Re: New Captain

Dean Cox 26
Darren Glass 26
Michael Braun 29
Adam Hunter 26
Andrew Embley 26
Tyson Stenglein 27
Daniel Kerr 24

I think we should be looking at a long term captain here not another 2, 3 yearer.
When i played sports, football included, the captain was usually the best player, the 1 you rely on to lift when they have to. The one all the opposition see as the person most likely to win you the game. Kerr is the 1 in my opinion. He may not be the greatest speaker yet, but that can be taught. He may have had off field issues, but i am pretty confident he has learnt his lesson, And i am pretty confident he will be our most influential player in the next few years, maybe even displacing Judd as the leagues best midfielder.
Remember when Cousins became sole captain, i think he was voted worst captain in the league at one stage, he is a prime example of someone growing into the role, same with Judd, but screw him. Anyway i doubt Kerr will get it but dam id love it if he did, plus im pretty sure he has blue and yellow blood!

Dean Cox 26
Darren Glass 26
Michael Braun 29
Adam Hunter 26
Andrew Embley 26
Tyson Stenglein 27
Daniel Kerr 24

I think we should be looking at a long term captain here not another 2, 3 yearer.
When i played sports, football included, the captain was usually the best player, the 1 you rely on to lift when they have to. The one all the opposition see as the person most likely to win you the game. Kerr is the 1 in my opinion. He may not be the greatest speaker yet, but that can be taught. He may have had off field issues, but i am pretty confident he has learnt his lesson, And i am pretty confident he will be our most influential player in the next few years, maybe even displacing Judd as the leagues best midfielder.
Remember when Cousins became sole captain, i think he was voted worst captain in the league at one stage, he is a prime example of someone growing into the role, same with Judd, but screw him. Anyway i doubt Kerr will get it but dam id love it if he did, plus im pretty sure he has blue and yellow blood!

If Kerr managed to go a year or 2 without getting arrested or getting suspended for whacking someone he might be in contention. Who knows, maybe one day, but for 2008?

We may as well send Benny over to Nimbin for his end of season trip while we're at it.

Ben Cousins is the heart and soul of this football club.

Look at the contrast in emotion between him and Juddas after winning the flag.

Ben ****ed up, but he bleeds blue and gold and is revered at the club.

Captain: Cousins
Vice-Captain: Cox
Leadership Group: Glass, Brett Jones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta be Coxy. The guy is one of the greatest examples of turning yourself into a top class performer, rather than being born one.

Never forget reading an article where he said he was contemplating not coming back to training because he was by far the unfittest in the team. Now he'd be close to the fittest player above 190cm in the competition.

Re: Who gets the captaincy?

DEAN COX ------ an abosolute shoe in! Champion of the game, great work ethic, fantastic versatile player....

Re: Who gets the captaincy?

Dean Cox. Speaks very well and the players love him.

Have to agree with you there mate. Very fluent speaker and is not media shy at all! Great ruckman with some of the best ball skills you will see for a guy over six foot. His performance throughout the year was greatly recognised last night by being named the All Australian ruckman. Darren Glass Should be Vice Captain along with Kerry. Other thoughts??

I can't understand some of these 'votes' :confused:

Cousins is a total NO ! He's been there, done it and screwed it. Sad but true.

Cox wants it, and the media attention, far too much.

Braun's a good guy but nearly shot anyway.

Kerr's too young, but in a year or two, possibly.

RoJo would be a GREAT "how to piss 'em all off choice", which I'd like :) but won't happen of course.

Glass is so way out in front, I can't see why there's any discussion about it :confused:

A new banner on the WCE website:

eagles.jpg

What odds that this is the new leadership group?

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Who Will Be Our New Captain?" Superthread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back