The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

We are not good enough to win a flag with the current list. We have come from too far behind. All the improvement in the last 3 years has only got us back to middle of the road. We wont make finals this year. We will go through another rebuild. I was hoping to see some improvement on last year and to be surprised by guys I don't rate. Sadly we havent improved enough. :( Damn it! I'm going to take a back seat for a while if it's possible :(

We don't need another rebuild - just a slight renovation.

Tuck & Newman will most likely retire. Need to bite the bullet and finally rid ourselves of the serial spuds and trade a few who might actually get us something. See if we can get in players from clubs above us instead of clubs below us for a change.

Need to start targeting composed players who are good decision makers and have good footskills and need to look at state leagues - in other words instead of doing the opposite of what the club publically said they'd do actually do those things. More blokes who are good in the air would be nice too.

Play our forwards FORWARD and backs BACK. Let Forwards learn defence in the forward line as that is they will mostly be required to defend if they're to eventually play as forwards. D'uh.

Get fitter! Tackle! More goalkicking practice.

Identify duds early & turn them over quickly, don't hang on to them for years!

Need pace, midfield depth, at least another ruckman and at least one big fullback. Got plenty of forwards.

NO more A.Edwards/Miller types.

Didn't bother getting upset tonight, why bother? We have poor discipline at the club out leaders aren't showing any real leadership. We have players continually making poor decisions and this crap doesn't seem to be improving. The coach doesn't have a plan b, he never has. Not worth getting pissed off.

I'm not giving up on them, but I don't know what the answers are, I'm overcome with a kind of lactic acidity because we lost and it makes me numb and heavy and just spaced. I don't know what Petterd or Newman thought they were achieving, stupid and undisciplined and from Newman, well, I expected better. I expected better from Cotch with the sly elbow. You're all frustrated? Fine. USE IT. Be smart and make them pay - WITH SIX POINTS THROUGH THE ****ING MIDDLE.

Forget depth....does anyone think we actually have enough top end talent? Jack/Cotch/Lids.....is that enough? Doubt it....
Martin.

Foley for a few years more if he stays fit.

Grimes will be.

Ellis will be.

Vlastuin will be.

McBean will be. (Yeah I'm calling it now and it'll be sooner than we think)

Conca can be.

Vickery should be - it's up to him.

Edwards threatens to blow games open but never quite does, just a few slight flaws that hold him back.

Elton shows signs but still a way off though.

Griffith possibly but the possibilty looks ever diminishing at this stage.

Solid back ups like Arnot, Darrou & perhaps Verrier coming through.

That's the future & even taking out a couple of 50/50's is plenty to build on going forward.:thumbsu:

Might take a new approach and a few more hard decisions and bit more sorting of the wheat from the chaff, but the ball's still very much in our court and is ours to win or lose - but at least it's still in our hands for now.

I hate to stop harping on the umpiring tonight but I thought it was shit yet again, when are they going to start rewarding tacklers?

How hard us as s professional footballer with the future of the club in your hands would it be to not to say anything to an umpire after a decision.
In the end I suppose that's the coaches job.
But Petterd .. Come on. "Your having a mare tonight" why even say anything to the umps.

maggots are so precious...yup that's worth a 50 metre...lets get my own back and F*** you and your team Petterd...
Any other time...its warning after warning...you have 15 seconds left to kick the ball...10 seconds left to....5 seconds left...1 second left...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't bother getting upset tonight, why bother? We have poor discipline at the club out leaders aren't showing any real leadership. We have players continually making poor decisions and this crap doesn't seem to be improving. The coach doesn't have a plan b, he never has. Not worth getting pissed off.
Actually the guy that has shown strong leadership in the last few years was the first to lose his shit last night. I reckon Selwood might have whispered (no finals again newy) into Newmans ear.

Yeah i do , currently they are bigger stronger more skilled and more experienced than we are.

Add another 50 games to Conca,Ellis,Vlastuin,Vickery,Grimes,Martin and we will be doing the Bullying

And when Motlop, Christianson, Menzel (If he ever gets body right), Blicavs, Smedts, Horlin-Smith, Taylor Hunt gain another 50 games?

We don't need another rebuild - just a slight renovation.

Tuck & Newman will most likely retire. Need to bite the bullet and finally rid ourselves of the serial spuds and trade a few who might actually get us something. See if we can get in players from clubs above us instead of clubs below us for a change.

Need to start targeting composed players who are good decision makers and have good footskills and need to look at state leagues - in other words instead of doing the opposite of what the club publically said they'd do actually do those things. More blokes who are good in the air would be nice too.

Play our forwards FORWARD and backs BACK. Let Forwards learn defence in the forward line as that is they will mostly be required to defend if they're to eventually play as forwards. D'uh.

Get fitter! Tackle! More goalkicking practice.

Identify duds early & turn them over quickly, don't hang on to them for years!

Need pace, midfield depth, at least another ruckman and at least one big fullback. Got plenty of forwards.

NO more A.Edwards/Miller types.

Not sure about this- we ahve structural and cultural problems and the coaches have not developed the players.

jackson- why cant they see it?
game plan needs players with high skills- what are blokes like petterd, white, houli, grigg doing in the team?
we need to inject some youth now- I have question marks on tuck, newman, chaplain.....
coaches- allan richardson get him on board now

Add another 50 games to Conca,Ellis,Vlastuin,Vickery,Grimes,Martin and we will be doing the Bullying

Oh, for goodness sake, we have been hearing this "50 games" malarkey for half-a-decade or more. Isn't it time we owned up to the fact that there's a lot more to it? In 2005, we were mediocre, well short of the top sides. In 2012 and again in 2013, we are mediocre, well short of the top sides. Compare that to Sydney. Premiers in 2005. Premiers in 2012 - with 18 new players!!!

Here is my vent (for what it's worth).

After seriously watching the first six rounds and not getting excited/mad either way here is my take:

The Bad.

• Richmond still lack serious on field leadership.
  • D. Jackson is a liability. Surely we have someone running around in the two's who can do a similar role. Time to get Biscuit in the side.
  • Deledio as classy as he is struggles against heavy tags still and doesn't work hard enough to break a tag.
  • I have serious doubts on Hardwick’s ability as a game day coach. No questions on his other areas of coaching but I don't think he has the ability to adapt to game situations. For example why put two players back when you are four goals down in the last after having just kicked a goal and wrestled momentum back? Where was the man back with five minutes left in the second, knowing that Geelong are a team that scores heavy in red time? And last week to manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, was amazing.

• Newman, WTF. You’re not an aggressive player who can get under the opposition skin. Don't try to be.
  • Riewoldt keep your eye on the ball and instead of looking to back back with the flight or mark from behind your opponent, lead for ****s sake.

The Good.
  • Knight & Chaplin are good pick ups.
  • Chocco is a great pick up.
  • We are still 3/3 with a long season to go.

Here is my vent (for what it's worth).

After seriously watching the first six rounds and not getting excited/mad either way here is my take:

The Bad.

• Richmond still lack serious on field leadership.
  • D. Jackson is a liability. Surely we have someone running around in the two's who can do a similar role. Time to get Biscuit in the side.
  • Deledio as classy as he is struggles against heavy tags still and doesn't work hard enough to break a tag.
  • I have serious doubts on Hardwick’s ability as a game day coach. No questions on his other areas of coaching but I don't think he has the ability to adapt to game situations. For example why put two players back when you are four goals down in the last after having just kicked a goal and wrestled momentum back? Where was the man back with five minutes left in the second, knowing that Geelong are a team that scores heavy in red time? And last week to manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, was amazing.
  • Newman, WTF. You’re not an aggressive player who can get under the opposition skin. Don't try to be.
  • Riewoldt keep your eye on the ball and instead of looking to back back with the flight or mark from behind your opponent, lead for ****s sake.

The Good.
  • Knight & Chaplin are good pick ups.
  • Chocco is a great pick up.
  • We are still 3/3 with a long season to go.
Concur with all of that

IMO we were a hell of a lot better at this stage last year.

Newman should retire at the end of the year.
Jackson, Pettard and White shouldn't be in our best 22.

Oh, for goodness sake, we have been hearing this "50 games" malarkey for half-a-decade or more. Isn't it time we owned up to the fact that there's a lot more to it? In 2005, we were mediocre, well short of the top sides. In 2012 and again in 2013, we are mediocre, well short of the top sides. Compare that to Sydney. Premiers in 2005. Premiers in 2012 - with 18 new players!!!
LOL ----------------------- Please go back & Have a look which players were in our team in 2005 and what relevance it has to our current team . Coaches board members staff players everything has changed

You cant just expect that you get young players into a team and get them to be AFL ready from day dot. Having a vfl team controlled by Richmond will also have a massive impact

So start to grow up and stop the malarkey

malarkey1-600x399.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back