FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

AMC is editing in entire new scenes for episodes 12, 14, and 16. New dialogue is being added in episodes 12, 14, 15, and 16. So there will be differences in original scripts in some cases.

This is very expensive to do but AMC is using additional footage since multiple versions of some scenes were filmed at the time.

The last time they did anything like this was when they brought Gimple in to rewrite 80% of the season 3 finale to try to fix the mistakes Mazzara had made. But that was only 1 episode and did involve reshoots in February of that year. Redoing 4 episodes is a lot bigger.

- from Spoil The Dead Forum.

This is concerning.

Last edited:
I just started watching the first series Tuesday night and finished it last night.

I enjoy being extremely late to a T.V series, gives you plenty of episodes to enjoy before having to wait for the next episode to be released.
Now you can join in the weekly whinge.
So the options are

a) kneel to the Saviours - have them take all your guns, mattresses, most of your food, the attractive women.
b) fight the Saviours - half of you die horribly, maybe all of you
c) go somewhere else

Option c) seems to be underrated.
Why would you want to give up a place like Alexandria?

Dazza has his crossbow back!!! Oh dis goin be good.
Coincidence Kingdom dude mentions carol to D. Man this is intense. Both know they need each other, dude knows he cant touch D.

OK we’re at the Junkyard now. Some nice artwork made here. A few dog like structures. Here come the men in black! They all have long hair….no ashley and martin going on here. Maybe that’s what rick’s smiling about, their haircuts. lol.
Strange, so silent, walking in this odd formation. Cult?

Speaking of haircuts, hello resident evil. wait how did rick know they have gabriel?
Pretty nifty view from up top the rubbish. Resident evil chick can she speak any slower?

WTF? armoured walker!!! Reminds me of the freak from pans labyrynth. Lol keyboard!!! OUCH that is gonna get infected rick. Cmon Rick channel your Luke sykwalker!! use the wall!
ohhh decapitation. shame we didnt see it.
Well that was easy. Take out Winslow or whatever his name was and then yeah we friends. But Im missing something, how did Gabe get taken? Oh well.

Rosita and Tera man there’s some angst there.

Ill admit the tip is pretty cool.

ok D lied to her…..hmmm…..maybe to help her keep faith.

OH WE’RE FROM TIGERLAND!!!! D with some honest truths here, being brutally honest at morgan.

who is negan talking about? Finding who? is his henchman leaving? had enough of being cucked? Shit gonna get real.

No real gripes, not the best, but i smiled during the episode. wasnt awesome but ya know *nods*

Did you handle Lucille? Treat her like a lady.

no but i saw her.

essentially he had me throw rick into a shipping container, and then fill it with oats to suffocate him. i did that, but somehow defeated the survivors and freed rick before he could die

no but i saw her.

essentially he had me throw rick into a shipping container, and then fill it with oats to suffocate him. i did that, but somehow defeated the survivors and freed rick before he could die
You smothered Rick with your oats?

So much symbolism.

Actually looking forward to some Negan today
To me I think that's what this season should be - some negan, some of something else, back to negan. When certain characters are shoved down our throats consistently it can become stale.

To me I think that's what this season should be - some negan, some of something else, back to negan. When certain characters are shoved down our throats consistently it can become stale.
Like stale oats.

I liked the episode but it doesnt do much to move things forward in my opinion

I think Dwight may be my favourite character now or atleast on par with Rick. The stuff with the letter at their old house was really good.

I also liked Eugene's change. I hope it sticks and he embraces it, though at some point I'm sure it'll go back to normal

Hope the story can more quickly move towards the battle between the Saviours/Rick's crew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best episode in a long time [Not that any have even been memorable for anything other than being cringeworthy lately]

Eugene pulling the same shit on Negan that he did with Abe, making himself a scientist and seem more important that he is. Keeping himself alive till Rick and co comeback for war.

and actually developed a character for the first time in a while where it wasnt shit. with Dwight who will end up helping Rick take Negan down at the end of the season.

Oh phew.........

Kevin-Hart.gif

Enjoyed that episode. It's great to get to see the Saviours from the perspective of those who are benefitting from their aggression. Eugene's experiences are very, very different to those of Daryl's and that's the sort of juxtaposition that has been missing from the show for a while now.

Really like where they're going with Eugene and Dwight's characters.

What I will say though is that we're again seeing the downfall of splitting everybody up to such a degree. We now have a number of interesting subplots going on but we know we're not going to get back to them for a few weeks. The overarching, "Hey let's just go around coincidentally finding new groups so we can beat Negan," storyline is nowhere near as entertaining as what's going on underneath that layer. Because we have so much going on so far away from each other, though, those subplots aren't progressing as much as they should be.

They would have been better off delaying the push against Negan and spending some time exploring life under his reign, beyond just, "Rick is sad and broken and everyone wants to fight but Rick says no."

I think we've all been through the highs and lows of this series. But after today I've decided to draw my own line in the sand for this season.

If Negan doesn't appear = good episode
If Negan does appear = bad episode

Christ he's annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back