The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Quite surprised how a thread like this hasn't been made just yet. Thought I'd take a bit of a tip from the other boards, seems to be working out well for them and should reduce a bit of clutter on the board. Got something to let out of your system? Want to give someone a spray? Spill your guts here!

Message from The Mod FOR OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS.

Reminder to all opposition supporters that if they like a single post in here, you will get a warning and you will be infracted.

usually the venting and ranting is done in the autopsy thread, but whatever

I understand what you mean but I figured that the autopsy would be for regular and logical discussion about the post-game where as this thread about be about just expressing your emotional opinions freely about either the game or Football in general.

Pretty disappointed with Rance this year. I thought he's been good the last few years, but really down on confidence atm - falls over a lot, and poor decision making.

Not impressed with the efforts of Pettard, Helbig, Nahas.

JR8 is an enigma - When he's good he's good, but when he's bad...:mad: puts in some shockers that good team leaders shouldn't.

Grigg's just going atm.

Umpires. There are so many grey areas now, they don't know how to adjudicate. We all know the goal umpire one, but, how about the two on Cotchin? He gets to the ball first, but the Freo guy goes over the top, he gets pinged. He beats Ballantyne to a marking contest, and gets pinged for head high? Then there was another five calls that were called three or so seconds past what they were called for.
****ing disgrace.

Gutted. One point losses are hard to take but when we handed them 3 or 4 on a platter and still nearly nicked it, well, that was about as tough a loss as I've ever sat through. Proud of the effort but I'm guessing we'll see how costly the missing 4 points are come September. We simply have to make smarter decisions with ball in hand. eg: Don't bomb it to the contest where their spare man is sitting; If kicking it to Nahas in a one-on-one we'd be better off kicking it along the ground; Don't keep the ball in play if we're outnumbered; Do the simple thing, not the flashy thing; Don't ALL fly for the mark, someone get front and square; Don't take a chance, mark the ball on the line and kick the goal yourself; Don't play on recklessly - have a look first.......I'm normally a positive poster but even after sleeping on it, I still appreciate the vent thread and how it may keep me from the funny farm. My other half was genuinely concerned for my welfare last night. Hope all you other Tigers are still with us, even if we all lost a couple of years off the lifespan last night.

Gutted. One point losses are hard to take but when we handed them 3 or 4 on a platter and still nearly nicked it, well, that was about as tough a loss as I've ever sat through. Proud of the effort but I'm guessing we'll see how costly the missing 4 points are come September. We simply have to make smarter decisions with ball in hand. eg: Don't bomb it to the contest where their spare man is sitting; If kicking it to Nahas in a one-on-one we'd be better off kicking it along the ground; Don't keep the ball in play if we're outnumbered; Do the simple thing, not the flashy thing; Don't ALL fly for the mark, someone get front and square; Don't take a chance, mark the ball on the line and kick the goal yourself; Don't play on recklessly - have a look first.......I'm normally a positive poster but even after sleeping on it, I still appreciate the vent thread and how it may keep me from the funny farm. My other half was genuinely concerned for my welfare last night. Hope all you other Tigers are still with us, even if we all lost a couple of years off the lifespan last night.

Good post Strawbs.. Sums up my feelings pretty much..

Agree mate. Too many flashy things being attempted, not enough 1%ers.
So many times a player has the ball and we have a loose player by him and instead of shepherding they are looking for the soft handball.

I'm really disappointed with deledios game. I know Crowley is a great tagged but he is supposed to b a leader of the team,when you're getting beat like that you need to do something about it. Why didn't he push forward or something? You have to be proactive. He just let Crowley beat him. Needed him to stand up in the last.

Disappointed that the coaching staff didn't have a plan B or address the issues we were facing in the 3rd and 4th quarter, ie too many hand passes that put teammates under pressure and hacked kicks that resulted in loose players everywhere for them.
Also no numbers behind the ball when we hit the front in the last quarter.

Primary school stuff.

I told a few mates at 3/4 time if we got up with cotchin not 100%, Martin unable to run out games, jack and lids thoroughly beaten and rance turning it over it would be one of our great wins in recent times. We can blame the dodgy umps but to lose again after conceding a goal with 2 mins remaining... I mean geesh... U could just see it happening... Goal side goal side!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the new rules
I hate the interpretation of the new rules
I hate that Richmond are forever mentally weak
I hate that we need more talent, talent which we would have if GC/GWS didnt exist
I hate how Essendon have been able to fast track their development and go past us without all the high draft picks
I hate how we are forever a laughing stock
I hate how we are always stitched up with bad luck
I hate the false hope
I hate that we will probably miss the finals this year
I hate that it means so much

Don't ALL fly for the mark, someone get front and square;.

We still do this a lot... far too much in fact.
Hoping it is still part of our learning curve...

Also STILL need to work on creating space for our forwards to lead into & then actually getting them to lead into the space & then actually going for the pass to the leading forward & then actually executing the skill set and hit the leading forward with accuracy & then..... kick the farnarkling goal!

Just a small point........... :cool:

Pretty disappointed with Rance this year. I thought he's been good the last few years, but really down on confidence atm - falls over a lot, and poor decision making.

Not impressed with the efforts of Pettard, Helbig, Nahas.

JR8 is an enigma - When he's good he's good, but when he's bad...:mad: puts in some shockers that good team leaders shouldn't.

Grigg's just going atm.

FFS what did Petterd do wrong last night???

Over the years I have been to many a game at Subi .
I have never witnessed fair umpiring in Perth you got to expect the umps will gift 4-5 goals to the local teams its never an even contest really. Having said that got to lick the wounds and butter up for next.

I'm really disappointed with deledios game. I know Crowley is a great tagged but he is supposed to b a leader of the team,when you're getting beat like that you need to do something about it. Why didn't he push forward or something? You have to be proactive. He just let Crowley beat him. Needed him to stand up in the last.

Agree with this. One instance that really stood out for me was in the 3rd or 4th Q and another Tiger player was running out on the wing with a Freo player in pursuit and Deledio nearby. He should have shepherded but peeled off instead looking for a cheap kick. Just because you're copping a hard tag, doesn't mean you can't work hard and help your teammates and get involved in other ways. This the big difference between him and Cotchin. I expect a big game from him next week!

Someone texted me about 2 minutes after the game that "you guys were robbed". .....After 24 hours of reflection, and with all the emotion gone such that i can be totally objective and considered, my reply ..... "we were r*ped at gun point, body cut up and dumped in the river", thanks Geish. Livid. Still.

Not just the inept goal umpire, also the end of 3rd quarter should have been deadball not one point with kick after the siren, and Maric competing against 2 or 3 ruckman in critical stoppage at the end.

I hate the new rules
I hate the interpretation of the new rules
I hate that Richmond are forever mentally weak
I hate that we need more talent, talent which we would have if GC/GWS didnt exist
I hate how Essendon have been able to fast track their development and go past us without all the high draft picks
I hate how we are forever a laughing stock
I hate how we are always stitched up with bad luck
I hate the false hope
I hate that we will probably miss the finals this year
I hate that it means so much

This ^^^^^

Agree with this. One instance that really stood out for me was in the 3rd or 4th Q and another Tiger player was running out on the wing with a Freo player in pursuit and Deledio nearby. He should have shepherded but peeled off instead looking for a cheap kick. Just because you're copping a hard tag, doesn't mean you can't work hard and help your teammates and get involved in other ways. This the big difference between him and Cotchin. I expect a big game from him next week!
Actually Lids then started tagging Mundy to curb his influence on hte game. Sacrificed his own game to take another good player as instructed by Dimma and did it well.

My vent isn't directed at the club or freo, it will be the AFL, they will give a slight acknowledgement that the umps stuffed up and that's it. no more, zippo nothing zero... didn't even happen.

Umpires. There are so many grey areas now, they don't know how to adjudicate. We all know the goal umpire one, but, how about the two on Cotchin? He gets to the ball first, but the Freo guy goes over the top, he gets pinged. He beats Ballantyne to a marking contest, and gets pinged for head high? Then there was another five calls that were called three or so seconds past what they were called for.
******* disgrace.
favoritism at its best. you probably know who they barrack for.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back