The Toon Army thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CarterS said:
I was cringing when i saw Titus' own goal. Lucky weve got world class up front to make up for errors down back.

Actually it was Nobbys own goal, not really Titus' fault, wat else was he supposed to do, let it run through to the west ham player? Nobby was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

Souness reveals Boum heartache
from nufc.com

Interesting quotes from the manager about our French central defender:

"Jean-Alain has had problems off the pitch. His little lad has had several operations and his wife has been seriously ill.

"Jean-Alain has had a great deal to put up with.

"People don't realise how much it affects him but he has got on with his game.

"I work with him every day and I can see his character.

"He is the first one to hold up his hand if he makes a mistake. He is still new and getting used to English football.

"He has been in our football nearly a year and I'm very happy with him."

Well then, there's the explanation for Boumsong's transition from cyborg to Titus this season.

Hopefully it all turns out for the best sooner rather than later.

Souey has been told he has no money to spend in January.

He's targetting Bridge (makes perfect sense for both parties) and Huth (better than nothing) for loan deals, however.

dyertribe said:

He's targetting Bridge (makes perfect sense for both parties) and Huth (better than nothing) for loan deals, however.

well he spent how much on getting Parker, Luque, Owen and Emre? I'm not surprised there is no money for you lot to spend.

And i am also looking forward to the match against Newcastle on Boxing Day. Still saddens me to see Owen running around in a Newcastle shirt but it will be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets when he returns to Anfield for the first time. A good one i hope.

Ed_Gein said:
it will be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets when he returns to Anfield for the first time. A good one i hope.

A standing applause as the great man walks out of the tunnel and bottles to the head after he nets a double and gives us a 2-1 away win :D

dyertribe said:

If this rumour from the Guardian is true, he might have a bit of cash to spend. Has anyone seen him play tho?

And, just 116 days after signing a £9.5m contract, Albert Luque is on his way out of Newcastle. He doesn't like the cold, apparently, and Barça and Real Madrid are more than happy to take him back to sunnier climes. They'll not be forking out anywhere near £9m, mind.

Ford Fairlane said:
If this rumour from the Guardian is true, he might have a bit of cash to spend. Has anyone seen him play tho?

And, just 116 days after signing a £9.5m contract, Albert Luque is on his way out of Newcastle. He doesn't like the cold, apparently, and Barça and Real Madrid are more than happy to take him back to sunnier climes. They'll not be forking out anywhere near £9m, mind.

Paper talk, english papers do what they do best.

Freddie huffed and puffed and issued an emphatic, indignant denial on the NUFC web site. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing ... ;)

That would be do-able, because we'd still have Emre and N'Zogbia who can play on the left, so Gravesen and Parker could line up in the middle, which would be a nice and tough pair, but I think when he gets fit his attacking flair will really help us out. Keep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would be crazy to let Luque go, he is as good a left sided player as any in England, i would prefer to have Luque fit and firing on the left and keep Emre in middle with Parker. I think we would lack a bit of creativity with Graveson and Parker but hey if Real are gonna give us the 5m as well then it would be hard to knock back.

Personally would like to see some stability within the club and probably leave the transfer window alone unless of course we can score CB, someone like Bridge could come as a bargain but other than that i would like to stay away from this transfer window.

The club will be on the look out for another CF atthe endof the season when Shearer goes so i would prefer for us to save what $$$ we have for then. We have a strong enough squad as it is at the moment and should keep quiet until the end of the season.

cheers

Half time against Liverpool, we are 2 - 0 down. It would be 4-5 if not for Super Shay.

We have been absolutely pathetic! We have no shape, no creativity, we aren't even closing them down when they have the ball, we are just sitting back and letting them control the game, which they are doing completely. Taylor has done his shoulder again and we look absolutely lost without Parker.

Our 2 wins look like they were just smoothing over the cracks. The defence is COMPLETELY lost, Boumsong and Babayaro have no idea what they're doing out there. Owen looks embarrassed to be out there in our colours.

If Souness uses injuries as an excuse for this loss then I'm liable to go over there and wring his neck myself!

Nothing bad to say about the forwards because they haven't even touched the ball yet!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

I'm losing my hair supporting this rabble!

Pathetic, uninspiring performance!

Do we have any sort of style to our game?

Our passing has been shocking, most of the players dont seem to have the hunger and work ethic to chase and tackle. Not the difference between Liverpool's clinical passing, work ethic, the want to get the ball back after they lose it (or we give it immediately back to them). It is really pathetic that a side consisting of players of the calibre of Shearer, Owen, Luque and Solano cant even look like playing football.

There is no run or movement to create space for others to run into. God i hope no more of our games are on TV over here as i cant stand watching that type of performance again.

Add to that Solano should of been sent off, Bowyer was sent off and Taylor is going to be out for 3 months or so i would imagine.

Oh and apparently Gerrard has said after the match that Bowyer should of received a yellow and that Gerrard over reacted to it all. Im surprised nothing happened about Gerrard, not even a yellow. Shearer should of smacked him!

Time to cut our losses and spend some money to get a decent manager in. Im sick of watching ******** football even the West Ham game we didnt play 'that' well and Liverpool showed us up by playing some mint football today. Get Souness out and get someone who knows what they are doing in.

Why didnt Solano start on the right?

Well done Liverpool that was the best i have seen a side play all year i reckon. Some class movement and clinical passing, probably 2-0 doesnt reflect how well they actually played and how ******** we played.

All hail the best keeper in the world, Shay Given!

Agree on all counts wellsy. Not much more to add. So...frustrating...

I cant really comment on the 2nd half, because i didn't see much of it apart from the Bowyer tackle. i couldn't stand it.

That game really showed how important Parker is to our setup. Next captain right there.

I'll defend Bowyer over and over though, he was one of the only players who was giving their 100%, didn't deserve a red card, got it on reputation for mine. If we had four Bowyers in midfield they wouldnt have gotten it so easy.

Time for Souness to be let on his way, he obviously doesn't what's needed to take us forward.

But, i must say Bramble >> Boumsong. Boumsong is even more error prone than Bramble. Time to give Ramage a shot at centreback, Boumsong was like a headless chicken out there.

Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if Owen and Given both left at the end of the season. Nor would I blame them.

Boumsong has had a bit of personal grief in the past x amount of months with his wife and son seriously ill in France and still he plys his trade week in week out knowing in the back of his mind at the time either one could of passed away. So im leaving him be, maybe he should take some time off and be with his family for now. Football at the moment is the least of his worries and he certainly isnt helping the cause as harsh as it sounds.

Push Ramage to CB and possibly Gate to RB while Carr is on the mend along with the forgotten Aussie Craig 'when will i be fit' Moore. Gee Moore would be handy at this present time but gee it is about time he repays some of the faith Souness had in him at the start of the season. Its been that long i dont even remember what his injury is.... i think it was a loss of the hamstring, might have been removed hence he cant walk so who knows? But it is a bloody long injury. Maybe him and Bling Bling are on the p1ss (how come p1ss is blocked out in this?) somewhere or having a err roasting ;)

These things can be a spur to greater things though, during Bowyer's court case he would drive sometimes straight to a game from court and play some of the best football of his career. Your right though, we should let him have some time off.

To me Bramble looks like he is sorting himself out. I quite like him now.

I'm still mourning the loss of Woody though :(

bowyers proven that once a dog is always a dog'come january you guys should send him packing ,i think more than any other player newcastle missed emre the most against liverpool.

and how did solano get away with that handball?that was as blatant as you can get?im not bagging alan shearer cause he is a champion but sami hyypia made him his bitch ,when was the last time shearer scored against liverpool?

MagpieScouser said:
bowyers proven that once a dog is always a dog'come january you guys should send him packing ,i think more than any other player newcastle missed emre the most against liverpool.

and how did solano get away with that handball?that was as blatant as you can get?im not bagging alan shearer cause he is a champion but sami hyypia made him his bitch ,when was the last time shearer scored against liverpool?

How did crouch get off with that push, how did gerrard get off with his high attack at shearer. All hypotheticals reffing was sh|thouse this week in all games

MagpieScouser said:
im not bagging alan shearer cause he is a champion but sami hyypia made him his bitch ,when was the last time shearer scored against liverpool?

6th December,2003 @ St. James

But still if the ball went anywhere towards Shearer or our players had created chances during the game then he might of had a chance of scoring. Fact is we created nothing therefore it wasnt hard to dominate Shearer or Owen, my mother could of put in the same performance as a Carragher or Hyypia.

MagpieScouser said:

1) Yes, Bowyer is a dog.
2) His reputation, Alonso's playacting and that incompetent git Halsey conspired to hand him a red - we've appealed the card, and rightly so.
3) We missed Scott Parker more than we missed Emre.
4) Crouch should've gone. Raised his hands and started what was potentially an all-in brawl. His actions were spotted, so for him to only receive a yellow was laughable.

My thoughts.

# We were never going to get anything with Faye and Zog starting in central midfield against Stevie G. I'll take the 2-0 loss thanks very much - we've suffered heavier defeats at Anfield bringing a far better crew to the table.

# Having said that, I'll never know why Souness didn't start Bowyer beside Faye with Nobby on the right in the first place. More fight, more experience, more ability, more balance. You could tell Nobby wasn't happy with coming from the bench given his lacklustre and disinterested display.

# Our medical staff are complete and utter ****wits. The vast majority of us here with backgrounds in Aussie Rules could tell you that you can't cure shoulder dislocations with rest - it's surgery or surgery. Yet we give Taylor a month or so's rest and send him out against a bloke who's 6'7"... see you next season Steven.

# Bowyer's sending off was a disgrace. To dive in was idiotic, but it wasn't worth a straight red - even Gerrard admitted as much afterwards, and thankfully we're appealing it.

# Crouch should've gone. Bowyer is actually facing court for his handbags at 20 paces with Kieron Dyer late last season, Crouch gets a yellow for physically shoving Bowyer over. Reputation's a bitch.

# To all those - especially the sky commentators - who constantly question Boumsong, apart from his personal troubles which have already been highlighted in this thread, just what support did/does he receive?

Liverpool were all over us and all Boum had for support was a woeful Ramage, underdone Taylor, scouse hero Titus, abysmal Babayaro (his positioning is NSL-standard) and headless Faye - it is no coincidence he plays to his true ability when Scott Parker is shielding him and he has a decent partner beside him (a fully fit Steven Taylor). He can't do it all himself.

# I felt dreadfully sorry for Alan, Owen and Shay. Three players who were/are undeniably world class who have to put up with this crap week-in week-out.

If Shay hands in a transfer request in the near future I will not begrudge him one bit. He deserves to be leading sides to Premiership and Champions League glory, rather than serve as a professional goalmouth toothpick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back