FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Wire S1 on special as of May 1

Yikes.

I've never used JB online but often look at it for price comparison with EzyDVD online. Like you said, EzyDVD online is bloody quality. I usually get it the next day. :thumbsu:

I used JB online once but ended up cancelling my order after waiting over a week and a half, then it took exactly 1 month (and a lot of emails) for them to transfer back my funds. Joke of a company and I hope people read this and dont buy from them.

Re: The Wire S1 on special as of May 1

Can't wait for season 3 and 4. Price is a little bit rich but you're looking at around $100 to get them from the States anyway.

Can't wait to watch season 4 again.

Damn I can't believe I never bothered watching this before. I caught a repeat tonight and loved it! Anyone know a site where I can watch the series online? Or maybe buy the dvd's? Thanks!

Damn I can't believe I never bothered watching this before. I caught a repeat tonight and loved it! Anyone know a site where I can watch the series online? Or maybe buy the dvd's? Thanks!

Do a bit of a search on the regular torrent places, or buy at ezydvd or JB HiFi.

Just finished the last of season 5 last night. Up there with Deadwood and I don't say that lightly, hell I'd say it's better then Twin Peaks. I've been holding off posting due to the chance of reading spoilers. It is a recommendation I'd give to every one.

-=*SOPILERS*=-
How cool was one of the last scenes with Dukie, Michael and Bug, when they drop Bug off at his mothers. I was so thinking; Avon, Stringer and D’angello 10 years ago. Then BAM! Michael chooses the life of Omar! I almost jumped out of my chair with joy!

Can anyone tell me what the season 3 and 4 US DVD cases are like? Digipacks? Regular single DVD case? Those thicker regular cases?

Tossing up whether to wait until the Aus release or get them with my Amazon order.

Can anyone tell me what the season 3 and 4 US DVD cases are like? Digipacks? Regular single DVD case? Those thicker regular cases?

Tossing up whether to wait until the Aus release or get them with my Amazon order.

Season 3 is similar to the Aussie s1&2, except the outer case is cardboard instead of plastic. The discs are in little transparent plastic holders that can be 'turned-over' like pages in a book.

Season 4 is 4 individual slim DVD packets, held in a cardboard external box, with a cardboard sleeve covering it to hold the indiv' packets in.

I just knocked off the last episode of S5. Amazing. The best show I've ever watched. I had 3 episodes to watch and didn't sit down until about 1am - I'm tired, but oh so satisfied.

Nice to see The Wire snubbed by The Emmys again. You'd think with it being the last chance to honour only the greatest show in TV history that these mopes would at least give it some sort of nomination, but I guess it doesn't appeal to housewives and 16 year olds enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only seen a few Season 1 episodes. I think Homicide LOTS was much better but everyone raves on and on about The Wire. I'm going to wait for the DVD box set to be released and might buy that.

Coincidentally, my order for the Homicide LOTS 35-DVD box set just arrived in the mail today. It's a beauty!

what did I say two years ago? News in just today:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wire-The-Complete-Series/10463

Release date: December 9

So I'm on youtube looking for songs by The Pogues and in the "related videos" section on the side of the page is a video with the title that is an absolute huuuuge spoiler to how The Wire ends and I've only seen the first 3 seasons. I am so pissed off right now I just needed to get on here and vent. F--k I am so frustrated...

So I'm on youtube looking for songs by The Pogues and in the "related videos" section on the side of the page is a video with the title that is an absolute huuuuge spoiler to how The Wire ends and I've only seen the first 3 seasons. I am so pissed off right now I just needed to get on here and vent. F--k I am so frustrated...

dont wanna know the ending, but what Pogues songs did you look up?

The BEst Of The Pogues and The Best Of The Rest get more play on y iRiver than anyother albums. they are genius!

im almost done with season 5, to be honest seasons 1 and 3 were amazing, seasons 2 and 4 were decent but im not really into 5 that much, the whole premise is a bit far fetched, then the omar story made no sense to even include :confused:

Really?

David West is an ex journalist. The Media centre shown in this series is meant to be the greatest, most realistic portrayal of how the media works ever.

dont wanna know the ending, but what Pogues songs did you look up?

The BEst Of The Pogues and The Best Of The Rest get more play on y iRiver than anyother albums. they are genius!

Do not look up "Body Of An American" on youtube. I think they used "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" in season 1 or 2 where McNulty's drunk driving and singing along to it so you'd best not look that up either. Seriously, there was nothing at all cryptic about the title of the spoiler video. It's the equivalent of "DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S DAD". Big and obvious.

Season 1-4 are on sale for $20 at EzyDVD from December 17th. Guessing most other stores will have them around that price as well.

Being a tight ass and waiting for sales has never felt so good.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back