Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I prefer your idealization. Royal all the time unless it clashes, like a proper club. (Added bonus of keeping the peril special too).
I'd rather WC ditched the whole concept of home and away jumpers and spread the three guernseys over all the home games.

Royal for day games should be a rule though.

Little bit off topic. Just say some old footage from the 1994 prelim final against Melbourne. For some reason we were wearing white shorts at home, while Melbourne we wearing their full navy strip. Not sure why, apart from Victorian bias :D Just seems strange, considering melbourne in white shorts would've worked fine, plus we were the home team?? It's like the bloody carlton SF in 2011, but 17 years earlier!!!

I'd rather WC ditched the whole concept of home and away jumpers and spread the three guernseys over all the home games.

I had this thought as well. Navy wings for night games, and Royal for day games would be mint.

I'm an advocate for day and night jumpers - Hawthorn did it a bit with their away strip generally being worn at night.

Royal in the Subi sun and navy under lights would be their best look.

Also the East Perth and Eagles partnership isn't that strong at all. It takes years for clubs like Hawthorn to change the amount of stripes, not colours, on Box Hill's jumper. East Perth won't change their jumper or add another colour... they'd tell the Eagles to piss off. That or a genuine low for the WAFL...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Switch jumpers at half-time in twilight games? :D
Quarter-time if the weather is like it was in Adelaide for the Port-Saints game; it was already pretty much dark then :p

Switch jumpers at half-time in twilight games? :D
Quarter-time if the weather is like it was in Adelaide for the Port-Saints game; it was already pretty much dark then :p
I'm just imagining supporters all rushing the merch stands at 1/2 to change from royal scarfs and shirts to navy.

There's a few nice Eagles jumpers in the WA Museum collection, including a yellow wings with AFL badge...

1988 Dean Laidley player issue/match worn

UT1kgtf.jpg

1990-92 Troy Ugle player issue

West Coast never wore their yellow strip after '88, but this jumper - along with a couple of other AFL-era yellow wings that we've seen - indicates that the club were planning to use it as a clash

ndnsnUH.jpg

1996 pre-season player issue (unissued)

5ro3zZ3.jpg

There's a few nice Eagles jumpers in the WA Museum collection, including a yellow wings with AFL badge...

UT1kgtf.jpg

West Coast never wore their yellow strip after '88, but this jumper - along with a couple of other AFL-era yellow wings that we've seen - indicates that the club were planning to use it as a clash

ndnsnUH.jpg

5ro3zZ3.jpg

Well according to West Coast it an official jumper until 1994.

UT1kgtf.jpg

ndnsnUH.jpg

5ro3zZ3.jpg

I got the peril on ebay a while back with AFL and HJs patches

my peril has marks on inside from where VFL, burswood, and SGIO were on it at some stage. looks like they kept a set around till 94 and changed over the sew on patches a couple of times in case it had to be used..

from little clues Ive seen new jumpers wernt as regular thing as they are now they print them. they seemed to get a set and stick to them..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw bloke wearing a 98/99 away #32 long sleeve player issue today. Navy with Hungary jacks front and back. Was pretty tempted to go offer him some cash for it.

A row or two back from the fence (block 114 or 115) at the 3-tier stand end?

Yep, saw that one too!

In the 360 degree photo. To the left of the big screen, lowest level of the boxes, above the Auscon scrap metal sign, directly above the S in scrap. Dude wearing a black hat, white shirt underneath. 92 GF logo on his guernsey. Looks pretty legit as far as size and positioning of logos. Go searching, see what you all reckon.

In the 360 degree photo. To the left of the big screen, lowest level of the boxes, above the Auscon scrap metal sign, directly above the S in scrap. Dude wearing a black hat, white shirt underneath. 92 GF logo on his guernsey. Looks pretty legit as far as size and positioning of logos. Go searching, see what you all reckon.

I'd pay it.

what photo?

A bloke on the WCE Facebook page is claiming that the match worn 'Farewell to Subiaco' jumpers the club is auctioning off are only training worn. Reckons he has 'inside information'.

Wonder if he has got the wrong end of the stick, because I'd imagine the player issues would be training worn.

EDIT: The club has responded to his claims:

Hi [name], what you have stated is completely false. These are match worn jumpers by the named 22 and the player issue jumpers for the remainder of the list. The club always trains in an event guernsey the week of the game, to allow us to get photos, and for the boys to be familiar with the look of them.

The guernsey auction involves match worn & player issue jumpers, complete with a club and AFL certificate of authenticity. Your 'inside information' is untrue.

Well that's that then.

Last edited:
A bloke on the WCE Facebook page is claiming that the match worn 'Farewell to Subiaco' jumpers the club is auctioning off are only training worn. Reckons he has 'inside information'.

Wonder if he has got the wrong end of the stick, because I'd imagine the player issues would be training worn.

EDIT: The club has responded to his claims:

Well that's that then.

Interesting.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back