FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

You're well and truly missing what he means by brutal.

Wallace was shot, michaels step dad was brutally bashed, whether or not he deserved it has nothing to do with the brutality of how he died.

A long drawn-out scene of a 14 y-o kid getting murdered by his friends versus some scumbag getting bashed to death? I'm sticking with the former, both as a more brutal act, and as being more brutal to watch. Just my opinion, of course.

A long drawn-out scene of a 14 y-o kid getting murdered by his friends versus some scumbag getting bashed to death? I'm sticking with the former, both as a more brutal act, and as being more brutal to watch. Just my opinion, of course.

The Partlow beating was more brutal to watch.

How many head stomps did he drop on him? About 120?

The Partlow beating was more brutal to watch.

How many head stomps did he drop on him? About 120?

Agreed.

I think cellotape is getting emotionally caught up in the wallace killing and has lost all objectivity.

FWIW, i was gutted when wallace was killed, he was my favourite character at that point.

You're well and truly missing what he means by brutal.

Wallace was shot, michaels step dad was brutally bashed, whether or not he deserved it has nothing to do with the brutality of how he died.

Yep, spot on nicky. :thumbsu:

Favourite characters?

All I will say is I wouldnt mind spending a night in a Kima and Snoop sandwich.

Ok, thats taking Wire love just a bit too far for mind.....unless your that way inclined obviously. Certainly shouldnt be a hetrosexual fantasy thats for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took me a year of waiting and three weeks of watching, but now I have seen The Wire. Like somebody said before, I can already feel that Post Wire Depression coming on. Damn it was a good show. So in-depth, exciting and well-written, I am truly envious of all the people who get to watch this show for the first time. Quite simply, the best television series i have ever seen.

Just finished Season 2 of the 5 season box set. Absolutely brilliant show.

Really liked the Frank Sobotka character and context "we don;t make anything anymore, we just look to put our hand in the pocket of the next guy" - very well written and performed.

Simon described the second season as

"a meditation on the death of work and the betrayal of the American working class.…it is a deliberate argument that unencumbered capitalism is not a substitute for social policy; that on its own, without a social compact , raw capitalism is destined to serve the few at the expense of the many."

Great, great show.

But my god does David Simon sound like a w***er. Think he also compared inner city elementary school teaching to 'Vietnam'.

Recently started watching this show and was at first disappointed by it after all the hype it has received.

i tried watching the first episode and got distracted.

this is th second time this has happened, maybe its not meant to be

During the first couple of episodes it didn't strike me as much more than an above average 'cop' show. But then I really started to like it.

I think it's pace and style can make it seem 'boring/dull' at first. A friend of mine hasn't got past episode one despite my chronic nagging :thumbsdown:

Finished watching the entire thing a couple of days ago and would have it as the best television I've ever seen. 5 Seasons were good because it gave us long enough to really enjoy a huge range of characters and their development but short enough so they weren't flogging it to death.

In order of how I rated the seasons I'd go: 4>5>3=1>>>2. I loved the new generation of street characters that came through, didn't like the dock workers much at all (couldn't stand Ziggy) and spent most of Season 2 hanging out for my old favourites from Season 1 to appear.

My overall favourite character was Omar (bit of a given really) but the rest varied from season to season and I'd go:

Season 1: McNulty, D'Angelo,Wallace
Season 2: Frank, Brother Mouzone, "why always" Boris
Season 3: Bodie, Prop Joe, Colvin, Bubbles
Season 4: Bodie, Slim Charles, Randy, Dukie, Prez
Season 5: Michael, Prop Joe, Slim Charles, Bunk, Gus, Gutierrez :heart:

Funniest scene for me was when they made the bust on the brothel and walk in on McNulty balls deep in the hooker.

Favourite scene:
[YOUTUBE]WP-lrftLQaQ[/YOUTUBE]

Saddest scene (shed a tear or two):
[YOUTUBE]tFkWPNJAy14[/YOUTUBE]

The way he knows his time is up, but still stands his ground and dies with pride ("Yo this is my corner, I ain't running nowhere!"), really gets to me. Really sums him up as a character and is a fitting end to his development throughout the series.

Just started watching season 3 and my all time favourite character just got shot multiple times:(.

Pretty angry at the show now i though he was vital to the show:mad:

SB? **** him, he deserved everything he got.

Oh Major FML the torrent i downloaded screwed up the titles in season 3 so i watched ep1 then ep10,11,12 then before the next one was ep 2 and stringer was alive again, i was like WTF.

god dammit no wonder i couldnt follow it and i wasnt enjoying the season

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back