Theft by finding!

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like it if other media outlets and people would stop their moral judgment on the person who found it though, you never know their circumstances, it could have been her once in a lifetime opportunity to make some much needed moolah you never know.

So say that when you go public, not: "oh my GP told me to do it, in the long run its in the best interest of the players, blah blah fookn blah".

What she should have said was: "Look, everyone's doing it these days, I'm a bit short of a quid, sorry but there it is". I honestly think she would have been viewed in a better light.

I'm amazed there is anyone who thought you can legally keep other people's property if you find it.

Do people think if you stumble across someone else's credit cards in the gutter, you're allowed to use them?

At sea its called claiming salvage rights. If a mariner finds an abandoned vessel (Mearsk Tucoma in Bass Strait about 4 years ago), floating container etc they are able to claim salvage rights; re part ownership over these goods.

Until the real owner is found/comes forward they retain ownership of the goods and then can charge the true owners a percentage of the worth of the goods to return them.

At sea its called claiming salvage rights. If a mariner finds an abandoned vessel (Mearsk Tucoma in Bass Strait about 4 years ago), floating container etc they are able to claim salvage rights; re part ownership over these goods.

Until the real owner is found/comes forward they retain ownership of the goods and then can charge the true owners a percentage of the worth of the goods to return them.

Rather simplistic version of events. Ownership has to be given up before salvage rights can be obtained freely. About the only time salvage rights are obtained freely is when the wreck is so old that owenship records are lost, or the wreck is considered worthless and they are freely transfered.

When a ship goes down, the ownership transfers to the insurance company, who then, through complicated means, may right off the debt thereby releasing the ownership.

Rather simplistic version of events. Ownership has to be given up before salvage rights can be obtained freely. About the only time salvage rights are obtained freely is when the wreck is so old that owenship records are lost, or the wreck is considered worthless and they are freely transfered.

When a ship goes down, the ownership transfers to the insurance company, who then, through complicated means, may right off the debt thereby releasing the ownership.

As i said Mearsk Tucoma, 4 years ago in Bass Strait, the owners did not gove up ownership of their vessel, yet they allowed another to lay claim to it (a percentage of the gross worth of the cargo) to salvage the vessel for them.

So far that is all she is charged with and she hasn't been found guilty of that yet either. Obviously you were there and know exactly what happened.

What do you mean 'she hasn't been found guilty of that yet' ??

Do you mean new evidence will come to light proving her claims, that she found them in the street, to be false?

Did she find them somewhere else?
Did someone else find them in the street?

Her gutter story is an admission of theft.
As such, seven has paid for stolen property.
Are you calling me a nuff nuff for thinking this?

What do you mean 'she hasn't been found guilty of that yet' ??

Do you mean new evidence will come to light proving her claims, that she found them in the street, to be false?

Did she find them somewhere else?
Did someone else find them in the street?

Her gutter story is an admission of theft.
As such, seven has paid for stolen property.
Are you calling me a nuff nuff for thinking this?

Great to see Hawthorn fans supporting all AFL players.....

Same as finding a wallet on the street & not handing it in to the police

I found a Wallet in the street when I was 9, handed straight back to a teenage girl. (She went to the center manager and my mum heard an annoucement of the PA) She took the Wallet and headed straight out of the managers office without as much as a thank you.

the way i see it if you find something, it's yours. if however it has any sort of identification on it that shows who it belongs to and thus giving you the option of returning it to the rightful owner, than if you don't it's theft.

As i said Mearsk Tucoma, 4 years ago in Bass Strait, the owners did not gove up ownership of their vessel, yet they allowed another to lay claim to it (a percentage of the gross worth of the cargo) to salvage the vessel for them.

Yes but wasn't that a commercial arrangement, where permission was given?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Hawthorn fans supporting all AFL players.....

If by AFL players you mean 'the AFLPA stance that seven has acted disgracefully and without ethics in this matter' then yes, I am supporting all AFL players.

Are you going to stand true to your claim that 'you don't want to invest in a club that allows drug taking' and not spend another cent supporting the AFL? The AFL, according to your logic, allows drug taking.

Phrase: "Possession is nine tenths of the law."

busted.gif

If by AFL players you mean 'the AFLPA stance that seven has acted disgracefully and without ethics in this matter' then yes, I am supporting all AFL players.

Are you going to stand true to your claim that 'you don't want to invest in a club that allows drug taking' and not spend another cent supporting the AFL? The AFL, according to your logic, allows drug taking.

if my club allowed players to get away with breaking the law in respect to drugs. they get not one more cent from me!

if my club allowed players to get away with breaking the law in respect to drugs. they get not one more cent from me!

And you know they haven't? 28 positive tests I think you said.

Your club is part of the AFL. The AFL allows two strikes with no real penalty.

Your club allows players to break the law! Hand in your membership now! (if you didn't already after last week.:p)

No textbook collingwood would be... Unbolt it... throw it on the ground and say you found it...

Or Screwdriver the keyhole, Hotwire it... take it to a mates place for a respray and new number plates and then realise that you should have pinched a BMW or a Merc not a 1984 camry

Thats what I assumed by 'found' when I saw he barracked for the pies ;):D

Small point, but she didn't find them floating in the ocean.

Lucky there isn't a drug problem in the western suburbs, so they won't be tempted, and the club won't be sent broke by you not buying a new beanie every 12 years.

Lucky there isn't a drug problem in the western suburbs, so they won't be tempted, and the club won't be sent broke by you not buying a new beanie every 12 years.

Where is your act tonight? Can you get me free tickets?

You know how it works guys, just like 'ol Cookie did all those years ago.

You get a ship sail across the ocean, say you found a big country and then keep it.

Hey, then how come Cookie wasn't charged?

Remove this Banner Ad

Theft by finding!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back