2nds They want to Clip our Wings Even more!

Remove this Banner Ad

With us wanting to brand out of SA, I would love the vision on a power reserves in the VFL and have the magpies model in the SANFL in it's purest form.

Nah, that just takes us back to confused branding.

20 years, but can be reviewed/broken with 2 years' notice, from memory.

Thanks. Obviously the SANFL reserves the right to change things every year o_O

We can only sign 18-23 year olds that live in SA that have not played SANFL in 2 years.

Pretty much the best of the country league.

...once the SANFL clubs have picked the eyes out of the zones anyway lol

there's no reason why the two AFL clubs in SA need to operate under the same conditions. no AFL clubs are on equal footing.

we need to stop listening to the SANFL clubs as they are irrelevant, and therefore the only ones making noise about this old minded crap.

Given we were rolling out 17-19 AFL listed players each week according to most, surely the changes to top ups are just fiddling at the edges.
No and you can't have seen the Maggies play if that's your view at the end of the season. That's the unthinking mantra of the "NO AFL IN THE SANFL" brigade. BTW did we ever play 17 AFL-listed players? I doubt it. I think about 15 AFL-listed would have been the norm. In the GF perhaps, where weirdly I think our selection was required to have a stronger AFL component than we wanted.
The core SANFL players gave us the heart of our team. As is the way with a reserves team the AFL-listed players who did well in the Maggies were continually taken up, those who struggled there dropped back. Meanwhile a proportion of the AFL listed players (who had to be played) were not up to SANFL standard. The fact that our SANFL-listed players were strong is what took us to a GF. And the fact the Cows did not develop such a group made them uncompetitive.

there's no reason why the two AFL clubs in SA need to operate under the same conditions. no AFL clubs are on equal footing.

See the VFL. Geelong has Geelong, Hawthorn has Box Hill, North Melbourne has North Ballarat and Werribee.

Screw #RealFooty IGA "Mighty South Aussies YEAH" SNAFL

I want AFLSA! Gill buy them campaigners out!

Dream on. REH could probably estimate the cost of that for you. In practice such a coup would probably require buying six SANFL clubs to have a majority then spilling and replacing the SAFC per existing processes, then replacing the SAFC delegates/appointees to the SMA, then renegotiate the AO stadium deal finally on a sane basis, given that cricket doesn't really care about the money from footy. Would take at least five years.

Who honestly didn't see this coming?

Yep, was inevitable.. although I don't blame to optimists thinking $$'s would appease the $ANFL for a while..

SACK THE SANFL BOARD - Restore some common sense!

Dream on. REH could probably estimate the cost of that for you. In practice such a coup would probably require buying six SANFL clubs to have a majority then spilling and replacing the SAFC per existing processes, then replacing the SAFC delegates/appointees to the SMA, then renegotiate the AO stadium deal finally on a sane basis, given that cricket doesn't really care about the money from footy. Would take at least five years.

Worth the wait.

You don't hear Norwood complaining. No, it's only the loser clubs who can't get with the program and start developing AFL ready players but instead try to hold onto this notion that they can play "real footy" back from the 80s and 90s.

That being said, this is just a way to ensure that when our list has 24-26 year old AFL listed players on it that we don't destroy them. Which is going to happen.

WOW they got 38,000 to the grand final and the SANFL is a huge success

lets be honest here, if South had beaten Port and it was a Norwood vs South grand final there would have been 20k at most

The only reason they had a bumper crowd was because WE were there

Would have been close to a sellout if it was the week after the AFL grand final too.
Lots of Port supporters were still in Melbourne.

No and you can't have seen the Maggies play if that's your view at the end of the season. That's the unthinking mantra of the "NO AFL IN THE SANFL" brigade. BTW did we ever play 17 AFL-listed players? I doubt it. I think about 15 AFL-listed would have been the norm. In the GF perhaps, where weirdly I think our selection was required to have a stronger AFL component than we wanted.
The core SANFL players gave us the heart of our team. As is the way with a reserves team the AFL-listed players who did well in the Maggies were continually taken up, those who struggled there dropped back. Meanwhile a proportion of the AFL listed players (who had to be played) were not up to SANFL standard. The fact that our SANFL-listed players were strong is what took us to a GF. And the fact the Cows did not develop such a group made them uncompetitive.

Totally Agree!

But there is no point leaving for the VFL or WAFL.. can you imagine all the travel involved for our players.
Good luck getting them training together and then flying to VIC or WA ever second weekend.. thats if the VFL or WAFL clubs are willing to fly to Adelaide to play our home games at Alberton o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally Agree!

But there is no point leaving for the VFL or WAFL.. can you imagine all the travel involved for our players.
Good luck getting them training together and then flying to VIC or WA ever second weekend.. thats if the VFL or WAFL clubs are willing to fly to Adelaide to play our home games at Alberton o_O

Apart from the monetary issues, I don't think that the travel to Victoria is a problem at all - the AFL team has to travel (mostly to Victoria), so this could only be seen as a positive in getting players ready for the rigours of AFL. I wouldn't think that the VFL teams would object either (for the same reasons), again as long as there is no financial hit.

Would be great to stagger home AFL games with home VFL/AFLSA games as well, so that there would always be a Port Adelaide game in town.

Would have been close to a sellout if it was the week after the AFL grand final too.
Lots of Port supporters were still in Melbourne.

Yeah, I was still somewhere around Keith with a Tarago full of other Port supporters when the game was ready to start.

That said, as the showpiece of Australian Football, I also believe the AFL Grand Final deserves its billing as the final, stand alone event on the sport's calendar. Should have happened long ago.

You guys obviously don't get it. It's OK for Centrals to play in 12 successive grand finals and win 9 flags, but woe betide Port Adelaide if they have the audacity to finish the minor round on top of the ladder even once. This must not be allowed to reoccur until John Olsen is carried out in a pine box.
FTFY

Screw #RealFooty IGA "Mighty South Aussies YEAH" SNAFL

I want AFLSA! Gill buy them campaigners out!

There's no point in an AFLSA..it will just be a name change for the SANFL. Nothing else will change.
The only way an AFLSA will work is if it's an entirely new competition, administered by the AFL with no Olsens or Whickers or other local maggots.
And even then there's the problem of the w***ers at clubs like Sturt and Norwood who will try and cause Port problems at every opportunity. And whose to say an old boys club golden boy like Gil wont rise to run the AFL, or be appointed to run the AFLSA by the AFL?

Like many of us have said now and in the past, we need to get our selves out of this shithouse competition.
Pull out completely, join the SAAFL, VFL, Whatever-the-heck-FL, and be done with these headaches for good.

Imagine the AFL run like the SANFL. Hawks back to back premiers, Collingwood and Carlton start demanding Hawks be restricted from recruiting from this place and that place, they can only have 2 Victorians, every other player must be Tasmanian, half their revenue must be distributed amongst other clubs...They aren't the real Hawthorn..well just because we say so.

#heckthesanfl

Nah, that just takes us back to confused branding.

It doesn't need to be because then we are branding our selves as a sporting club with League team in the AFL, dedicated reserves in the VFL, SANFL structure, Cricket Club, Bowls Club and more :)

“We feel that the Port Adelaide Football Club needs to be in under the same conditions as the Adelaide Football Club and I’m surprised the Crows haven’t jumped up and down about that,’’ said Sturt CEO Sue Dewing, one of the eight SANFL club chiefs The Advertiser interviewed last week."
If that's the case why don't they just get the Calves to use the same model as us, therefore improving the competition even further? Oh wait that's right the Calves don't want to buggerise around having a real side in the SANFL, and "same conditions" is a euphemism for hobbling the Maggies.

Looking forward to our club using their competition as an match simulated training run just like the crows do.

I would prefer that we just used the PAFC Power guernsey and use the PB in the afl to celebrate milestones.

Awwww, look at that. They get 38,000 to their GF and they think they're relevant again. How cute.

That 38k was with no real promotion and about 5k Port supporters still traveling back from Melbourne. If the lazy bastards actually promoted it, dropped beer prices etc they could have got another 8k.

I know the last 2 or 3 years at Footy Park they gave away lots of freebies - thousands each year for the GF.

It's good to see that 6 of the clubs realised that the introduction of a true One Port Adelaide and the crows has raised the standards and that it has meant they have had to get off their backside and compete and improve themselves.

But those pants wetting campaigners at North and Centrals still cower in the corner.

Oh AdsGoNads this isn't a new restriction as such. The no over 23 players and none from interstate was talked about a month ago.

That 38k was with no real promotion and about 5k Port supporters still traveling back from Melbourne. If the lazy bastards actually promoted it, dropped beer prices etc they could have got another 8k.

I know the last 2 or 3 years at Footy Park they gave away lots of freebies - thousands each year for the GF.

It's good to see that 6 of the clubs realised that the introduction of a true One Port Adelaide and the crows has raised the standards and that it has meant they have had to get off their backside and compete and improve themselves.

But those pants wetting campaigners at North and Centrals still cower in the corner.

Oh AdsGoNads this isn't a new restriction as such. The no over 23 players and none from interstate was talked about a month ago.

Yeah, I remember the 1 year contract & U23 year old announcement coming out RussellEbertHandball, but chose to ignore it due to both teams still playing football.. I figured KT & Kosh would be doing their work behind the scenes and the fight would start again Post season.. But this 'coming into line with the Crows model' is to much!

:mad: Feeling Rope-able!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back