Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect its time we had an official source to the club on this site, as opposed to the MS3, EP, Crane6 rubbish. It would certainly knock a few rumours on the head before they gathered any steam.

I keep calling MM for the good word but he's forever in meetings and he always forgets to call me back!

Busy fella, our coach.
I use the expression 'the good word' when talking about 'news'

No one ever known what I mean

Either? I'd love to jump on the MS3 bandwagon, but it'd be nice to see one rumour that has actually eventuated first.

Actually, I'd give your rumours more weight than Barrett's.

When you're the best in the business, the pressure is on to make the big calls................even if you have to make them up.

Fair point, nothing categorically since though. MS3 also said Boyd was going nowhere for 5 years. Everyone has a different take on things.
He was fairly adamant on Gibbs staying, which was right. He also stated the $700k per year was off the mark (which it turned out to be).

MS3 doesnt get everything right, but he's got a better track record than most. I'd be inclined to say if he says something with confidence, I'd back it 100 times quicker than I would anything from flog Barett.

This is a rumour thread, and much like chinese whispers its just word of mouth....official sources wont say whats up because they dont want to play their hand.

I suspect its time we had an official source to the club on this site, as opposed to the MS3, EP, Crane6 rubbish. It would certainly knock a few rumours on the head before they gathered any steam.
www.carltonfc.com.au

There's the official word from the club. I can sum it up for you "oh, player x is a great player and we always want to have good players at our club. We havent spoken to him at this stage, but we will have to wait and see come trade period".

I believe that this is a ploy as we are really after a guy called Bret Thornton as the Giants say he is the next big thing. Maybe Barrett was on acid and viewed Mitchell and Patton in the same room once?

What's with this Ms3 hate. From my memory Ms3 is right more than they are wrong.

even if he got more wrong than right, that wouldn't stop him being a very good source..... I guess we have to appreciate that there are so many balls up in the air right now that in the end even if nothing eventuated that didn't mean that the club wasn't going down this path.

Fair point, nothing categorically since though. MS3 also said Boyd was going nowhere for 5 years. Everyone has a different take on things.

MS3, Crane 6 & EP (haven't seen for a while), are more often correct than not, especially with match day selection.

On players coming to Carlton, the club most likely are talking to those players, but just because the rumour doesn't eventuate doesn't mean it isn't true - just because the club goes after a player doesn't mean we're going to get them, most likely we're not going to get them, that player might not like our offer, they may decide to stay at their original club, they may get a better offer from another club, or they may be simply talking to other clubs because their manager wants to push their price up (didn't work for Dustin Martin, though)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because I have you covered in supercoach this week there is no need to get upset!
Yeah you got me this week, but we may have to kick you out of The Carlton League, you haven't got one Carlton player in your team

Going to get grumpy at myself now posting a non rumour post in here

He was fairly adamant on Gibbs staying, which was right. He also stated the $700k per year was off the mark (which it turned out to be).

MS3 doesnt get everything right, but he's got a better track record than most. I'd be inclined to say if he says something with confidence, I'd back it 100 times quicker than I would anything from flog Barett.

This is a rumour thread, and much like chinese whispers its just word of mouth....official sources wont say whats up because they dont want to play their hand.
People need to give MS3 and these other reliable sources a break.
Of course not every rumour is going to be correct cause things can change everyday within the club.
If there consistently letting out reliable info im okay with it! People need to get off their backs

www.carltonfc.com.au

There's the official word from the club. I can sum it up for you "oh, player x is a great player and we always want to have good players at our club. We havent spoken to him at this stage, but we will have to wait and see come trade period".

My point was perhaps there could be an 'official' poster from the club. Seems silly to speculate

I find it a joke that people are questioning MS3. He relays valid info without exaggerating or sensationalising it. As someone said just before, if the club are having discussions about targeting a player and it does not eventuate, that does not mean MS3 was incorrect - it's not 100% in the club's control. Hell, I wish it was, and that internal discussions were in fact binding and legally enforceable to the rest of the AFL. But they don't, so he can only relay what he hears. Take it or leave it... no one is forcing you to read his posts.

Thankfully it only looks like a few flogs who have voiced criticism (completely invalid, for what it's worth), because when someone with a good track record is actually kind enough to pass on some inside goss for some random jerks on the internet, we should be appreciative rather than exceedingly dubious. Not exactly the same, but a few years ago mojo was a great draft writer, knew everything about each draft crop and provided insanely comprehensive scouting reports. A few armchair experts took a break from bagging out Jordan Russell and gave him schtick, and he eventually fled. Memory might have failed me on some details, and mojo was not a man without flaws, but geez we are poorer for his absence and the absence of his immense recruiting knowledge.

Anyway, we should be bagging out Damian Barrett. His 'breaking' stories hold the weight and rigour of a soggy wafer biscuit, and the shameless plug he gets from Channel 9 makes me want to set fire to my TV. That deal would be fantastic for us, but I can't see it happening. Why the heck would GWS trade Patton (#1 2011) + Lobb (#29 2013) for a 1st & 3rd rounder? Can't stand stupid speculation like that.

#getboyd

I honestly can't see why anyone who brings a credible rumour to this board would be criticised, People who have these contacts are assuming ALL the risk, if they have club contacts they risk them by breaking confidence, I guarantee that someone from the club reads bigfooty they would be remiss if they didn't. Therefore the club knows that this information gets out, So before we ridicule anyone for bringing there confidential information lets take a second to appreciate the risk it takes to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back