FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna sift through 38 pages but just in case this hasn't been posted yet, I thought it was funny to see all the parts people didn't get but then got one later. Especially Chris' actor who was an extra in an early season.
[YOUTUBE]BRNm21GWEJY[/YOUTUBE]

if you wanna see something funny check out McNulty as Kirk Cuddy, Steel Dragon Guitarist in rock star (if l knew how to you-tube l would).

Interesting to see Dominic West, the Actor who played McNulty appear in the trailer for Johnny English ...

Yes... mr Bean as a spy agent who talks...

But no... rest assured hes just being Mcnulty, whereas Rowan Atkinson is most likely going to be carrying the film again

Still on iview. Watched it this arvo.

Very Wire-ish, but Duck was stupid for handling the product (at least post re-up, as he wanted to keep his contact private). Avon wouldn't have done that. :D

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/series/3189416

Mos def, Omar would have robbed his a$$ faster than you could say "indeed". Quality doco though, love ABC2 at the moment.

Watched the first series of Luther on the ABC. Was really good, can't wait until they show the second series.

Just looked on Wikipedia and the second series is going to be 2x2hr specials, so obviously it didn't rate very well, but the BBC will let them wrap the story up.

Was converted as a result of this thread.
Now that I have some time on my hands am picking up on all the stuff I missed in the first time view of it.
Mos Def, my favourite character is Omar, but I definately enjoyed Stringer as well.

Least Fav Character- Probably going out on a Limb but Wallace he was a bit of a whinger and I couldnt beleive he was that stupid and came back like a lamb to the slaughter

Was converted as a result of this thread.
Now that I have some time on my hands am picking up on all the stuff I missed in the first time view of it.
Mos Def, my favourite character is Omar, but I definately enjoyed Stringer as well.

Least Fav Character- Probably going out on a Limb but Wallace he was a bit of a whinger and I couldnt beleive he was that stupid and came back like a lamb to the slaughter

I know im it minority here but i HATED Stringer. A fantastic character, sure, but one I had no sympathy for.

SPOILERS

Highlght to reveal > Was very very very happy when Omar and Brother Mouzone capped his a$$, espcially after what he did to DeAngelo, Wallace and Avon. <

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugged in as I needed a laugh, the episode of the wire where Ziggy takes a duck to the stevodores bar.
I forgot how I underappreciated S2 of the wire it is a quality season

Season 2 gets such a bad rap (comparatively), but I love it.

Sure it doesn't have the tension that S3 has, and it doesn't punch you in the guts as much as S4 (especially the second half) does, but it's a great season. And besides, the last 5 minutes of the season is just a great scene...

(Spoilers if you haven't seen the show yet)

[YOUTUBE]6SO40ansNU8[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 gets such a bad rap (comparatively), but I love it.

Haha, I wrote something this morning about the montage at the end of Season 2 but my browser crashed and lost it all upon hitting submit.

Totally agree about S2 and the montage that accompanied that season.
SPOILERS - Hightlight to reveal:--->Really felt for Nick Sobotka, looking on the site that was planned for refurbishment, hanging on the cyclone fencing, think about his Uncle and Cousin and how things had changed so quickly. Then he walks off in the rain, never to be seen until Season 5.<--

Love S2, just had such a unique feel about it. The landscape, characters. Just loved the little bar The Greek hung out at. The duck was awesome!!

‘Wire’ actress ‘Snoop’ pleads not guilty in drug case

By Baltimore Sun

(Marvin Joseph - THE WASHINGTON POST) Felicia "Snoop" Pearson, the Baltimore actress who played a ruthless hitwoman on HBO's "The Wire," pleaded not guilty Tuesday morning to drug conspiracy charges and requested a trial by jury, tentatively set for Aug. 9.

Pearson, who appeared in Baltimore Circuit Court dressed in an oversized black polo shirt and baggy jeans, declined to comment Tuesday, saying she would talk "as soon as the case is over with."

She's "letting the lawyers take care of the legal issues and she's doing what she needs to do professionally," her attorney, Benjamin Sutley, said after the arraignment.

Pearson, who turns 31 on Wednesday, was arrested in March along with more than 60 others as part of a state and federal sting dubbed "Operation Usual Suspects." She is accused of bankrolling a drug organization that sold heroin and marijuana throughout Baltimore, though she said at a hearing in March that she was broke.

"Check my bank account; I have no money," she told the judge at the time.

Pearson was originally ordered held without bail after her arrest, though a judge last month allowed her to be released on $50,000 bond and under electronic monitoring so she could travel to Philadelphia for film work.

She declined to elaborate on the project Tuesday, and her lawyer said it wasn't his place to discuss her career.

"I'm not her agent," Sutley said outside the courthouse with Pearson standing stoically at his side.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...on-drug-charges/2011/05/17/AFZSfb5G_blog.html

Somehow I dont like her chances..

I have done so much episode pondering and reflection to this track:

[YOUTUBE]cwlMpQfx4cI[/YOUTUBE]

So true. You end up spending 10 mins after each episode reflecting on the epicness that just unfolded.

Haha, I wrote something this morning about the montage at the end of Season 2 but my browser crashed and lost it all upon hitting submit.

Totally agree about S2 and the montage that accompanied that season.
SPOILERS - Hightlight to reveal:--->Really felt for Nick Sobotka, looking on the site that was planned for refurbishment, hanging on the cyclone fencing, think about his Uncle and Cousin and how things had changed so quickly. Then he walks off in the rain, never to be seen until Season 5.<--

Love S2, just had such a unique feel about it. The landscape, characters. Just loved the little bar The Greek hung out at. The duck was awesome!!

Yeah thought that season 2 was great. I'd personally rate them 3/4 (can't split them), 2,1,5. That being said, they are all amazing.

was scrolling though the channels a month or so back and noticed a black guy (fully grown) on the show parenthood. was playing someone who was sharply dressed but just his eyes reminded me of someone, after a while i worked out it was wallace 6 years on

good pull :D
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430107/
We now know where Wallace is at.

Watched it on recommendation of Whomb, slotted into first place ahead of Dexter as my favourite TV show.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back