The Wells v Goddard comparison...

Remove this Banner Ad

kangas_mate said:
Cant even compare the two.

wells is a super talent who will be an all time great for the kangaroos - thankyou bitchmond and thankyou Adelaide. Your contributions will not be forgotten.

QUOTE]
Thank Carlton while you're at it, Richmond thought they were gambling away pick 4, not pick 2.

garth p said:
Hey tosser with a nick name that is obviously well deserved as it appears to be your favorite pastime and a phrase that shows your mind has never left the gutter that you inhabit (the reference to kelly stevens), you don't expect me to take your opinions seriously, do you? :rolleyes:
Actually, I don't expect anything from you.
From what you've demonstrated, a pillow biting, mattress munching, fudge packing, sperm burping, toss bucket like yourself doesn't really have much to offer.

Goddard will be a star.

Wells will be a star.

its what top 2 draft picks are supposed to be.

I dare say that the roos need a goddard type player instead of another midfielder as they have a very good midfield rotation as it is.

As for Goddard being slow and immobile? i dont quite understand that- Wells makes Judd look slow and immobile for christs sake!

I have continually bagged BG, but now I admit he is a gun in the making.

Maybe playing the Kouta role in the middle or even the Pavlich role where he plays onball then a third tall in the forward line once Kosi and Dal Santo leave the Saints.

Goddard is almost like a new player in 2005, he has a much larger frame and it will take him a while to get used to it, the larger frame will make it easier for him to play a KP role, a little harder to play an onballer role but he is definitely a player with a lot of ability.

We didn't have the choice between them so for us it is irrelevant to compare, but we would have been happy to get either player and would have gone for Goddard like any AFL club that had the choice between the two, only because KPP are harder to find.

Seeing Wells play again on Saturday just reminds me how talented this kid is already, twice during the game against Port he was running through the midfield and was getting chased from behind and just baulked and evaded the player with ease, without looking over his shoulder, without looking where the player was, he could just sense him approaching, it was magic and the TV just does not capture things like that.

Go out and watch other teams play, champions from all clubs, TV just does not do them justice.

Syd Kennets said:
I dare say that the roos need a goddard type player instead of another midfielder as they have a very good midfield rotation as it is.

Disagree, because Goddard will play his best footy in the midfield. I laughed when there was talk of him playing KP. He is a midfielder. His body may have changed, but it will simply help him become a better midfielder.

I don't think he will be a superstar, but he finds the footy well, has excellent vision and foot skills can mark well enough.

Goddard has talent but is a pea-heart. Refer to Friday night's game for proof.

Wells is an explosive player and if and when he racks up 20 + possies North will win most times.

I think Wells is a stand out!

Goddard is a PULL OUT.......!

Refer Friday night.....pea heart Goddard....

Maxie Boy on the other hand.....too much heart for his own good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ipaidmy200in89 said:
I think Wells is a stand out!

Goddard is a PULL OUT.......!

Refer Friday night.....pea heart Goddard....

Maxie Boy on the other hand.....too much heart for his own good.

He saw what was coming and knew that squib Grant would H&S him because he had his back turned to him.

Max Hudghton has more courage than Chris grant will ever have.

Grant was a squib on Friday night and should get weeks for his uncourageous act.

Joffaboy said:
Grant was a squib on Friday night and should get weeks for his uncourageous act.

Why do you do that?

He could have killed Max. Death. He nearly pulled out, and Max was concussed by hitting his head on the deck, not by any malicious actions by one of the fairest buggers I have ever seen play footy. Gutsy as hell too.

Accident, brought upon by Max being so ridiculously gutsy.

And FWIW, Goddard could have and should have gone harder at that contest. I am sure he will next time, as he doesn't seem the type to be inherently soft. He's is not hard man though, and should add to his game given his new body.

Oh and BTW, one of the biggest misconcpetions in footy is the thinking that Wellsy is a "magic" footballer, who constantly does "exciting" things. He is a fast, smart, explosive, ballw winning midfielder who will get 20+ posessions in most of the games he plays for the next 13 or 15 years.

Kind of like Mcleod merged with Buckley.

Joffaboy said:

Utter crap.

Joffaboy said:
He saw what was coming and knew that squib Grant would H&S him because he had his back turned to him.

spoken like a true one eyed saints fan :rolleyes:

garth p said:
But for a lousy point kicked by Daniel Wulf to draw the game against the swans, we would have had wells as well. now wouldn't that be a scary proposition to you guys. :(

I guess the few comparisons keep coming up because there have been far too many years recently where one club was tragic enough to bag the top 2 picks, so there's nobody bothering to compare the two players involved. Until last year, of course, where there were three basket cases to give the top end of the draft some unexpected competition.

Of course, it's such a novelty for us to have a player at North from anywhere near the top of the draft that we do get a bit excited about it. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wells v Goddard comparison...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back