Media The Unluckiest Man In Qooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
G6RMWbo.png

For some Qooty and the Sweet F.A makes the impossible, possible. Here in this great place of ours is where one can fulfil their life goals and make their dreams a vibrant reality. What they could not do in the fake-world, they can do here in the real world. With the good, however, comes the bad and for some their dreams may never become reality and their ambitions are cut with a knife, leaving a huge hole in them. For some, tears of joy, for others, tears of immense pain and sadness. Clubs win premierships, while others are resigned to the bottom of the barrel. Individuals have cabinets full of silverware, while others have cabinets full of pieces of wooden objects and red ribbons. For the centrepiece of our article today, we will be focussing on the latter. The heading of this article should have been a dead giveaway, considering everyone likes to make fun of this player as much as he likes to make mention of his misfortunes in the Sweet F.A himself.

I have spent a long time pondering why it is that people make remarks in their posts, as if to suggest that this player is incredibly unlucky. It has always baffled me. It is also very cruel to make fun of ones misfortunes - Moderators should be banning these posters (/s). With Season 31 coming to a close, and the awards season approaching, I thought it the most appropriate of times to write about this topic.

This is the story of DemonJim - the unluckiest man in Qooty.

T4X4WQ0.png

Posters poking fun, being mean to DemonJim. - Sweet F.A (mixed dates & times)

I want to take you back to the month of March, 2014. The completion of Round 17 in the leagues 17th season. Nearing the final days of the month, heading in to the final home and away fixture of the season, the Mount Buller Demons sit atop the ladder with a record of 12-5, having just beat a 2(almost)-season-old club in the Gold City Royals. With one round to go, all bar 3 (of 10) clubs - Baghdad Bombers (7th), East Side Hawks (5th), and the West Coast Wonders (6th) - had either been eliminated from finals contention or clinched a finals berth. The three clubs would be fighting it out in the final round for the remaining spots in the finals series.

In what was already set to be a huge round, with the West Coast Wonders (6th) playing host to the Mount Buller Demons (1) in Rivalry Round part two. Behind the scenes, unbeknownst to anyone in the Sweet F.A, something else rather spectacular was playing out, which would not come in to view until the afternoon of May 20, 2014 - the Season 17 Mobbenfuhrer Medal count, the night it all really started going (down hill) for our friend Jim.

Season 17 was a season of great Qooty from some great players and spookism. The Mobbenfuhrer Medal is a most prestigious award as were the names vying for it in Season 17. As the home & away fixture came to a close, based on statistics it was going to be a close race. lanky_wes, the previous seasons runner up was leading the DT Points ahead of MannumPower and Marlowe. Gee Dub and Mr Gor atop the disposal getters list. DemonJim, 13 tackles ahead of next best lanky_wes, also featuring heavily was Hall of Fame member Eth and spookism who did something, I am not sure what, but I am sure of it being something.

Round 17 votes on Mobbenfuhrer Medal Night rolled around, and at the completion of all the games played in that round, lanky_wes, leading DemonJim 22 votes to 19 with one round to go was declared the Season 17 Mobbenfuhrer Medallist, with the only player being able to tie and become a joint-winner, being DemonJim. The kicker here is, the above match-up mentioned gave DemonJim the ultimate chance to tie for the Medal, for the teams line-ups were as follows:

West Coast Wonders FOLL: Brown Bottle, DEMONJIM, PVF
vs.
Mount Buller Demons FOLL: Danger in Texas, LANKY_WES, Eth

DemonJim, who polled in 8 of the first 12 games, had been rather scant on votes since Round 12, having just picked up votes (4) in 2 of his last 5 games. Coming off an impressive 33 disposals, DemonJim really looked like a chance in this head to head match-up. It was a match-up that at the time probably did not have much stock put into it, but all DemonJim had to do was negate his direct competition and play a good game. Instead, the story played out as follows: DemonJim had his ass handed to him by lanky_wes before being dragged in the final minutes of the third quarter.

lanky_wes would pick up the 3 votes, extending his victory margin and opening the door for Marlowe of the Gold City Royals to finish in equal second with DemonJim. This was the beginning and how the myth of DemonJim being the unluckiest man in Qooty started.

FsxVlCL.png

Mobbenfuhrer Medal Placings, DemonJim - Season 15 -30

Since his second place finish in Season 17, DemonJim, for those unaware, has been a consistent vote-getter in the Sweet F.A. He is the leagues all time leading vote-getter, as at the end of Season 30. In Season 30, DemonJim became the first player to register 200 votes and sit atop the leader board by an incredible 47 votes. However, with all those votes DemonJim has yet to get his hands on a Mobbenfuhrer Medal.

As noted above in the graphic, DemonJim has finished as follows:

2nd in Season 20
5th in Season 23
2nd in Season 24
3rd in Season 27
2nd in Season 29

When you take a moment to digest, and compare his finishes with the likes of Ant Bear, larrikin, Ljp86, Nunez and & Wacky Tiger, all of which have won the medal on two occasions you might think that DemonJim is indeed unlucky. Or shit. Either or. I am not here to wage a war on the explicit meaning of luck. For the purpose of this, we will say our friend Jim is just unlucky. DemonJim is the only player to have been the runner up in 4 seasons, and the only player to have finished second or third in 5 seasons.

FRIENDLY JIM

As is always the case, I want to take a small (might be here a while) moment to reflect on DemonJim and his career in the Sweet F.A. The only way I know how, is to have a conversation with him in order to get a better picture to put forward to the dear readers who have probably not even made it this far in to the thread yet. So, that is what I did. 4 or so months ago, I sent DemonJim a message and unlike Tarkyn_24, it was me this time who put this on the shelf until I was really ready to write something.

On November 7, of the year 2011 DemonJim made his debut in Season 14, Round 01 for the West Coast Wonders in their season-opener against the Roys FFC. It was a mighty fine display, a clear indication of how dominant Jim would become, in his first debut match - helping his club to a victory by putting up 23 disposals and 2 goals.

This match was not the first taste of Qooty or the Sweet F.A for DJ, as he tells me:

"I had found SFA early on. Checked it out but didn't post anywhere except for a thread where Mobbs had added Exie (SC) points. I then forgot about it for a while until there was an exhibition match on the Melbourne Board. I joined in there and we all had a bit of fun. This is where the idea of the West Gate Trolls was born."

The exhibition match that is spoken of above was two months prior to Season 14 - contested between the Melbourne Board, which turned in to the West Gate Trolls (check our coming soon threads...) and the Mount Buller Demons. DemonJim had signed up for the exhibition match to play for the Melbourne Board as either one of the following: FF, CHF or CHB. The bid was eventually rejected, which Jim says ended "in a scramble of clubs vying for the remains of the leftover players from the failed bid. I decided to go with the Wonders along with Wise Guy Sam."

He would play 80 games for the West Coast Wonders, picking up a best and fairest in Season 17, and leading the goalkicking for the club in Season 15 & 16. I almost forgot to bring it up again... DemonJim also finished second in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 17. To which he had this to say about the eventual winner: "that damn flog (lanky_wes) stole my first chance at the Mobbs Medal!"

As Season 18 rolled around, a new club was looking to enter, rather re-enter the Sweet F.A for the first time since Season 07, the Las Vegas Bears. Throwing out the "feelers", as Jim notes, one from pantskyle (or) Broken landed on the desk of a Wonder who was feeling a bit down and out, or "stale" at the West Coast Wonders. To touch briefly on this, DJ notes that the expansion club was very much a pantskyle and Broken team, until Broken pulled away, which in the end saw DemonJim become the co-Captain of the side. After 2 seasons at the club, pantskyle would part with the captaincy, being replaced by league funny guy brahj.

In the Season 24 Mobbenfuhrer Medal count, with one round to go the leader board was as follows:

19 Votes - DemonJim
18 Votes - brahj, @LadyGodava

You guessed it, he was done over in what was his third good chance at winning the Medal, only this time, by his former co-Captain!

Here are DemonJim's reflections on his captaincy, and co-captains during his time at the Las Vegas Bears:

"Pants did most of the hard stuff, and the first couple seasons I didn't actually do much. Then Kyle gave up the captaincy to brahj, and since he was relatively new and then went afk for a fair chunk, I was trusted into the active role of naming sides and doing captaincy stuff.
During my time in the naming of teams I made a boo-boo (that my LG didn't pick up) and that flog admin decided to suspend brahj and I for a week. We went to Thailand. It was a wonderful trip."

I know we have time warped a bit here, but I did touch base with Jim on his second place in Season 20, being beat by MannumPower of the Sin City Swamprats (huge surprise!):

"I don't think I was expecting much this season.
Was surprised when I got up there but then the inevitable occurred."

By this point, it seems fairly clear DemonJim had given up on love winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. Poor Jim.

At the end of Season 22, DemonJim left the Las Vegas Bears for the Mount Buller Demons. The end of Season 21 was tough for Jim, as he tells me he had decided to relinquish his duties as the captain of the Las Vegas Bears. He recalls that although this was his decision, he, but not to his knowledge, was being targeted in a coup to install Matera92 & kane249 as leaders of the Las Vegas Bears. While Jim put on a happy face and played out the following season, he tells me he knew his "time was up playing for the bears with that betrayal."

The Mount Buller Demons, in particular cats2rise, approached DemonJim over the course of many seasons and when the time came, off he went to join them.

This was some sort of therapist session, really. I feel kind of bad for putting Jim through having to relive these dark moments.

Season 29 came around, and once again, DemonJim was in the mix. With one round to go, philreich (21), lead Carson Dial (20), and Barrybran & DemonJim (19). The last round saw philreich and Carson Dial fall out, while Barrybran would poll 3 votes to win the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. DemonJim polled 2 votes, with his mate Tarkyn_24 robbing him, as he usually does (in my case, robbery of joy), of his dream of finally winning that elusive Mobbenfuhrer medal.

On the Season 29 count and the expectations going in to the night, DemonJim tells me: "Thought I'd have a chance after two 2nd places and a 3rd in Season 27. But I knew that it wasn't to be. Instead, some flogs got the nod from the Sim. Pretty sure I didn't even look at the Mobbs presentation for S29 until the next day or even the day after that. No point, I knew the result wouldn't come my way. It is my lot in life."

As we have already touched on his placings in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, maybe Jim had a better time in other aspects of the league? Jim is renowned as being the one who just could not catch the fish and gets stirred up for the Mobbenfuhrer Medal placings, but they seem to forget that the Mount Buller Demons also lost in back-to-back Grand Finals in Season 28 to the Dragons FFC, and then again in Season 29 to the Sin City Swamprats. A hard life in Sweet it has seemingly been for DemonJim.

The question of most importance that I put to DemonJim is if he believes it will ever come to him (the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, that is...):

"For this to happen, I'd have to probably LEAVE FOR ANOTHER CLUB. Although I doubt that anyone would be willing to throw me in the ring for another shot at greatness."

DemonJim - open for business.

V03b1Rk.png

Will it happen? Will DemonJim ever win the Mobbenfuhrer Medal?
(pls ignore the space in DemonJim here... or pretend it is the void left by Jim not winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal)

GIVE ME A SPELL, JIM

What a dreary picture we have painted of the career of DemonJim, player for the Mount Buller Demons. Oh how unfair Qooty has been to Jim. The masses cry in droves at how DemonJim just never could get the job done, nothing good ever came to him. How they make fun of the poor guy for being a perennial runner up in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. He shall never be recognised as one of the greats, for he does not have possession of a Mobbenfuhrer Medal...

Give me a spell! I have seen posts from DemonJim himself making comments that to the outside appear he is moaning about being hard done by.

DemonJim is most definitely NOT the unluckiest man in Qooty. He is no God of Luck named ant555, but he is certainly far from being unlucky in any sense.

What the story forgets to make mention of is...

DemonJim is a Fred Medallist (S15), which he won in his first season as a full-time Full Forward. The position he would have likely played in had the West Gate Trolls got up. In his own words, he says that he was "quite the prolific forward in my early years before moving to the midfield." He goes on to suggest, and this is really not a big call, that "there is no doubt in my mind if I had stuck with goal craft that I would be the greatest FF in the game of Qooty. So much so I believe that Tarkyn_24 would have bowed out by now."

Now, hold on just a moment. It would appear there is fractures at the Mount Buller Demons. DemonJim stating that he would probably have to leave to get a Mobbenfuhrer Medal. Take that however you may, but it really makes you wonder... Quite Frankly, winning a Fred (named the AlfAndrews Medal back in DemonJim's day) Medal with the second lowest goals (47) needed to do so is impressive, far more impressive than anything Tarkyn_24 has done - so if DemonJim had ever said something so true, it would be his statement about being the greatest Full Forward in the Sweet F.A. He is probably already there. He may be some 606 goals off the top of the tally, but his 371 goals hold more weight than all the goals of every other player combined.

DemonJim is a FOUR TIME PREMIERSHIP PLAYER. Now how can you be complaining and making fun about such things when you are a four time premiership player, from SIX attempts. The Half Back would be rolling over about this. How can one be unlucky with that many cups? I will not accept such nonsense.

DemonJim is a Deestroy Medallist (the one you get for being best on ground in a Grand Final) in a Grand Final (Season 29) that he LOST! Unlucky?!?! Where?!?!

DemonJim is a 4 time selected All-SFA member and a member of the All-SFA All-Time squad... You need more luck than any amount of ClarkeMonies can buy to get in one of those sides!

DemonJim is a member of the Sweet F.A Hall of Fame. Do I really need to say much more? I hope not, because this thread has ran its course by now!

DemonJim.
Unlucky.
Jog on.

It is an outrage that there could be any outrage about the career of a player that is ahands down, bona fide superstar of the competition. There shall be no acceptance of ridiculous notions of the kind, but most importantly, please be kind to our friend Jim. :)

Cheers.

Other Season 31 Media:
The Mod Squad x The Modern Squad
The Great Tragedy A.K.A Screw You, Willo_

I Am Definitely The Best - S31 (we gave up after like Round 11)

Last edited:
G6RMWbo.png

For some Qooty and the Sweet F.A makes the impossible, possible. Here in this great place of ours is where one can fulfil their life goals and make their dreams a vibrant reality. What they could not do in the fake-world, they can do here in the real world. With the good, however, comes the bad and for some their dreams may never become reality and their ambitions are cut with a knife, leaving a huge hole in them. For some, tears of joy, for others, tears of immense pain and sadness. Clubs win premierships, while others are resigned to the bottom of the barrel. Individuals have cabinets full of silverware, while others have cabinets full of pieces of wooden objects and red ribbons. For the centrepiece of our article today, we will be focussing on the latter. The heading of this article should have been a dead giveaway, considering everyone likes to make fun of this player as much as he likes to make mention of his misfortunes in the Sweet F.A himself.

I have spent a long time pondering why it is that people make remarks in their posts, as if to suggest that this player is incredibly unlucky. It has always baffled me. It is also very cruel to make fun of ones misfortunes - Moderators should be banning these posters (/s). With Season 31 coming to a close, and the awards season approaching, I thought it the most appropriate of times to write about this topic.

T4X4WQ0.png

I want to take you back to the month of March, 2014. The completion of Round 17 in the leagues 17th season. Nearing the final days of the month, heading in to the final home and away fixture of the season, the Mount Buller Demons sit atop the ladder with a record of 12-5, having just beat a 2(almost)-season-old club in the Gold City Royals. With one round to go, all bar 3 (of 10) clubs - Baghdad Bombers (7th), East Side Hawks (5th), and the West Coast Wonders (6th) - had either been eliminated from finals contention or clinched a finals berth. The three clubs would be fighting it out in the final round for the remaining spots in the finals series.

In what was already set to be a huge round, with the West Coast Wonders (6th) playing host to the Mount Buller Demons (1) in Rivalry Round part two. Behind the scenes, unbeknownst to anyone in the Sweet F.A, something else rather spectacular was playing out, which would not come in to view until the afternoon of May 20, 2014 - the Season 17 Mobbenfuhrer Medal count, the night it all really started going (down hill) for our friend Jim.

Season 17 was a season of great Qooty from some great players and spookism. The Mobbenfuhrer Medal is a most prestigious award as were the names vying for it in Season 17. As the home & away fixture came to a close, based on statistics it was going to be a close race. lanky_wes, the previous seasons runner up was leading the DT Points ahead of MannumPower and Marlowe. Gee Dub and Mr Gor atop the disposal getters list. DemonJim, 13 tackles ahead of next best lanky_wes, also featuring heavily was Hall of Fame member Eth and spookism who did something, I am not sure what, but I am sure of it being something.

Round 17 votes on Mobbenfuhrer Medal Night rolled around, and at the completion of all the games played in that round, lanky_wes, leading DemonJim 22 votes to 19 with one round to go was declared the Season 17 Mobbenfuhrer Medallist, with the only player being able to tie and become a joint-winner, being DemonJim. The kicker here is, the above match-up mentioned gave DemonJim the ultimate chance to tie for the Medal, for the teams line-ups were as follows:

vs.

DemonJim, who polled in 8 of the first 12 games, had been rather scant on votes since Round 12, having just picked up votes (4) in 2 of his last 5 games. Coming off an impressive 33 disposals, DemonJim really looked like a chance in this head to head match-up. It was a match-up that at the time probably did not have much stock put into it, but all DemonJim had to do was negate his direct competition and play a good game. Instead, the story played out as follows: DemonJim had his ass handed to him by lanky_wes before being dragged in the final minutes of the third quarter.

lanky_wes would pick up the 3 votes, extending his victory margin and opening the door for Marlowe of the Gold City Royals to finish in equal second with DemonJim. This was the beginning and how the myth of DemonJim being the unluckiest man in Qooty started.

FsxVlCL.png

Since his second place finish in Season 17, DemonJim, for those unaware, has been a consistent vote-getter in the Sweet F.A. He is the leagues all time leading vote-getter, as at the end of Season 30. In Season 30, DemonJim became the first player to register 200 votes and sit atop the leader board by an incredible 47 votes. However, with all those votes DemonJim has yet to get his hands on a Mobbenfuhrer Medal.

2nd in Season 20
5th in Season 23
2nd in Season 24
3rd in Season 27
2nd in Season 29

When you take a moment to digest, and compare his finishes with the likes of Ant Bear, larrikin, Ljp86, Nunez and & Wacky Tiger, all of which have won the medal on two occasions you might think that DemonJim is indeed unlucky. Or sh*t. Either or. I am not here to wage a war on the explicit meaning of luck. For the purpose of this, we will say our friend Jim is just unlucky. DemonJim is the only player to have been the runner up in 4 seasons, and the only player to have finished second or third in 5 seasons.

FRIENDLY JIM

As is always the case, I want to take a small (might be here a while) moment to reflect on DemonJim and his career in the Sweet F.A. The only way I know how, is to have a conversation with him in order to get a better picture to put forward to the dear readers who have probably not even made it this far in to the thread yet. So, that is what I did. 4 or so months ago, I sent DemonJim a message and unlike Tarkyn_24, it was me this time who put this on the shelf until I was really ready to write something.

On November 7, of the year 2011 DemonJim made his debut in Season 14, Round 01 for the West Coast Wonders in their season-opener against the Roys FFC. It was a mighty fine display, a clear indication of how dominant Jim would become, in his first debut match - helping his club to a victory by putting up 23 disposals and 2 goals.

This match was not the first taste of Qooty or the Sweet F.A for DJ, as he tells me:

"I had found SFA early on. Checked it out but didn't post anywhere except for a thread where Mobbs had added Exie (SC) points. I then forgot about it for a while until there was an exhibition match on the Melbourne Board. I joined in there and we all had a bit of fun. This is where the idea of the West Gate Trolls was born."

The exhibition match that is spoken of above was two months prior to Season 14 - contested between the Melbourne Board, which turned in to the West Gate Trolls (check our coming soon threads...) and the Mount Buller Demons. DemonJim had signed up for the exhibition match to play for the Melbourne Board as either one of the following: FF, CHF or CHB. The bid was eventually rejected, which Jim says ended "in a scramble of clubs vying for the remains of the leftover players from the failed bid. I decided to go with the Wonders along with Wise Guy Sam."

He would play 80 games for the West Coast Wonders, picking up a best and fairest in Season 17, and leading the goalkicking for the club in Season 15 & 16. I almost forgot to bring it up again... DemonJim also finished second in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 17. To which he had this to say about the eventual winner: "that damn flog (lanky_wes) stole my first chance at the Mobbs Medal!"

As Season 18 rolled around, a new club was looking to enter, rather re-enter the Sweet F.A for the first time since Season 07, the Las Vegas Bears. Throwing out the "feelers", as Jim notes, one from pantskyle (or) Broken landed on the desk of a Wonder who was feeling a bit down and out, or "stale" at the West Coast Wonders. To touch briefly on this, DJ notes that the expansion club was very much a pantskyle and Broken team, until Broken pulled away, which in the end saw DemonJim become the co-Captain of the side. After 2 seasons at the club, pantskyle would part with the captaincy, being replaced by league funny guy brahj.

In the Season 24 Mobbenfuhrer Medal count, with one round to go the leader board was as follows:

19 Votes - DemonJim

You guessed it, he was done over in what was his third good chance at winning the Medal, only this time, by his former co-Captain!

Here are DemonJim's reflections on his captaincy, and co-captains during his time at the Las Vegas Bears:

"Pants did most of the hard stuff, and the first couple seasons I didn't actually do much. Then Kyle gave up the captaincy to brahj, and since he was relatively new and then went afk for a fair chunk, I was trusted into the active role of naming sides and doing captaincy stuff.
During my time in the naming of teams I made a boo-boo (that my LG didn't pick up) and that flog admin decided to suspend brahj and I for a week. We went to Thailand. It was a wonderful trip."

I know we have time warped a bit here, but I did touch base with Jim on his second place in Season 20, being beat by MannumPower of the Sin City Swamprats (huge surprise!):

By this point, it seems fairly clear DemonJim had given up on love winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. Poor Jim.

At the end of Season 22, DemonJim left the Las Vegas Bears for the Mount Buller Demons. The end of Season 21 was tough for Jim, as he tells me he had decided to relinquish his duties as the captain of the Las Vegas Bears. He recalls that although this was his decision, he, but not to his knowledge, was being targeted in a coup to install Matera92 & kane249 as leaders of the Las Vegas Bears. While Jim put on a happy face and played out the following season, he tells me he knew his "time was up playing for the bears with that betrayal."

The Mount Buller Demons, in particular cats2rise, approached DemonJim over the course of many seasons and when the time came, off he went to join them.

This was some sort of therapist session, really. I feel kind of bad for putting Jim through having to relive these dark moments.

Season 29 came around, and once again, DemonJim was in the mix. With one round to go, philreich (21), lead Carson Dial (20), and Barrybran & DemonJim (19). The last round saw philreich and Carson Dial fall out, while Barrybran would poll 3 votes to win the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. DemonJim polled 2 votes, with his mate Tarkyn_24 robbing him, as he usually does (in my case, robbery of joy), of his dream of finally winning that elusive Mobbenfuhrer medal.

On the Season 29 count and the expectations going in to the night, DemonJim tells me: "Thought I'd have a chance after two 2nd places and a 3rd in Season 27. But I knew that it wasn't to be. Instead, some flogs got the nod from the Sim. Pretty sure I didn't even look at the Mobbs presentation for S29 until the next day or even the day after that. No point, I knew the result wouldn't come my way. It is my lot in life."

As we have already touched on his placings in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, maybe Jim had a better time in other aspects of the league? Jim is renowned as being the one who just could not catch the fish and gets stirred up for the Mobbenfuhrer Medal placings, but they seem to forget that the Mount Buller Demons also lost in back-to-back Grand Finals in Season 28 to the Dragons FFC, and then again in Season 29 to the Sin City Swamprats. A hard life in Sweet it has seemingly been for DemonJim.

The question of most importance that I put to DemonJim is if he believes it will ever come to him (the Mobbenfuhrer Medal, that is...):

"For this to happen, I'd have to probably LEAVE FOR ANOTHER CLUB. Although I doubt that anyone would be willing to throw me in the ring for another shot at greatness."

V03b1Rk.png

(pls ignore the space in DemonJim here... or pretend it is the void left by Jim not winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal)

GIVE ME A SPELL, JIM

What a dreary picture we have painted of the career of DemonJim, player for the Mount Buller Demons. Oh how unfair Qooty has been to Jim. The masses cry in droves at how DemonJim just never could get the job done, nothing good ever came to him. How they make fun of the poor guy for being a perennial runner up in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. He shall never be recognised as one of the greats, for he does not have possession of a Mobbenfuhrer Medal...

Give me a spell! I have seen posts from DemonJim himself making comments that to the outside appear he is moaning about being hard done by.

DemonJim is most definitely NOT the unluckiest man in Qooty. He is no God of Luck named ant555, but he is certainly far from being unlucky in any sense.

DemonJim is a Fred Medallist (S15), which he won in his first season as a full-time Full Forward. The position he would have likely played in had the West Gate Trolls got up. In his own words, he says that he was "quite the prolific forward in my early years before moving to the midfield." He goes on to suggest, and this is really not a big call, that "there is no doubt in my mind if I had stuck with goal craft that I would be the greatest FF in the game of Qooty. So much so I believe that Tarkyn_24 would have bowed out by now."

Now, hold on just a moment. It would appear there is fractures at the Mount Buller Demons. DemonJim stating that he would probably have to leave to get a Mobbenfuhrer Medal. Take that however you may, but it really makes you wonder... Quite Frankly, winning a Fred (named the AlfAndrews Medal back in DemonJim's day) Medal with the second lowest goals (47) needed to do so is impressive, far more impressive than anything Tarkyn_24 has done - so if DemonJim had ever said something so true, it would be his statement about being the greatest Full Forward in the Sweet F.A. He is probably already there. He may be some 606 goals off the top of the tally, but his 371 goals hold more weight than all the goals of every other player combined.

DemonJim is a FOUR TIME PREMIERSHIP PLAYER. Now how can you be complaining and making fun about such things when you are a four time premiership player, from SIX attempts. The Half Back would be rolling over about this. How can one be unlucky with that many cups? I will not accept such nonsense.

DemonJim is a Deestroy Medallist (the one you get for being best on ground in a Grand Final) in a Grand Final (Season 29) that he LOST! Unlucky?!?! Where?!?!

DemonJim is a 4 time selected All-SFA member and a member of the All-SFA All-Time squad... You need more luck than any amount of ClarkeMonies can buy to get in one of those sides!

DemonJim is a member of the Sweet F.A Hall of Fame. Do I really need to say much more? I hope not, because this thread has ran its course by now!

DemonJim.
Unlucky.
Jog on.

It is an outrage that there could be any outrage about the career of a player that is ahands down, bona fide superstar of the competition. There shall be no acceptance of ridiculous notions of the kind, but most importantly, please be kind to our friend Jim. :)

Cheers.

Other Season 30 Media:

DemonJim

unlucky.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G6RMWbo.png

T4X4WQ0.png

vs.

FsxVlCL.png

2nd in Season 20
5th in Season 23
2nd in Season 24
3rd in Season 27
2nd in Season 29

When you take a moment to digest, and compare his finishes with the likes of Ant Bear, larrikin, Ljp86, Nunez and & Wacky Tiger, all of which have won the medal on two occasions you might think that DemonJim is indeed unlucky. Or sh*t. Either or. I am not here to wage a war on the explicit meaning of luck. For the purpose of this, we will say our friend Jim is just unlucky. DemonJim is the only player to have been the runner up in 4 seasons, and the only player to have finished second or third in 5 seasons.

FRIENDLY JIM

19 Votes - DemonJim

V03b1Rk.png

GIVE ME A SPELL, JIM

DemonJim.
Unlucky.
Jog on.

Cheers.

Other Season 31 Media:

Jum. It's Demon Jum

If you knew him like I do you wouldn’t have wasted time reading the OP mate.

Deplorable human.
Please bitch, you love me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media The Unluckiest Man In Qooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back