The TRADE possibilities thread. [MERGED]

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Brain Lake

we should go hard and offer him what ever he wants tell him name his price

PSD Threat would be lovely too
We could offer them peanuts word him up with the pay cheque and outbid melbourne who might not be interested anyway gotta be ruthless
i think hardwick will be in all matters

Richmond could be a real threat with the second pick in PSD (I doubt Melbourne's interest.) I don't think Lake would dog us over and leave in the PSD so you'd have to give us something to make it worth our while.

Don't want a bar of Lake the cramping bastard. Keep him away from the RFC.

Hah, good call RFC that was very sneaky of him that time.

Seriously though, this will just turn into those "I would give Troy Simmonds, pick 900, JON and a mars bar for Brian Lake" type threads

We would probably have to give up picks which in my opinion is not something the RFC will be interested in doing (and rightly so)

Disagree completely. Lake is 27, we should be drafting young players to build into a solid unit around our midfield.

yeah you can do that but who are the kids going to learn off he is 27 and still has up to six years left in him. its all well and good to keep getting the kids into the side but you still need experience in the side

Yeah he has had a real good year but not sure i would let him name his price , not a Judd.
Would find it alot harder at Richmond than the Dogs , dont forget he is playing in a fairly handy backline at the Dogs.
I would rather throw money at a Joel Selwood than Lake yeah out of contract and all but you would still have to give up alot as Melbourne would definatly have a go.

Either way personally not interested in Lake.

Hah, good call RFC that was very sneaky of him that time.

Seriously though, this will just turn into those "I would give Troy Simmonds, pick 900, JON and a mars bar for Brian Lake" type threads

We would probably have to give up picks which in my opinion is not something the RFC will be interested in doing (and rightly so)

Yeah people always forget the opposition side needs to be happy.

The formula for trade discussions is about what you said although then someone comes on and defends on of the things we are offering up for trade saying that it is of some value and so why should we part with it.

Dont give up a mars bar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we shoudn't.
Develop our own players and not try and take short cuts.
High quality players don't just go in the PSD either, if we want him we would have to give up pick 3 probably. or our second round pick, and find another one to give the dogs.
Good player but no thanks, lets make a team the correct way for a change

Being that there is no point bottoming out over the next couple of years with the new teams coming into the league (yeah good move picking up Graham in your first year Wallace you f**king idiot)

And being that we potentially have a lot of cap space with veterens retiring,

If it is going to otherwise go unused then why not throw a ton of money at Lake if there is no-one else to poach in the preseason draft (trading draft picks is obviously off the table).

Other then the fact that is a damn good player and is the general we need down back, worst comes to the worst you could always trade him to Sydney or the gold coast a year later (or enable us to move on a Mcguane).

At this point we have to be ruthless and think outside of the square if we are going to get anywhere.

Realistically we aren't going to get him for nix in the preaseon however why not offer him 500k over 4 years? (heavily front loaded if salary cap permits) at worst it may force another bulldog out that we can snap up (if they have anyone else uncontracted).

Remove this Banner Ad

The TRADE possibilities thread. [MERGED]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back