The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Another win! 3 in a row. Atsu and Lascelles again with the goals in a 2-1 triumph. Probably should have won by a few more but 3 points is 3 points.

Yep, solid win. Should have been 4 or 5 goals scored, Joselu missed a couple of absolute sitters.

1-1 to Liverpool overnight - Joselu with one on the luckiest goals you'll see. Mind you, he's been pretty bad at finishing recently so will hopefully do his confidence wonders.

Perhaps most interestingly, Amanda Staveley a businesswoman with links to the Middle East watched our game and met players and Rafa. Reportedly heading up a group worth about 28billion!

Hopefully a takeover materialises. Never really wanted to be a cashed up team that burns money but if it means an owner with ambition who'll want to see the club progress and Rafa getting funds to play with (plus the back of Ashley) I say why the heck not! :p

1-1 to Liverpool overnight - Joselu with one on the luckiest goals you'll see. Mind you, he's been pretty bad at finishing recently so will hopefully do his confidence wonders.

Perhaps most interestingly, Amanda Staveley a businesswoman with links to the Middle East watched our game and met players and Rafa. Reportedly heading up a group worth about 28billion!

Hopefully a takeover materialises. Never really wanted to be a cashed up team that burns money but if it means an owner with ambition who'll want to see the club progress and Rafa getting funds to play with (plus the back of Ashley) I say why the heck not! :p
Surprised you found the time to watch the game.. Only celebrate a flag for one night? Disappointing!!

Really impressed with Shelvey last night, he can be a damn good player when he pulls his finger out

We're officially for sale! Now just need some cashed up owner to come onboard who's willing to help the club progress!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Said to myself after the relegation I wouldn't watch until Ashley left...cant help myself right now though. Exciting times.

Read that his valuation was way in excess of actual worth but let's simply hope it gets done.
The man is a canker.
Heard HMRC issues might mean it actually happens this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said to myself after the relegation I wouldn't watch until Ashley left...cant help myself right now though. Exciting times.
I know he cops a lot of flack, and I've sure dished it out myself
But now it's on the market I do respect him for making us a financially viable club and knowing that we won't go under and I'll always have a club.

Have I gone soft?

I know he cops a lot of flack, and I've sure dished it out myself
But now it's on the market I do respect him for making us a financially viable club and knowing that we won't go under and I'll always have a club.

Have I gone soft?
Yes

Can't say I'm surprised how quiet this thread has been. We've looked awful lately.

Snatched an undeserved draw against WBA and were made to look like shit against Man U and Chelsea, despite grabbing the lead in both those games.

Slowly drifting towards the bottom 3

I've barely gotten onto BigFooty the last few months - been super busy with my new job. Got through my probation and seems I can access the site during work lol.

I think we'll stay up with the current squad - Rafa alone gives us an edge but gee whiz we are such a blue collar team. Watched the Chelsea game on SBS on the weekend and we have very few genuine PL quality players who can come in and impose themselves. Essentially we are a Championship side with maybe 5-6 players who could probably play regularly in the PL at other clubs (mind you, at lower half clubs). Absence of stars in the team at present.

Need the takeover to go through - ideally before Christmas so Rafa can strengthen. Our lack of spending in the summer really hurting us (Ashley pocketed something like 30m last year from player sales but I guess since he knew he was going to sell the club, made sense for him to pocket the cash and not sign any big signings to inflate the wage bill).

P.S, anyone see the Mackem fan taking a dump in the stands on the weekend? Truly the stadium of shite! :poo:

Need a good result to help slow this skid we are in, 3 points at home to Leicester on the weekend would be a good start, despite overall poor performances away to Man Utd and Chelsea, our starts were pretty good (particularly at Old Trafford) need a fast start at home against Leicester, get the crowd up, get the players confidence levels up and we can get a good result I think.

Even if we get beaten as long as there is a decent performance that they can build from over the coming weeks that would be a step in the right direction, if we stink the joint out like we did at home to Watford the other week then that would be disastrous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing result, once again we start well before fading away. Was good to see Gayle score again and also Joselu to get one after what’s been a long time.

We lack quality but we don’t look too bad when we play fast and move the ball, particularly early on but when the games settle down we can’t seem to hang onto any ascendency, this pattern was evident against Man Utd, Watford and Chelsea before repeating last night.
Early on in the season we looked to be fairly well organised at the back and as it was evident that we lacked firepower, defensive cohesion was going to to be really critical to how we play, that looked to be working ok for the first couple of months but we have now conceded 15 in our last 5, missing Lascelles hasn’t helped but even with him we look vulnerable at the back, Mbemba is struggling, Lejurne is still adapting to the English game and Clark isn’t premier league quality, Yedlin offers some pace going forward but isn’t great defensively either. Another guy who started well but seems to be struggling of late is Merino, been really sloppy on the ball over the last couple of weeks, his turnover in the middle led to their 1st last night.

All this means is that we desperately need investment in the squad in Jan, if it doesn’t come we will be in the thick of a relegation scrap come the run in, whether that comes from new owners (if the club has been sold) or by Ashley (who still needs to protect his asset) it needs to happen, Everton mid week is going to be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's life back in the Prem going?

Haven't been on for a while but much better now than when you last asked the q haha. Our form over the festive season has been decent - back to back away wins, a narrow loss to City and a draw to Brighton helped push us back up the table.

Think Miss Staveley also registered a new company this morning so the takeover may happen soon football gods willing.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back