The Transfer Rumours Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Chelsea want Villa, he'll go there. I'd say it's highly likely they'll want him.

Whether they'll go against the process of the new business model that Kenyon the ****wit was going on about the other day? Highly likely. Depends on Roman.

Whether they'll go against the process of the new business model that Kenyon the ****wit was going on about the other day? Highly likely. Depends on Roman.

It's funny how his financial model of "self-sufficiency" has been delayed a year. Surely if you're self-sufficient, you'll get through any economic situations.

Anyway, he can do wahtever business model he likes. The bottom line is that Chelsea don't have the same supporter base as larger clubs, so they can't sustain their spending or their wage structure in the long term.

Arsenal defender William Gallas is ready to quit the club in January after being stripped of the Gunners' captaincy and would welcome a move to AC Milan.

Chelsea are lining up a move for £3m-rated SC Braga striker Orlandon Sa.

Tottenham hope to sign former Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah and Portsmouth defender Glen Johnson.

Ex-Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari claims Chelsea star Michael Essien - his team-mate for Ghana - is set join him and former Blues boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

Panathinaikos want to sign Chelsea defender Alex on loan in January.

West Ham will resist any interest in their England defender Matthew Upson but are willing to listen to offers for striker Dean Ashton

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson will be given a £5m transfer kitty for the January transfer window.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has slapped a £10m price tag on England striker Emile Heskey.
Reading goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann says he is "flattered" by the interest of Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp and says he fears for his future with the Royals.

Blackburn have accepted it will be difficult for them to hold on to striker Roque Santa Cruz - a target for former Rovers boss Mark Hughes at Manchester City - in January.

City are ridiculous going after a Buffon or Casillas. Joe Hart is fine.

Their defensive problems aren't due to their goalkeeper. They're better off buying 2 world class 25m pound CB's.

City are ridiculous going after a Buffon or Casillas. Joe Hart is fine.

If there was half a chance of getting Buffon or Casillas we would be ridiculous not to make the effort.

Their defensive problems aren't due to their goalkeeper. They're better off buying 2 world class 25m pound CB's.

I'm sure we'll be looking at CB's as well, owners probably someone like Chiellini, Hughes someone like Samba. Toure has been fairly strongly linked too.

If Chelsea are willing to let Alex go ... can we have him? :eek:

If there was half a chance of getting Buffon or Casillas we would be ridiculous not to make the effort.

I mean in terms of money. Unless it is literally no problem at all and there's no limit. GK is not a high priority IMO compared to other areas, where the money would be better off spent.

David Nugent to Everton is a rumour that seams to be gathering momentum. I wouldn't be too unhappy with that signing, as he would get a good run of games at Everton and if it doesn't work out, i'm sure a cashed up CCC club would snap him up pretty quickly. Wages shouldn't be an issue either.

Liverpool does, hopefully Newcastle can make a few quality signings in January, see them move up the table a bit.

We're apparently making 2, each player worth 6m each for a total of 12m.

So I doubt they'll be 'quality' but at the very least at least they'll give us some much needed depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owen wont take anything less than 100k.

I agree FC, would rather him leave for free than anything under 5mil.

Well if we get offers for him in January (which I'm fairly sure we will), we have to weigh up whether or not that offer is of equal or greater value than what Owen can give to us in the 5 months from January - May.

Owen scores goals, that's one thing he does, and if his goals can keep us in the English Premier League, I'd much rather him stay and let him leave for free at the end of the window, than perhaps accept a sub-standard bid for him because we don't want to get nothing.

It'd have to be more than 5m definitely, and even then it would depend.

Didn't Ashely offer Owen 150k a week to sign an extension with Newcastle?

It'll be funny if the only English offers Owen gets are from clubs like Bolton, Sunderland, or Fulham. The best he could hope for is Villa or Everton as I doubt that United, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea would be interested.

I reckon he'll either stay at Newcastle or sign for one of the big Turkish clubs.

If Everton can get the funds Owen would be perfect or them. They need a striker, Owen wants to leave. It's just a matter of them finding the required money and offering the right amount of money.

If Everton can get the funds Owen would be perfect or them. They need a striker, Owen wants to leave. It's just a matter of them finding the required money and offering the right amount of money.

Louis Saha and Michael Owen. Everton will need to get some extra medical staff just to take care of these two players.

Didn't Ashely offer Owen 150k a week to sign an extension with Newcastle?

It'll be funny if the only English offers Owen gets are from clubs like Bolton, Sunderland, or Fulham. The best he could hope for is Villa or Everton as I doubt that United, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Chelsea would be interested.

I reckon he'll either stay at Newcastle or sign for one of the big Turkish clubs.
Will not happen.

Owen to City is a possibility I guess, we'd probably work out fairly well for him on a few fronts, he'd probably work out fairly well for us on a few fronts.

Reckon he'll see out his contract and look for a big money Bosman move though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back