Theme songs

Remove this Banner Ad

im sorry but i think most of the interstate songs arent that good....sydneys are alright.
tigers have the best and of corse i love the dees one (catchy):thumbsu:
even tho i hate to say it essendons one and collingwood are pretty good aswell...

freos doesnt seem like a good song that can be screamed out in the rooms after a win...its a bit gloomy?:thumbsdown:

grantyc77 said:
Melbourne and the tigers songs are easily the best in the comp.

have to agree with you there, the melbourne song is easily my favourite.

. .second would be the doggies.

honourable mentions go to the tigers, blues, hawks .. .

HATE !! (and i hear it every second week @ subi) the freo song. you just can't sing along to it. it's terrible.

i like the collingwood richmond melbourne one

i think i only like the collingwood one cause it was played nearly every time on the footy show when ed was in charge. Good old colling wood forever they know how to play the game.... its a good song but

OH WERE FROM TIGERLAND
A FIGHTING FURY WERE FROM TIGERLAND
IN ANY WEATHER YOU WILL SEE US WITH A GRIN
RISKING HEAD AND SHIN
IF WERE BEHIND THEN NEVER MIND WELL FIGHT AND FIGHT AND WIN
FOR WERE FROM TIGERLAND WERE NEVER BEATEN TIL THE FINAL SIRENS GONE
LIKE THE TIGER OF OLD WERE STRONG AND WERE BOLD
OH WERE FROM TIIIGEEERRR
YELLOW AND BLACK!!!!!
WERE FROM TIGER LAAAANNND

Good theme songs:
Melbourne
Collingwood
Carlton
Adelaide

OK:
Sydney
Richmond
North
Brisbane
St Kilda

Bad:
Essendon
Bulldogs
Geelong
Hawthorn
West Coast

Terrible:
Fremantle
Port - "We'll never stop, stop, stop till we're top, top, top" (Enough said)

40010 said:
This has been brought up often in the media in the past but has been quiet for a while. I think one of the worst things in the AFL is the outdated club songs. History aside, what image does this give to the world? It makes us look amateurish.

Best theme song I've ever heard was when the Doggies adopted the Baha Men's 'Who let the dogs out'. At least modern songs put a vibe into the game and get the crowd more involved.

I mean, "So join in the chorus". Pfft, if I wasn't an Aussie, hell if I wasn't raised in an AFL household, I think I'd die of laughter. I practically am and I was born in an AFL household and I'm a passionate roos supporter.
I'm not really all that concerned with how the rest of the world sees us

There's no way i would ever want Carlton's theme song changed, not just because it brings back great memories but i always loved ringing my other team supporting friends after a win - as soon as they picked up you could start singing DA DADA DADA!

Bretski said:
Yeah i agree the afl teams need new songs, since freo is a new team their song is still regarded as more up to date so they can keep theirs cos its probably the best song in the afl anyway, but the rest of the clubs need new songs

Ya gotta be kiddin.FFS:rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

Your gospel will set it straight, heres how it goes

1. Richmond
2. Melbourne

Then Daylight then

3. Brisbane
4. North Melbourne
5. Sydney
6. St Kilda
7. Collingwood
8. Adelaide
9. Geelong
10. Essendon
11. Carlton
12. West Coast
13. Hawthorn
14. Bulldogs
15. Port Adelaide
16. Freo Dorkers

The songs of the original clubs from Victoria are all ok but the new clubs .... well they leave a lot to be desired.

Especially Port Adelaide, Fremantle and West Coast.

They must have run a schools competition and picked the worst entries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petergm said:
The songs of the original clubs from Victoria are all ok but the new clubs .... well they leave a lot to be desired.

Especially Port Adelaide, Fremantle and West Coast.

They must have run a schools competition and picked the worst entries.
so true.

Richmond
Melbourne
Collingwood

Petergm said:
The Bulldogs changed their lyric when they changed their name from Footscray to the Western Bulldogs.
They changed it even before that Pete, they had the original song (performed by the Fable Singers - like the rest of the Victorian clubs) and had reworded it in the late 80's or early 90's.
The original Footscray song is Here on the Footscraynotwesternbulldogs site.
It is slow to load up though.

Bretski said:
Errr no, Freo's song is clearly the best, its catchy and has the best beat to it, hence why it should dtay, i cant see why you would think its not the best

I dunno, it's hardly ever played, so i suppose it's hard to 'get sick off'

Bretski said:
Freo's is the only real recognisable one that you could play on a guitar without it sounding stupid

Could that have something to do with the way you play your guitar?:D

Kangaroopit said:
Has any team ever changed its song? (he asks hopefully)

Thankfully the Crows changed their song from 'Here we go, here we go, Camry Crows'. So it's not too late for Freo!!!!

Trick is to find an old military song and change the words. Making up a new song like Port did, just makes other supporters laugh every time you hear it.:D

I love the traditional theme songs - Kangas, Richmond and Essendon are by far the best. I like Adelaide's too, but only because they stole it from the Perth Demons.

"We're the pride of West Australia...
....from our home at Lathlain Park......

Remove this Banner Ad

Theme songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back