should clarify......it looks like Hird has a God complex..........he has definitely bought into his own fame!!!......pathetic example to the younger fans of AFL.

The feeling in Perth prior to the article in the West Australian is that Worsfold wants now to coach next year after being somewhat indecisive earlier.
Personally I hope Worsfold stays and that would ensure Eagles stay in the bottom half of the ladder and we would all like that wouldn't we?
How many cups have u won pal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back