These players, Whats your Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Green - Keep/Trade/Delist - undecided on captaincy. He clearly still backs himself but is deluded if he thinks this year has been a competant one. Would it do more harm to have him sulk all next year?
Colin Sylvia- Keep/Trade/Delist - if he wants a trade, tart him about to other clubs to see what he's worth. If one club bites hard and he's willing, ship him off and I won't be totally devestated. Otherwise keep him on: the charges of being inconsistant aren't true this year, he has been consistantly good, but not consistantly gamebreakingly great like we want.
Aaron Davey- Keep/Trade/Delist - I think Davey is an important off-field leader at the club, especially with the young guys and the indigenous players. That said, he's been poor on field this year. What happens to him is completely up to his mental state. If he has the fire, keep him. If he doesn't, flog him off if we can or otherwise show him the door.
Cale Morton - Keep/Trade/Delist - too young and too talented to get rid of. Too mentally shot at the moment to turn down a half decent offer from somewhere else if they're keen on him.
Matthew Bate- Keep/Trade/Delist - has been servicable but doesn't have a future here. Surely would get more opportunities elsewhere and might be worth a little bit, but probably not a lot.
Jamie Bennell- Keep/Trade/Delist - young and inconsistant. Hasn't used up all his lives just yet.
Addam Maric- Keep/Trade/Delist - see Maric, but closer to the edge
Matthew Warnock- Keep/Trade/Delist - see Bate
Michael Newton - Keep/Trade/Delist - we might get something on the open market for him, but I doubt it. Nice bloke, talented, not an AFL player.
Jake Spencer- Keep/Trade/Delist - see Newton.

I'll add a few for your consideration:
Austin Wonnaeamirri - Keep/Trade/Delist - Again comes down to attitude. I wasn't totally convinced by what he said after the Darwin game and when he came back down south. If he really is committed, he's a keeper, otehrwise...
Lynden Dunn - Keep/Trade/Delist - was out of the team in my books before this last little run of half decency. Shows a little bit of fight when others don't and hasn't been totally useless. Still might get something more valuable than his services on the trade table.
Clint Bartram - Keep/Trade/Delist - The sort of player that might be in your best 22 but you don't want him to be. Could be worth a bit to a team in need of a tagger but kicking just isn't up to what we need it to be. Will hopefully spend a lot of time on the outer next year if he is in the team, and I don;t say that because I don't like him or the effort he gives, but because otehrs will have gone past him/be fit enough to make it.

Brad Green - Keep/Trade/Delist
Colin Sylvia- Keep/Trade/Delist Not sure, depends on whether other clubs are keen on offering a top 10 pick
Aaron Davey- Keep/Trade/Delist keep for no, but loved Viney questioning his desire
Cale Morton - Keep/Trade/Delist
Matthew Bate- Keep/Trade/Delist
Jamie Bennell- Keep/Trade/Delist
Addam Maric- Keep/Trade/Delist
Matthew Warnock- Keep/Trade/Delist Don't delist
Michael Newton - Keep/Trade/Delist
Jake Spencer- Keep/Trade/Delist Would like to see him after one more pre-season in the wights room. Looked okay in the NAB cup

My offloads

Clint Bartram first to go cannot kick & has never been able to!

Matthew Warnock writing is on the wall

Matthew Bate could be a win win here,could get something good in a trade for him plus a fresh start is maybe what he needs

Cale Morton keep but if a good deal came up for his trade you would seriously look at it

Aaron Davey & Colin Sylvia have to ask both if they really want to play for the club,if its not a firm yes look to trade

Brad Green keep,anyone even mentioning otherwise is deluded,must be played as a forward for now on,no comeos in the midfield

Jake Spencer & Michael Newton delist

Jamie Bennell & Addam Maric both keeps but both would want to start delivering from next year on

We should seriously look at moving the following players on at seasons end:

Warnock - definitely trade potential with clubs screaming for full backs
Bate - Petterd, Jurrah, Howe and Dunn have more tricks
Jetta - too slow, lacks any tricks besides tackling
Spencer - with the improvement of Martin and Gawn, simply do not need
Newton - No need to explain
McNamara - ok player, but probably not up to AFL standard
Morton - trade bait. could possibly thrive under a new coach though
Bartram - i love his endeavour, but he simply can't kick. potential trade

Everyone else is a required player. With a new coach, players can find a new level, and that's what I'm hoping with players like Bennell, Maric, Sylvia, Morton, Wona, Dunn and a few others who are 50/50 potential trade bait.

Brad Green - Keep - We cant afford to lose another senior player, surely we have learnt our lesson. Brad is a damn good player however i dont think he should be captain. Play him on his merits next year. If he warrants a game on form play him if he doesnt then he plays in the magoos.

Colin Sylvia- Keep - Colin sylvia still needs time to mature as an adult he still seems to be a bit behind in maturity. He is a star player no question. He is a match winner on his day and needs to be kept.

Aaron Davey- Keep - Why would you get rid of him??? he's a freak, ok his had a bad year but give him a break. He was hampered during the pre season with an injury and then he hurt his knee pretty badly. Ill back this guy up any day of the week. I do think he is more dangerous up forward and id like to see him moved there again next season.

Cale Morton - Trade - No intensity and makes bad decisions under pressure. Needs to be traded.

Matthew Bate - Trade - If we can get a trade for him do it, if we cant delist him. He has the turning circle of the Titanic.

Jamie Bennell- Keep - Only been at the club a short while, would be silly to trade or delist him. He has showed what he could be capable of.

Addam Maric- Keep - I really like addam he has been very unlucky and in some ways been a scape goat. I've been impressed with him this year its a pity the club don't have the same faith.

Matthew Warnock- Keep - Simply because he has size. Apart from Frawley our backline has no strength.

Michael Newton - Delist - Times up im afraid

Jake Spencer- Delist - i cant see a single team wanted to trade for him. Dont know who made the call to pick him up, but who ever did needs to pack there bags.

Good luck paying out Davey's contract, or even getting anyone to take it on: he's still got 2 more years under contract. Simply would not make sense to move him. He's just having a shit year. Needs tough love type coaching IMHO.

As does Sylvia, although different contract situation.

Good luck paying out Davey's contract, or even getting anyone to take it on: he's still got 2 more years under contract. Simply would not make sense to move him. He's just having a shit year. Needs tough love type coaching IMHO.

As does Sylvia, although different contract situation.
Yeah but daveys 28, is it too late for him to turn it around, its very for a player to peak, fall and then get back up again..

He needs tough love, but he shouldnt need it either... hes 28, he should no what he needs to do by now

Now that we have finished playing the heavy hitters, i believe the players on list have had their chance to show us what they are REALLY made of, i dont care if sylvia kicks 5 against the tiges and has 30 touches, that would further prove the theory of 'frontrunner'

SO the question is, Keep/Trade/Delist

Brad Green - Keep/Trade/Delist (might be contracted?)
Colin Sylvia- Keep/Trade/Delist
Aaron Davey- Keep/Trade/Delist (undecided)
Cale Morton - Keep/Trade/Delist
Matthew Bate- Keep/Trade/Delist
Jamie Bennell- Keep/Trade/Delist
Addam Maric- Keep/Trade/Delist
Matthew Warnock- Keep/Trade/Delist
Michael Newton - Keep/Trade/Delist
Jake Spencer- Keep/Trade/Delist

Im well aware you would be lucky to get even 2nd round picks for spencer, warnock and bate, but they are worth a 3rd rounder atleast
Colin Sylvia will fit in perfectly at the saints or swans
Brad Green probably cant be delisted, but he can have the captaincy stripped atleast

I believe all 3 of maric, bennell and morton are young enough to persist with, whilst morton is hanging by a thread.. you cant cut your losses too early on a bloke who is still only 21

Brad Green - Keep/Trade/Delist (Not a good leader but good player)
Colin Sylvia- Keep/Trade/Delist (Only trade if we can get someone good)
Aaron Davey- Keep/Trade/Delist (At his best is our best)
Cale Morton - Keep/Trade/Delist (If he wants a change, must get a desent pick at least)
Matthew Bate- Keep/Trade/Delist (gone thanks to Howe :))
Jamie Bennell- Keep/Trade/Delist (still young)
Addam Maric- Keep/Trade/Delist (still young)
Matthew Warnock- Keep/Trade/Delist (Good enough to play)
Michael Newton - Keep/Trade/Delist (dud)
Jake Spencer- Keep/Trade/Delist (Gawn now ahead so gone or trade)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TRADE:

JONES: Dumb footballer, trade him now before it's too late cos he won't be getting any better.

MORTON: Trade him for anything cos he's 1 year away from being delisted.

SYLVIA: Selfish, lazy footballer who will never live up to expectations. Do it now or regret it later.

DELIST:

WARNOCK: Worst footballer in the AFL, no one could possibly want this clown I don't know what you people see in him.

BATE: Too slow, had plenty of chances.

DUNN: Doesn't do enough, time to go.

MARIC: Too small, soft, selfish and lazy. Enough reasons there to delist him.

CAMPBELL: Failed experiment time to move on.

MACDONALD: Competing with Warnock as the dumbest footballer in the AFL. I think he gave away at least 5 goals on the weekend.

NEWTON: Almost makes Warnock look good.

MCNAMARA: Nothing footballer, time to go.

JOHNSTON: Same as McNamara

ROOKIE:

WONAEAMIRRI: Not committed, fat, lazy and slow, hasn't had a kick since his first year.

STRAUSS: Give him time to get over his leg injury without losing a player on the senior list.

SPENCER: Same reason as Strauss.

SHOW US SOMETHING NEXT YEAR OR PISS OFF:

BARTRAM: I like him as a midfield tagger. Done a great job on Kerr, we can't allow him to have to much of the ball though cos of his skill level.

BENNELL: Too much of a confidence player, needs to show some consistancy.

GREEN: Needs to hand over the captaincy to Moloney.

RIVERS: Too slow, doesn't do enough.

DAVEY: Gutless squib, shouldn't be in the side, makes Morton look like a hard nut, he is leading a bad example.

JETTA: Slow, no real talent that you would expect for an aboriginal.

LAWRENCE: Done nothing so far.

TRADE:

JONES: Dumb footballer, trade him now before it's too late cos he won't be getting any better.

SYLVIA: Selfish, lazy footballer who will never live up to expectations. Do it now or regret it later.

DELIST:

WARNOCK: Worst footballer in the AFL, no one could possibly want this clown I don't know what you people see in him.

MACDONALD: Competing with Warnock as the dumbest footballer in the AFL. I think he gave away at least 5 goals on the weekend.

ROOKIE:

WONAEAMIRRI: Not committed, fat, lazy and slow, hasn't had a kick since his first year.

STRAUSS: Give him time to get over his leg injury without losing a player on the senior list.

BARTRAM: I like him as a midfield tagger. Done a great job on Kerr, we can't allow him to have to much of the ball though cos of his skill level.

DAVEY: Gutless squib, shouldn't be in the side, makes Morton look like a hard nut, he is leading a bad example.

Hey I know, why don't we just get rid of the whole team...?:rolleyes:

Jones has been one of our best and gives 100% every week and you wanna trade him? Geez we really won't win a game.

TRADE:

DELIST:

ROOKIE:

I stopped reading after that

Are you ****ing serious??
Jonah will be at least top 3 in the Club B n F, if not The winner because of trengove missing games, i have no doubt he is rated higher internally than he is on here, your an idiot mate, pull your head in:thumbsu:

Ignoring the Jones comment... i surprisingly agree with a lot of what Sting said. There are a few players we just need to be tough on. Disagree on MacDonald also...

Maric i just dont know. I reckon he has been the first to be dropped after a loss, when there were worse players on the ground that contributed to the loss. He has shown he can kick goals, but playing in sides that get ****-all inside 50's its not exactly easy for him to be a small forward. Needs another year in a hopefully improved side.

Ignoring the Jones comment... i surprisingly agree with a lot of what Sting said. There are a few players we just need to be tough on. Disagree on MacDonald also...

Maric i just dont know. I reckon he has been the first to be dropped after a loss, when there were worse players on the ground that contributed to the loss. He has shown he can kick goals, but playing in sides that get ****-all inside 50's its not exactly easy for him to be a small forward. Needs another year in a hopefully improved side.
I do agree we need to make some tough calls, but taking 15 players off our senior list is... a little excessive, perhaps? We could also potentially get something on the open market for Bate, Dunn, Warnock, MacDonald and Maric, so delisting them is stupid. Also assuming no one else is going to swoop on Wonna and Strauss is naiive at best.

What's that about?! Sounds like a comment from back in the 60s... You should read an article that Adam Goodes wrote criticising the 'black magic' stereotype because it undersold the hard work involved in developing exceptional skills.

What's that about?! Sounds like a comment from back in the 60s... You should read an article that Adam Goodes wrote criticising the 'black magic' stereotype because it undersold the hard work involved in developing exceptional skills.

It doesnt help with the way the commentators go about it
If milney snaps a goal its the tip rat doing his thing, any black fella snaps a goal and its 'delicious' 'magical' etc

Hey I know, why don't we just get rid of the whole team...?:rolleyes:

Jones has been one of our best and gives 100% every week and you wanna trade him? Geez we really won't win a game.
Yeah he's a match winner that Jones. Consistant clanger king, do you just wait to he's untradable like Dunn, Bate and Warnock?

The untalented, unskilled players are just as big a problem as the soft players.

Remove this Banner Ad

These players, Whats your Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Back