The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from Melb.havent had a look at THE RAG yet.If Rooster plays at Bullioh he will coach them.Bullioh to have juniors?They will probably raid all the O/M clubs.
Coaches
Tumba=Molky
Corryong=McKenzie
Cudgie=Deery
Feds=Pearce
Bullioh=Rooster
B/W=Has been some talk,Butters will play even if he doesnt coach,but I do believe they are waiting on all other leagues to finish finals,then will sit down with a few prospects,hope all comes together.
Interesting in that you think Pearce will do the Feds job again Tiger, thought he was 100% not going back but they were getting another Mitta 'hardman' to do the job. The Demons keeping the Ev/McKenzie combo was surprising as they haven't shown any great improvement in the last 3 years, money must be still tight up in Demon Land. Deery and Molky are no brainers. As for Bullioh and B/W who knows???:confused:

Well JG B/W have missed out on the coach they were hopeing for [I THINK] but the talk continues,hopefully he changes he,s mind.As for Bullioh,I couldnt give a shit who they get.I think if Pearcey doesnt coach he will have some input into Feds,they have alot of good kids.
Thomas best on ground in GF,Chapman Geelong to get reported for being a DOG.
Dont care who wins.

Tiger who was B/W talking to?[name].
Heard on the grape vine Tumba have 3-4 players heading there way for the 2012 and there's a good chance A.Williams,S.Brook will return to the club with Molky talking to a couple of his mates in the riverinia league.
Tiger my tip for Bulliohs job Bradsworth he was there ass.coach this season.Also i've heard M.Magpies want to talk to M.Nichols about there coaching position can anyone confirm.
COLLINGWOOD BY 13PTS OVER GEELONG

Tiger who was B/W talking to?[name].
Heard on the grape vine Tumba have 3-4 players heading there way for the 2012 and there's a good chance A.Williams,S.Brook will return to the club with Molky talking to a couple of his mates in the riverinia league.
Tiger my tip for Bulliohs job Bradsworth he was there ass.coach this season.Also i've heard M.Magpies want to talk to M.Nichols about there coaching position can anyone confirm.
COLLINGWOOD BY 13PTS OVER GEELONG

Hi REF,dont know if I can tell you his name yet but his cousin plays for B/W and missed half the season with a broken leg,but I still cant tell you his name OK.Will be interesting if Rooster goes to the M/Ms,wonder if the other two would follow,big hole left if they do.
Dale Thomas N/Smith Paul Chapman Reported for being a snipeing DOG.
Magpies 11 points.

Well JG B/W have missed out on the coach they were hopeing for [I THINK] but the talk continues,hopefully he changes he,s mind.As for Bullioh,I couldnt give a shit who they get.I think if Pearcey doesnt coach he will have some input into Feds,they have alot of good kids.
Hey Tiger, any chance of Lacey and Norris coming back to you blokes from North Albury in 2012? Might stop Ref from calling you Alb/Wod Magpies:thumbsdown:

Ok I only saw a few games this year, however since everyone is talking about AFL Draft period, trades and what each club needs, I will take a stab at it.

Bullioh- Won the flag, need to cover the losses of the players that are leaving and that would be about it. Would assume they have some already but not saying too much, and other than murray upper there is no one else from bullioh on here.

Cudgewa- Looked extremely undersized in the Grand final and lacking some serious pace. Would need a tough nut in and under midfielder with speed to burn and also a genuine gun FF. Although they recruited a few older bodies this year, some older, bigger bodies would be what they would be after. Add pace and size and these guys would be a serious contender.

Federals- Have the league B&F plus a forward line on its day capable of beating anyone (and they showed it with sharpe etc). A young side that can quickly slam on 4 or 5 quick goals against better opposition, however fall in a hole just as quick. Really need an out an out classy O&M standard midfielder and another ruckman as well as some older bodies to help out the younger ones.

Border- Just werent good enough when the three before mentioned teams were on and were lacking some serious class to be consistently knocking off the better sides. Exceeded everyones expectations this year, except there own i would suspect. Would be after a back up ruckman with skills, and probably 3 or 4 genuine footballers. From rumours I have been hearing a massive darkhorse for next year.

Tumba- Lost a lot of close matches this year, not by coincidence, i would suspect however 5 or 6 great players dont win you a lot of games. Have some of the leagues best players in this team, and if the O&M, Hume and riverina league players they say they are going to get go there, watch this space, might finally get there first flag, would be good for the comp anyway.

Corryong- They have copped enough this year, so i will leave it at that. Lets all hope that the co coaches have started getting some kind of list together for next year. Any improvement on 0 wins is an improvement i would think. The UMFL needs 6 teams to be in contention so lets hope they do get a bit better.

Have all coaches been confirmed for all clubs yet?

Ok I only saw a few games this year, however since everyone is talking about AFL Draft period, trades and what each club needs, I will take a stab at it.

Bullioh- Won the flag, need to cover the losses of the players that are leaving and that would be about it. Would assume they have some already but not saying too much, and other than murray upper there is no one else from bullioh on here.

Cudgewa- Looked extremely undersized in the Grand final and lacking some serious pace. Would need a tough nut in and under midfielder with speed to burn and also a genuine gun FF. Although they recruited a few older bodies this year, some older, bigger bodies would be what they would be after. Add pace and size and these guys would be a serious contender.

Federals- Have the league B&F plus a forward line on its day capable of beating anyone (and they showed it with sharpe etc). A young side that can quickly slam on 4 or 5 quick goals against better opposition, however fall in a hole just as quick. Really need an out an out classy O&M standard midfielder and another ruckman as well as some older bodies to help out the younger ones.

Border- Just werent good enough when the three before mentioned teams were on and were lacking some serious class to be consistently knocking off the better sides. Exceeded everyones expectations this year, except there own i would suspect. Would be after a back up ruckman with skills, and probably 3 or 4 genuine footballers. From rumours I have been hearing a massive darkhorse for next year.

Tumba- Lost a lot of close matches this year, not by coincidence, i would suspect however 5 or 6 great players dont win you a lot of games. Have some of the leagues best players in this team, and if the O&M, Hume and riverina league players they say they are going to get go there, watch this space, might finally get there first flag, would be good for the comp anyway.

Corryong- They have copped enough this year, so i will leave it at that. Lets all hope that the co coaches have started getting some kind of list together for next year. Any improvement on 0 wins is an improvement i would think. The UMFL needs 6 teams to be in contention so lets hope they do get a bit better.

Have all coaches been confirmed for all clubs yet?

Hey M/P your post is longer than Gone With The Wind,but good reading,I have to say very informed but for B/W,I have heard we didnt get who we wanted,and Buttsy is well aware of the dealings and will play on at B/W coaching or not.BUT I HAVE HEARD A VERY DISTURBING RUMOUR,that a couple of B/Ws players are thinking of moveing closer to town,if that happens I for one will not be attending any football games in the Hume,Tallangatta or anyother league,I believe you stick with the people who stick with you,this league needs all the support it can get,and our kids are its future,if they can go on to a much higher league like the O/M go for it,but why jump one or maybe two levels.Play footy with your mates and then let PUGS tell you how hard Collingwood were done by in the G/F,I hate Geelong nearly as much as my exwife and THE C--T lives in Geelong. :thumbsu:

I hear Henry may be coming back to Cudgy as he is the missing 10 goal peice in the Cudgy premiership Jigsaw puzzle. Not sure if Corryong will be able to hang on to him for 2012 anyway, and they could not afford to lose any more guns. Cudgy will be favourites for the flag now.
Could be some good news for the mighty demons in 2012, word is Sammy Cross and a couple of albury mates are a chance to be coming back next year. If true the dees could be back into flag contention! P.S. Henry isn't going anywhere and cudgy can stick recruiting big $$$ players:thumbsdown:

Could be some good news for the mighty demons in 2012, word is Sammy Cross and a couple of albury mates are a chance to be coming back next year. If true the dees could be back into flag contention! P.S. Henry isn't going anywhere and cudgy can stick recruiting big $$$ players:thumbsdown:
Great news for your club demon if use can get some players back up there this year. But ARE U FOR REAL for thinking a couple of players joining your club will get use into flag contention next year? Ive been following the comp for 2 years now and getting a couple of players in that side will just put use back on the umfl map again getting 6-10 decent players will get use into flag contention. And as i have had a close eye on the blues if you think they have big $$$ players running round U AINT FOR REAL, most the locals play for next to nothing and apart from the coach the some of there travelers would get $100-$150 a game and thats fair consdiring going up there twice a week would cost $60 a week in petrol, maybe if corryong didnt have monkeys last year they wouldnt have had to pay PEANUTS:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: And as for stinky henry he is the biggest monkey running round up in that comp:p:p

Demon 85 what are you smoking spoke to a few blokes in the know at Corry after reading that post and the look on his face pretty much summed up your post. Its hard enough for blokes up there atm champ without spreading that sort of crap on here. With you on this are you for real. Cudgy my pick for 2012 at this stage.

I hear that Corryong Coach Justin McKenzie packed on 6kgs on the footy trip (taking him to 100kgs) ... I assume he'll be start his own pre-season in November ...

I hear that Corryong Coach Justin McKenzie packed on 6kgs on the footy trip (taking him to 100kgs) ... I assume he'll be start his own pre-season in November ...
Is it just me or does Corryong have a coaching identity crisis??? I thought Evan Nicholas was doing the job in 2012. No wonder they can't get their act together on the field they don't know who is actually coaching them!:D:D:D

If Sam Cross goes back to the Dees good luck to them but Albury apparently have everyone signed up for next year so that maybe only a cream dream for you Demon. Nichol boys all a chance to be playing together next season but not at Bullioh and Tumba is having a crack at getting a couple of locals back who played in Jindera's flag this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evan an McKenize are both coaching Corryong in 2012 that's what i've heard also Adrain Williams is returning to tumba, so i won't be surprised if maxie also goes back as a spectator.
Can anyone confirm if Tallangatta coach this year is also heading up Corryong way to help the club out.Heard that one on the bush telegrath,
Has Bullioh got a coach yet?

Evan an McKenize are both coaching Corryong in 2012 that's what i've heard also Adrain Williams is returning to tumba, so i won't be surprised if maxie also goes back as a spectator.
Can anyone confirm if Tallangatta coach this year is also heading up Corryong way to help the club out.Heard that one on the bush telegrath,
Has Bullioh got a coach yet?

Corryong coaches- Confirmed both Nicholas and Mckenzie are co-coaching next year, was confirmed about a month ago and was also a small story in the Border Mail.
The old Tallangatta coach will not be at Corryong next year, heard was attached to other clubs, but not the demons
NOP is correct, cross is injured and wont play.
Might n Power good write up, and i agree with your thoughts about Cudgy.
Cant confirm nor deny but Byrnes will be coaching Bullioh to there 5th flag?

Corryong coaches- Confirmed both Nicholas and Mckenzie are co-coaching next year, was confirmed about a month ago and was also a small story in the Border Mail.
The old Tallangatta coach will not be at Corryong next year, heard was attached to other clubs, but not the demons
NOP is correct, cross is injured and wont play.
Might n Power good write up, and i agree with your thoughts about Cudgy.
Cant confirm nor deny but Byrnes will be coaching Bullioh to there 5th flag?

I hope you are saying its Ronny Byrnes[The singer] or Ronny Byrnes[The Black Magic Man] who played for Geelong aand not F---ing Henry[Look At Me]Byrnes,that will coach THE SCUM next year.
I think I am right in saying B/W are coachless at this moment,and I think they are going to loose a couple of thier very good players,actually I know they are going to loose a couple of thier very good players,cant say if they will go else where, or go fishing and hunting,I know one of them is very disenchanted with the club and the way he was treated,hopefully all gets worked out,but at the moment B/W will struggle,AGAIN.Maybe he should have taken Roosters offer 2 years ago he would have played in 2 winning GF sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Upper Murray Football League (Part2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back