The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Boring end to the NBA season. Celtics were always gonna do it easily. They remind me of the 04 Pistons, just an incredibly well balanced team. No real superstar but just bloody good everywhere you look.

Ehh I don't mind it. We needed to get younger.

I don't really rate Giddey but at least it's an acknowledgment of that.
I get that, I think it's more from an asset management standpoint for mine.

Giving up say 2 1sts and Carter for Vucevic, and I would argue Caruso had similar sort of value to him almost.

I get that, I think it's more from an asset management standpoint for mine.

Giving up say 2 1sts and Carter for Vucevic, and I would argue Caruso had similar sort of value to him almost.
You think? Caruso is 30 years old with one year left on his deal. He's not the primary playmaker, nor an offensive weapon.

You think? Caruso is 30 years old with one year left on his deal. He's not the primary playmaker, nor an offensive weapon.
Yeah I'd say in this day and age, getting a defensive stud who can shoot 40% on 3's is pretty valuable, I mean he reminds me of Derrick White there in a sense.

He just has to stay healthy for a full season I suppose, but for OKC, he's a great fit.

Look I dont mind the idea of the trade but we needed more back than a straight swap! We need a draft pick as well surely!!

Feel we got robbed.

But honestly who cares, my Bulls are rubbish and if this is the beginning of blowing it up, then I'm all for it. Trade everyone!

Great get for OKC though, like HUGE get. They are already really good and gave up a guy that was going nothing for them and ended up being benched in the playoffs to a defensive stud who can shoot and play make with championship winning pedigree. Massive for OKC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah don’t think giving up draft capital is an issue given where they are at with their roster, but they needed to be getting more than Bridges to make them a genuine contender. Not good value for what they gave up at all.

Yeah don’t think giving up draft capital is an issue given where they are at with their roster, but they needed to be getting more than Bridges to make them a genuine contender. Not good value for what they gave up at all.
I understand the move but I still think they could have done something better with all the draft capital they had to trade.

The NBA is definitely moving away from superteams to more balanced teams. You can do that now because of the three point shot. If you have two all stars and then 4-5 solid guys who can also all shoot, you can win chips. You just saw it with Boston and the league right now is quite even with 6 different NBA champions in the last 6 years.

Boston, Denver, Golden State, Milwaukee they all had similarly constructed rosters. Two stars then some really good role players and guys who could shoot.

And then you look at teams that have tried to make super teams like the Nets, Phoenix etc and it's gone horribly wrong.

So back to New York and I see why they do it. Two all stars in Brunson and Randle, then a bunch of real good role players in OG, Bridges, Hartenstein, Hart, DiVincenzo... they are looking at recent history and think they can do the something similar.

The problem is their top end isnt quite where it needs to be. Brunson/Randle arent exactly a Tatum/Brown, Jokic/Murray, Giannis/Middleton type level so I dont think it's gonna work.

GM LeBron works his magic. 😂
The bloke has real issues. GMing in his podcast mate JJ Redick and now drafting his own son. The Lakers front office should be embarrassed with how little control they have on their own team.

I'd somewhat understand it for a prime LeBron James. But for this old, no impact whatsoever LeBron James. It's just incompetence.

His stats at his one year at UNC, 4.8 points, 36% shooting, 2.8 rebounds ... I'd hate to be Bronny knowing the only reason you're in the league is because of your Dad. Ugh...

The bloke has real issues. GMing in his podcast mate JJ Redick and now drafting his own son. The Lakers front office should be embarrassed with how little control they have on their own team.

I'd somewhat understand it for a prime LeBron James. But for this old, no impact whatsoever LeBron James. It's just incompetence.

His stats at his one year at UNC, 4.8 points, 36% shooting, 2.8 rebounds ... I'd hate to be Bronny knowing the only reason you're in the league is because of your Dad. Ugh...

Sounds like the Lakers are going to give LeBron a 3 year, $160M ( 😂) contract. Guess the plan for LeBron is to overshadow his own son, but to also make sure his son gets at least 3 years as an NBA player.

There was even a threat that Bronny would have come to Australia if someone else drafted him. Completely embarrassing when you consider his father worth a billion dollars could have just signed for whatever team drafted his son for the league minimum, but he wasn’t prepared to do that. Really odd all around.

Lol what? You'd hate being selected in the NBA? Why doesn't matter, he's in the big leagues now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back